PDA

View Full Version : Power Washing - Enclosed Trailer

ztrguy
09-15-2006, 07:08 PM
Anyone that is running a power washing business in an enclosed trailer or box truck....please reply!

Please let me know how you have your rig setup. How do you eliminate heat inside the box? Do you have any problem with connections leaking and ruining the floor of the box? Anyway to eliminate these problems? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

lawncare18
09-15-2006, 07:16 PM
I have seen a company around here with a box truck and they got a little vent pipe going up through the roof venting the exhaust.. they are called mobil fleet wash and wash mainly big trucks and equipment I believe... but somehting I htink you could do well on..

General Landscaping
09-15-2006, 08:11 PM
I've seen a custom trailer with a drop gate on the back and a metal roll up door for the celing. Floor was 2X6 for drainage. It looked like a regular enclosed trailer to the casual observer

firecapt13
09-15-2006, 11:29 PM
I have a fan hanging in my trailer that keeps all exhaust and fumes out of trailer.

ATL Lawn
09-19-2006, 10:19 AM
how wide is it?

Total.Lawn.Care
02-27-2007, 12:06 PM
Look on ebay. Here is a link to one in an enclosed trailer.
http://cgi.ebay.com/TRAILER-MOUNTED-HOT-WATER-PRESSURE-WASHER_W0QQitemZ270091746276QQihZ017QQcategoryZ46536QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

You can see how they vented the engine exhaust and the burner exhaust up a stack and out the roof.

Also, they have the two side doors to allow more ventalation. It will giv eyou ideas.

GreenN'Clean
02-27-2007, 12:32 PM
I'm thinking of turning my 6 x 12 enclosed trailer into a power wash set up this year

simtur
10-01-2007, 08:43 AM
I used to haul around a 6 x 4 enlcosed trailer behind the carpet van. Had a pop up rear door, and two side doors. The hot box was vented trough the roof by way of a chimney.

andrewriffle2005
10-01-2007, 09:52 PM
I currently use three set-ups at this time. I have an enclosed trailer, box truck, and flat-bed trailer all loaded with everything needed to do power washing. Your right, heat and exhaust fumes (if running a boiler) are very important items to think about. In our two enclosed units, we runs fans to help keep things cool. We wash over 1700 peices of equipment a month, so filling your water source efficently also has to be something to consider. You need to consider how large you are hoping to get. If you have any questions just ask.

simtur
10-02-2007, 03:50 AM
filling up is easy, I just hook straight up to the tap at the customers house.

andrewriffle2005
10-02-2007, 06:12 PM
We do mainly big trucking companies and have 1200 gallon tanks so we usually hit up city water plants and fill up usually under 10 mins. Most of these water plants hoses come from the ceiling so we have a small hole in the box truck and obviously no problem with the flat bed. If your doing houses, I would always use there water. We always do it that way.

FCPWLLC
10-03-2007, 10:23 AM
We have a line-x type product applied to the floor in our Trailer. To protect from chemicals.

eric4ace
10-22-2007, 09:06 AM
I have a 3500#, 250 degree washer mounted in the bed of my pick-up. When operating I open the tailgate, roof vent(if heat used) and all three topper doors. I do not have any overheating issues. The key is to face your exhaust towards an opening.

shepoutside
11-23-2007, 06:51 PM
If your specing a unit to run, in a enclosed trailer, or box van, do try to get a water cooled engine. The air cooled need the cooler air to properly cool, but would only have the warm air, and will burn out faster.

mgramling
12-08-2007, 10:43 AM
andrewriffle2005

My brother and father own 6 semi's and 12 wreckers. Can you tell me what chemical you use to spray on the trucks, and do very little hand brushing. the semi's are car haulers. the wreckers are 8 rollbacks and 4 heavy for hauling semi and trailers. We used to wash their trucks by hand, then started using an some sort fo acid so they dont' have to hit them with a brush. to help save on labor.

we are in the process of replacing the fleet, and want a good chemical, that isn't and acid, that won't hurt the paint or aluminum. their newest semist are a beautiful candy apple blue, with tons of aluminum. And right now we are hand washing them while we look for a product that won't hurt the finish. Can you you give me some ideas.

Propowerwash
02-06-2013, 01:47 AM
Anyone that is running a power washing business in an enclosed trailer or box truck....please reply!

Please let me know how you have your rig setup. How do you eliminate heat inside the box? Do you have any problem with connections leaking and ruining the floor of the box? Anyway to eliminate these problems? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
open trailer