PDA

View Full Version : Little Wonder Blower Question

colestat
09-15-2006, 07:58 AM
Hi,
Newbie here. My husband runs a small Lawn service business (16 accounts). He started the business in March 06 so this will be his first leaf season and he is shopping for equipment.

He was looking at an 8hp Little Wonder WB blower for $900. I asked him to find out the price of a 13hp. He says he can get the 13hp for $1400 but he is very concerned about how much heavier it will be.

I checked on the Little Wonder website and it appears that the 13hp HO (honda) is 110 lbs. and the 8hp HO (briggs) is 149 lbs. Does it make sense that the higher HP model would weigh less?

Also - are the prices he was quoted fair?

Thank you.

noseha
09-15-2006, 08:11 AM
:p I Use 8hp Lw And Like It For The Money! I Paid 875.00 For Mine In Fall 04. I Don't Have The Option Of Shopping Around I Have To Buy What I Can At One Shop Or Go On A Three Hour Round Trip. I Would Like A Swivel Tire Out Front It's Worth The Money !

nobagger
09-15-2006, 08:15 AM
Honestly, the 8hp would be fine for power. We have a 10hp and it's almost too much power in places. As far as the weight, who cares, its not like your lifting it up the larger tires make it very manuverable.

Stinky Pete
09-15-2006, 09:24 AM
I recommend that you go with the Force. http://www.billygoat.com/site/intro.aspx?pid=49 It's lighter, quieter, and the most powerful out there. I've used LW (10 hp) and they are loud and not easy to push. They simply weigh too much. They are powerful but the new Force has them beat. I got my 9 hp Subaru Force for $999 after mail in rebate. I didn't care for the mail in rebate but I got my $75 check a couple weeks ago so it wasn't bad.

ALL-PRO LANDSCAPE CO.
09-15-2006, 11:09 AM
I currently have a brand new Little Wonder 10HP push blower that I just bought in NH for $950. No leaves to experiment with but i blew some debris and I am already convinced. Good luck.

nobagger
09-15-2006, 02:23 PM
I currently have a brand new Little Wonder 10HP push blower that I just bought in NH for $950. No leaves to experiment with but i blew some debris and I am already convinced. Good luck.
ALL-PRO, you will love it! It's got more power than you really need but its awesome moving a 6'x10' pyle of leaves in seconds. If your blowing straight ahead don't let the machine go unattended- it will blow itself backwards in a split second and send you running for it. NO I never did this but the dealer I bought it from did to show me the power and he was running after it after he turned away to answer one of my questions.:laugh: :hammerhead:

clydesdale
09-15-2006, 02:42 PM
I called little wonder and the 13hp HO weights 171, the weight on there site is a mistake. The 13hp billy goat force is 161. I ordered the force. I just returned a 9hp force the other day. I had it for about 2 minutes. I compared it to my 16 y.o 11hp giant vac and they were pretty much the same. I would not even consider the 8hp.
If you husband is like me then he does most, if not all the work himself and needs to finish quick to go to his regular job. Therefore you need good equipment. Get the bigger blower, you will be happy. I have been pushing my 11hp giant vac for 16 years on my 12-15 accounts and I want something more powerful, not less. I want to finish even faster.

colestat
09-15-2006, 04:02 PM
Yes Clydesdale, my husband currently does 99% of the work himself and he also works another part-time job so completing his accounts as efficiently and easily as possible is important, which is why I suggested the higher hp model.

Thanks for the clarification on the weight, it didn't make sense to me.

We will look into the Billy Goat model as well.

ed2hess
09-15-2006, 10:11 PM
We have the 13hp Billygoat and like the feature where you can change the exhaust directions up/down with lever. Our unit is two years old and a little heavy for pushing through the lawn but looks like the new units are lighter. We had a 9hp and took it back since we didn't think it was significantly better than a big back pack.....13hp is certainly better than back pack.

MEDIC470
09-16-2006, 12:07 AM
We have both 8's and a couple 13's. The Honda engines are by far superior to the B&S engines. As for needing less velocity, just throttle down. If you need the power to move heavy material, youll have it. Go with the 13!

Tharrell
09-16-2006, 05:20 AM
I saw a Force with the 9hp Subaru engine the other day. That is the baddest blower I have ever seen.

colestat
10-26-2006, 08:28 AM
Update - Thanks for all the advice. We went with the 13hp Billy Goat Force. My husband tried it out yesterday for the first time. Outstanding - easy to push compared to the Little Wonder 9hp. Tremendous power - it was blowing apart a garden stone wall when he walked by. He was working with another lawn crew yesterday and everyone who tried it didn't want to give it up and they were all trying to convince the owner to buy one also.

Lynden-Jeff
10-27-2006, 07:09 PM
Just bought the 8 HP with briggs. I know briggs sucks however it is $500 less and I BARELY have enough jobs to justify it. I figure in 2 years ill either throw another engine in it (honda) which will be less then $500 or just buy and entirly new blower. How powerful are the 8 HP? I was set on the 5 honda but figure even though its briggs I need the power.

Cheers
Jeff

RICHIE K
10-28-2006, 07:22 AM
What part of jersey you from

Richie K

www.kulakandcompany.com :)