PDA

View Full Version : New Toro Zero Turn

puppypaws
09-15-2006, 04:31 PM
There is a new Toro zero turn that the public is not aware of yet, it goes into full production in November of this year. The Toro people said there is nothing that compares in the zero turn category, it has a 28 hp Kubota diesel and a 35 hp turbo charged Kubota diesel and all types of deck configurations. They are going to bring one to my farm and leave it for a day so I can try it in dry and damp conditions early in the morning. This is not a cheap piece of machinery but I will find out if it is worth the money. They are going to bring the turbo with a 72" mulching deck first then they want me to try the side discharge later. I said that thing will have to be very powerful to mulch with that big of a deck and he said I have cut 6" grass taking off 3" and it made the grass dissappear, I told him I would need to see that to believe it. They are sending me a brochure that only the reps have at this time, it will be mailed to me by the first of next week.

rodfather
09-15-2006, 04:40 PM
interesting...btw why were you chosen?

puppypaws
09-15-2006, 04:51 PM
interesting...btw why were you chosen?I have a friend in charge of the cities mowing including the 18 hole golf course there and he keeps up with all the newest commercial mowing equipment on the market. He told me what was going to happen so I gave them a call and they asked me how I new about this new mower because it had not come out to the public yet and I told him. We then started talking and hit it off pretty good so I just mentioned that it sounded like one horse of a mower and I would like the chance to run one and this is how it started, a lot of times the way you talk and relate to people can get a lot accomplished.

rodfather
09-15-2006, 04:54 PM
Good for you...it should be interesting to say the least. Keep us informed too btw if ya would.

mowtech
09-15-2006, 05:37 PM
http://www.toro.com/grounds/mower/trim/gm7200/7200.html

6'7 330
09-15-2006, 05:43 PM
Is the TurboForce going to be re-designed for this mower?

puppypaws
09-15-2006, 06:24 PM
Is the TurboForce going to be re-designed for this mower?I will ask that question, the web address you see above is all I know about it at this time. I was just told it was a monster of a zero turn mower. The statement that was made to me was it was a heavy duty build zero turn on steroids.

JTF40
09-15-2006, 06:38 PM
I am the biggest fan of Kubota Diesels and I predict that this particular Toro will cost in excess of $15,000.00 !!!!!!:weightlifter: :usflag:

BMFD92
09-15-2006, 07:46 PM
that looks like one mean machine. Take a look at what you can turn it into for snow removal. That is one cool machine.

puppypaws
09-15-2006, 07:47 PM
I am the biggest fan of Kubota Diesels and I predict that this particular Toro will cost in excess of $15,000.00 !!!!!!:weightlifter: :usflag:You will be correct. I'll bet that 35 turbo will be a strong setup.

Pietro
09-15-2006, 07:51 PM
I bet ya its higher than 15K. My Toro Z is a 60 inch 23 hp Kubota, I paid 10,600

rodfather
09-15-2006, 09:19 PM
I am the biggest fan of Kubota Diesels and I predict that this particular Toro will cost in excess of $15,000.00 !!!!!!:weightlifter: :usflag:

so who is gonna buy it I ask?

puppypaws
09-15-2006, 09:28 PM
so who is gonna buy it I ask?The city I talked about earlier in this post has 3 Toro's now that cost over $60,000.00 a piece and that is just three mowers out of a fleet so I guess there will be some people that will pay the price. The guy that runs the show already told me he was going to buy two of them just to give them a try.

JTF40
09-15-2006, 10:51 PM
so who is gonna buy it I ask?

I ask myself the same question. That is one of many attempts from many manufacturers to have the "top dog" of ZTR mowers on the market. :usflag:

ALarsh
09-16-2006, 01:15 AM
I heard it was upwards of $30K. :confused: :confused:

puppypaws
09-16-2006, 08:07 AM
I heard it was upwards of $30K. :confused: :confused:No it is in the $18000.00 range but I am sure it can be bought for less.

rodfather
09-16-2006, 08:09 AM
No it is in the $18000.00 range but I am sure it can be bought for less.

that is still alot of $$$...average LCO won't go for that for sure.

pugs
09-16-2006, 08:56 AM
I dunno if this is related to the 7200...but in the latest turf magazine there was a little blurb about a Z599 model that will be at EXPO. I think it said 29HP Kubuta.

Not sure if the 599 is the same machine or what...Since the 7200 is really more in the Sports Feild/Grounds Maint category of Toro most Toro dealers probably wont be able to get them for you. But they will be able to get the 599.

puppypaws
09-16-2006, 09:42 AM
I dunno if this is related to the 7200...but in the latest turf magazine there was a little blurb about a Z599 model that will be at EXPO. I think it said 29HP Kubuta.

Not sure if the 599 is the same machine or what...Since the 7200 is really more in the Sports Feild/Grounds Maint category of Toro most Toro dealers probably wont be able to get them for you. But they will be able to get the 599.I expect anything can be bought if you have the money. They told me I would be able to buy one so I don't see a problem, they build them to sell.

tomo
09-16-2006, 06:13 PM
There is a new Toro zero turn that the public is not aware of yet, it goes into full production in November of this year. The Toro people said there is nothing that compares in the zero turn category, it has a 28 hp Kubota diesel and a 35 hp turbo charged Kubota diesel and all types of deck configurations. They are going to bring one to my farm and leave it for a day so I can try it in dry and damp conditions early in the morning. This is not a cheap piece of machinery but I will find out if it is worth the money. They are going to bring the turbo with a 72" mulching deck first then they want me to try the side discharge later. I said that thing will have to be very powerful to mulch with that big of a deck and he said I have cut 6" grass taking off 3" and it made the grass dissappear, I told him I would need to see that to believe it. They are sending me a brochure that only the reps have at this time, it will be mailed to me by the first of next week.

hello, 1/ is it the 7200?
2/kubota do make a NON turbo 35 hp
3/toro have always been slow on the uptake in regards to hp
4/X-LARGE ZTR mostly only suitable 4 72 work [ jd 997, toro 7200, hustler diesel]
5/ border line size would be the massey ferguson/ iskei 330 avaiable in 60 inch big engine 1.5 ltr load of torque and 4 the 72 standard or high capacity tunnel deck. The machine runs the same deck as the out fronts.
6/i suspect 60 inch is the most popular 4 contractors
tomo

puppypaws
09-16-2006, 08:10 PM
hello, 1/ is it the 7200?
2/kubota do make a NON turbo 35 hp
3/toro have always been slow on the uptake in regards to hp
4/X-LARGE ZTR mostly only suitable 4 72 work [ jd 997, toro 7200, hustler diesel]
5/ border line size would be the massey ferguson/ iskei 330 avaiable in 60 inch big engine 1.5 ltr load of torque and 4 the 72 standard or high capacity tunnel deck. The machine runs the same deck as the out fronts.
6/i suspect 60 inch is the most popular 4 contractors
tomoIs that why it is called the Groundmaster 7200 because it has the same designed deck that goes on the out front deck model, and how does that deck cut in different conditions, I don't have a clue.

Envy Lawn Service
09-17-2006, 12:36 AM
My first thought is that Tonyr will be sick-sick-sick...

Looks to me like a dedicated mulcching deck and a modified turbo force for the larger side discharge deck. Me, I'd like to see what that big diesel and mulching deck can do. But I'm not much on 1 ton mowers that are the size of a 6x8 trailer.

Mickhippy
09-17-2006, 12:46 AM
My first thought is that Tonyr will be sick-sick-sick...

When I first heard of this machine, I immediately thought of Tony! He would be sooo pizzed off! haaaaa
Wonder if it will come out in a rear discharge! haaaaa:hammerhead:

Sorry Tony if you read this! lol

Envy Lawn Service
09-17-2006, 01:15 AM
When I first heard of this machine, I immediately thought of Tony! He would be sooo pizzed off! haaaaa
Wonder if it will come out in a rear discharge! haaaaa:hammerhead:

Sorry Tony if you read this! lol

Yeah, and to be all, I just wrote in a thread the other night about seeing a 997 Rear Discharge in an extreme government application. Could not have been nastier or drier... and that machine had no more than a just dirty radiator screen. No clogging. Like I told him, it was probably just a wrong or too aggressive engine fan on his unit. I suspected it from the beginning, but I KNOW for sure now that his issue had zero to do with the rear discharge deck... just his unit.

Mickhippy
09-17-2006, 01:28 AM
I'd bet JD made some adjustments somewhere to the newer machines. Weather it be a smaller fan or something I dont know but we both know that Tony's was cr@p! Going through all that was a big part of him getting out of the business I reckon. Just drained him with the stress etc.

The Hustler deck problems we're seeing (tacoma for eg) remind me of what Tony went through, except, at least Hustler are trying to fix it! Weather they can or not remains to be seen.

Envy Lawn Service
09-17-2006, 01:42 AM
Something like that can take all the air out of your sails... that's for sure.
Been there... been through it.

Personally, just to be honest, I think the engine on his unit just shipped from Yanmar with the wrong CFM fan attached. Same size fan, more aggressive blade angle. Just none of them could think to remove the fan and compare it to one from another unit with no problems... or better yet, Deere was too stubborn to do it.

puppypaws
09-17-2006, 09:14 AM
Is that why it is called the Groundmaster 7200 because it has the same designed deck that goes on the out front deck model, and how does that deck cut in different conditions, I don't have a clue.
I don't really know what mower it is and I don't know what engines Kubota has all I have ever run is John Deere diesels but mainly from 100 to 250 hp. I have a 606 turbo charged John Deere that runs a 110 kw generator on my farm also. I'm going to get this mower and put it through it's paces and then I will be able to tell you more about it.

puppypaws
09-21-2006, 09:25 PM
Got the brochure on the mower today, it is a Groundmaster 7200/7210. They offer a Guardian 62" and 72" Recycler Deck and a 72" Side Discharge Deck. The deck looks really good it has what they call a Bull-nose Bumper to provide durability and help prevent blowout, the leading edge is raised 1/4" so the grass stands up straight for a cleaner cut. It has a 11.5 gal. fuel tank and a 12.5 mph mowing speed with hydraulic deck lift and a direct drive transmission and weighs in at 1900 lbs. There is a lot of attachments one that is interesting is the hydraulic blower that mounts on the back like the ones you see on the back of tractors that runs off the PTO, you see them used on golf courses a lot to blow leaves out of the fairways in the fall and they will blow like the devil. She really looks like a hoss especially with the Kubota 35 turbo, it looks like it would pull a lot of weight. I'm going to find out what it can do.

lawnspecialties
09-21-2006, 09:30 PM
Got the brochure on the mower today, it is a Groundmaster 7200/7210. They offer a Guardian 62" and 72" Recycler Deck and a 72" Side Discharge Deck. The deck looks really good it has what they call a Bull-nose Bumper to provide durability and help prevent blowout, the leading edge is raised 1/4" so the grass stands up straight for a cleaner cut. It has a 11.5 gal. fuel tank and a 12.5 mph mowing speed with hydraulic deck lift and a direct drive transmission and weighs in at 1900 lbs. There is a lot of attachments one that is interesting is the hydraulic blower that mounts on the back like the ones you see on the back of tractors that runs off the PTO, you see them used on golf courses a lot to blow leaves out of the fairways in the fall and they will blow like the devil. She really looks like a hoss especially with the Kubota 35 turbo, it looks like it would pull a lot of weight. I'm going to find out what it can do.

With the weight and all, it sounds comparable to Hustler's Z with the Cat. I don't even consider buying that one, either.:)

puppypaws
09-21-2006, 09:41 PM
With the weight and all, it sounds comparable to Hustler's Z with the Cat. I don't even consider buying that one, either.:)Over 600 lbs. more than the one I have now, I'm just real interested in seeing if it will make 3" of cut grass disappear like they claim.

Willofalltrades
09-21-2006, 10:55 PM
oh, yea definatly to big for me! You got me all excited about a redesigned Toro.

John Gamba
09-22-2006, 06:24 AM

I seen one on a trailer yesterday, it looked heavy.

3Bladz
12-28-2007, 10:46 PM
anybody heard any more about this?

Envy Lawn Service
12-29-2007, 02:31 AM
The mower is now on their website I think...