PDA

View Full Version : Shindaiwa C-4 Trimmer Technology

PLS-Tx
09-15-2006, 07:28 PM
Shin C-4 vs RedMax Strato-Charged?

Are they the same?

If not, how do they compare? :confused:

Is the T-2510 comparible to the T-230 - T-231, or is it more like the T-260?

Pietro
09-15-2006, 07:38 PM
Ive got 2 redmax trimmers. 1 is older, 1 is a new stratocharged. The stratocharged on friggen shocks me on my left arm if it touches a certain part of the motor. I like the older ones, as they are much much ligher. I wil be lookin at shindawas next year.

newz7151
09-15-2006, 09:38 PM
Shin C-4 vs RedMax Strato-Charged?

Are they the same?

If not, how do they compare? :confused:

Is the T-2510 comparible to the T-230 - T-231, or is it more like the T-260?

I would have to say, from running a customers T2500 unit that the power would be comparable to the 230/231 units, but with more "grunt" torque. Went through some pretty thick johnson grass and milk weeds and expected to back off, but it just wouldn't bog. It had approx 60 hours on it (multi tool unit with cultivator and pole saw too) and it was in for a valve adjustment but when checked, the valves were still in spec. It's also a little quieter than the non C4 units. The difference in weight could take some getting used to, but it's not bad.

ow man
09-15-2006, 09:48 PM
Tac,

The C4 is a 4 mix type of engine like the Sthil 4 mix. The Stratocharge unit is a true two stroke. It uses a two barrel carb that brings in a clean air shot just before the mix is entered into the cylinder. It is then forced to the exhaust port side and holds back any unburned fuel. It is cleaner and meets better EPA requirements. The C4 has valves, push rods, springs, etc.... and those parts will wear and you have more maintanance. The RedMax has only a piston, rod and crank. I like my RedMax's Had no problems, and I have good dealer support in Illinois. Oh forgot to mention, Stratocharged uses 30% less fuel than the other units like the 4 mix's.