PDA

View Full Version : Tiger cub-up in flames!!

bushhogman
09-15-2006, 09:17 AM
Has anyone ever had their mower catch on fire? I was own my Tiger cub last night and notice that is was starting bog down going up hills. The more I mowed the weaker it got. I just replace both hyd pumps, so I thought I might have gotten a bad pump. I only had one more section to mow behind a gated fence, so I buzzed the lady inside and she open the gate for me. But when I started the mower I heard a whosh sound and then I was over taken by smoke. I jump off and flipped up the sit and noticed that the wiring harness was in flames along with hyd lines (battery cables also on fire). We got the firing out but the mower was toast. Took 4 guys to get the mower back on the trailer,,,very hard to move without power. Has anyone ever heard about a scag cathing on fire? It really scared me because both gas tanks were full of fuel. I took to the shop last night, and I about to give them a call. I have 99 model, so I might just buy a new one and a rebuild the old one over the winter months. I am just very confussed about the cause of the fire,,,,,:dizzy: phil

Mowing Freak
09-15-2006, 09:53 AM
First, sorry to hear about your loss. That is very disheartning. Next time, do as I do. If anything changes about your mower, especially while you are mowing, like sounds, thumps, smells, anything, shut it down and investigate. I have found sticks get up in my mower and start rubbing and start smoking. Also, belts jump pullys because of sticks and start smoking so I can fix that too. What caused yours could be a number of things. Just thank God that your gas tanks didn't go up!!

scaper27
09-15-2006, 10:26 AM
If you just had work done, I would assume maybe they put it togetrher and something was rubbing. But I am sure its hard to find out what the cause is if everything is black. Sorry ,man