PDA

View Full Version : why is this happening

ozd12005
09-15-2006, 06:26 PM
I have the snapper 21" commercial hi vac with the 6 kaw. The problem I'm having is its laying about half the grass down and cutting the other half, it sure looks like all of it has been cut but with a closer look the grass is still long and laying down like its been rolled. any ideas of what it could be ?

I have already checked to following and it still cut the same

sharpened and balanced blade (took it to the dealer and wasted $7 bucks)
spotless underneath
all wheel height adjusters set the same

I bought this unit in the spring and have problem after problem with it and feel the unit was a waste of money. after trying the above with no results I had no choice but to take the old craftsman off the trailer and that old crapsman (as some will say) brought a smile to my face as it has in the past with its superior cut.

ChadsLawn
09-15-2006, 06:29 PM
Sell the scrapper I mean snapper and keep using the crapsman I mean craftsman..
Did you try using a new blade? It may be bent?

saw man
09-15-2006, 08:14 PM
Try getting the lift kit for your blade. Install that and you should see a difference.

Cobra Jock
09-15-2006, 08:49 PM
Try putting the blade on right side up:hammerhead:

Greg

ozd12005
09-15-2006, 08:49 PM
Try getting the lift kit for your blade. Install that and you should see a difference.

What is the lift kit ? After reading your reply I went and looked at the snapper and see that the blade is really close to the bottom, As all the dealers are closed now I just cant vision something to lift this blade up :confused:

Also chadslawn I checked the blade it's not bent

barnard
09-15-2006, 08:56 PM
Just a guess, but are you cutting fairly thin fescue? At a tall cutting heighth? Mybe with a mulch kit? If yes you can slow engine speed or lower cutting height some.and open the side discharge . Also if not mulching use a lower lift blade.It will help believe it or not.

Dunn's
09-15-2006, 09:13 PM
Hey OZD sent you a PM

ed2hess
09-15-2006, 10:57 PM
It must be the grass we use that same mower for mulching on St Augustine and Bermuda and is does just fine. Although I am a Snapper fan I don't think it is a super mulcher and not a super bagger but darn good handling for trim mower.

ozd12005
09-16-2006, 10:15 PM
Just a guess, but are you cutting fairly thin fescue? At a tall cutting heighth? Mybe with a mulch kit? If yes you can slow engine speed or lower cutting height some.and open the side discharge . Also if not mulching use a lower lift blade.It will help believe it or not.

Thanks for the info