PDA

View Full Version : Drafix Pro Landscape

americanlawnartists
09-15-2006, 12:19 AM
Does anyone have any feedback on drafix pro landscape software. I got the demo dvd...it looks awesome but it's like $1300. I figured i'd do some research.

Travel'n Trees
09-15-2006, 01:57 AM
Never not got the job with it. In fact one developer put it on their upper end web site, 3 months before we did the job.

Dreams To Designs
09-19-2006, 07:12 AM
As far as landscape design software, it is an excellent product for the investment. It does take some time to master and taking one of their sponsored courses would be a good move. All the clients I have presented it with, have been extremely impressed and more importantly, able to understand what I was trying to convey with the 3D imaging. I would recommend sampling all the other offers out there, but likely returning to Pro Landscape as your best investment of time and money.

While you are looking at software, check into Horticopia. It is excellent plant encyclopedia software which is the perfect compliment to Pro Landscape. I use pro Landscape regularly for design and presentations, but likely use Horticopia every single day.

http://horticopia.com/

Kirk

MarkintheGarden
09-20-2006, 10:00 AM
As far as landscape design software, it is an excellent product for the investment. It does take some time to master and taking one of their sponsored courses would be a good move. All the clients I have presented it with, have been extremely impressed and more importantly, able to understand what I was trying to convey with the 3D imaging. I would recommend sampling all the other offers out there, but likely returning to Pro Landscape as your best investment of time and money.

While you are looking at software, check into Horticopia. It is excellent plant encyclopedia software which is the perfect compliment to Pro Landscape. I use pro Landscape regularly for design and presentations, but likely use Horticopia every single day.

http://horticopia.com/

Kirk

I agree Kirk, I have used both pro and horticopia! Pro is difficult at first but worth the investment in time. I think it is expensive, but worth the money if you are doing a lot of design work.

Dreams To Designs
09-20-2006, 10:08 AM
Mark, that is all that I do, along with on site design consultation and instruction, but both programs make my business and my clients properties more successful and beautiful. You just have to realize the limitations of any software. Experience, skill and knowledge are the real keys!

Kirk

williamslawn
09-20-2006, 08:55 PM
Please PM me I have a copy for sell. I have sold my business and no longer need it. Ver. 11