PDA

View Full Version : Some Random Pictures

KS_Grasscutter
09-15-2006, 09:39 PM
Well, i finally downloaded some more pictures. Here is one from aerating a couple weekends ago.

KS_Grasscutter
09-15-2006, 09:41 PM
another... the Ryan aerator belongs to LS member Jason Rose, he was kind enough to let me use it for the weekend. I am surprised, I managed to run it over 7 lawns and not mess up anything.

KS_Grasscutter
09-15-2006, 09:45 PM
Here is one from today, at my new storage place i am using. Trailer JUST BARELY fits in... friends are making bets to see how many days it is till i ruin the door :laugh: .

KS_Grasscutter
09-15-2006, 09:46 PM
another, showing just how tight it is...

KS_Grasscutter
09-15-2006, 09:50 PM
Last one for now, this also shows my "new" aerator i bougt from LS member walker-talker. Very pleased with the aerator so far. Also, the craftsman leaf vac is for sale, i want it GONE, I will let it go real cheap...

J&R Landscaping
09-15-2006, 10:06 PM
That is deifnitly a snug fit! Set-up looks good!

mcwlandscaping
09-15-2006, 10:21 PM
looks really good! keeps everything very safe!!

ALarsh
09-16-2006, 02:18 AM
How much does storage run you?

Also your rear bumper looks like its sagging or something out of alignment.

KS_Grasscutter
09-16-2006, 10:39 AM
How much does storage run you?

Also your rear bumper looks like its sagging or something out of alignment.

Storage unit is $68/mo, but they plan to raise rates in Nov. to $75.

The rear bumper... I honestly dont know. It does apper to be sagging or something in the picture, but the trailer is hooked to a seperate hitch, not to the bumper.

So far, the storage unit has been turning out to be a good idea. Not only is all my stuff there in the same place, it is locked up, and inside. And I never have to unload anything from the trailer at night.

stuffdeer
09-16-2006, 10:55 PM
Quick Question.

I've never Aerated before,

But is that seed your putting down? Do you charge extra for that?

KS_Grasscutter
09-16-2006, 11:05 PM
Quick Question.

Yea, thats seed. I charge 2.5 to 3 times the mowing rate for the aeration, and then charge $15 to spread seed.

stuffdeer
09-16-2006, 11:07 PM
So Technically, You didn't need your mowers on the trailer while you were just aerating, right?

Have you ever dethatched, and would you rather detatch or aerator, is there more money in one or the other, and do you pick up the plugs after your done.

KS_Grasscutter
09-17-2006, 12:36 AM
So Technically, You didn't need your mowers on the trailer while you were just aerating, right?

Have you ever dethatched, and would you rather detatch or aerator, is there more money in one or the other, and do you pick up the plugs after your done.

Well, i was doing aerating inbetween mowing that day, so i did need the mowers. I have powerraked one yard this season, and it is a lot easier then aerating, but you got to go over it at least three times with the mower to get ALL of the thatch picked up, but really two would work.

On aerating, I dont think anyone really picks up plugs around here. They erode away real quick, so it dont really matter. I think there is good money in both, as long as you charge enough.

dcgreenspro
09-17-2006, 12:52 AM
Quick Question.

is this a serious question? I am not making fun or trying to be rude but if you run a landscaping com. and don't know the answer, you are in for a rude awakening. I am assuming 15$/M for seed right KC?

nt1
09-17-2006, 01:20 AM
another, showing just how tight it is...

Good looking set up. The reflective tape is a good idea.

? .... What is the material on the roller for ?

KS_Grasscutter
09-17-2006, 01:23 AM
is this a serious question? I am not making fun or trying to be rude but if you run a landscaping com. and don't know the answer, you are in for a rude awakening. I am assuming 15$/M for seed right KC?

I put down seed right at 5lbs/thousand square feet, and i get $2 a pound for the seed.

stuffdeer
09-17-2006, 01:47 AM

Dude its my first year.

And I'm only 15.

I have to ask questions to gain knowledge, right?

Jeez..nice way to make people feel stupid and not post on here again.

B&D Lawn Care
09-17-2006, 04:00 AM
Jeez..nice way to make people feel stupid and not post on here again.

Get ready for it, there is a lot of that on here. What is supposed to be a helpful site is full of immature, self-righteous A_HOLES that evidently never had to start from the bottom, and knew it all from the womb!

TheLawnBarber
09-17-2006, 02:12 PM
Nice setup by the way Ks Grasscuter, I love the trailer. If you older guys are so mature why isn't this BS in the off topic forum.

zim bob the landscaper
09-17-2006, 09:41 PM
hey KS looks real good how is that dixon holding up? also why dont you take pics of your props. i would like to see how the dixon cuts. thanks:waving:

KS_Grasscutter
09-17-2006, 09:41 PM
Nice setup by the way Ks Grasscuter, I love the trailer. If you older guys are so mature why isn't this BS in the off topic forum.

Thanks, I appreciate the compliments. LOTS of hard work is going to pay off all my stuff.

It is amazing how handy that trailer is, you can literally hook stuff ANYWHERE on the trailer with ratchet straps and whatnot. I havent used it for leafs yet, but i am sure it will be perfecct for that too.

DBL
09-17-2006, 10:19 PM
i like what you got can you get the equipment in the garage not on the trailer and park the trailer in the garage too

KS_Grasscutter
09-17-2006, 11:28 PM
i like what you got can you get the equipment in the garage not on the trailer and park the trailer in the garage too

Probablly not, but i keep my aerator, leaf vac, edger, etc. behind the trailer there, and the regular stuff just stays on the trailer. NO wasted time loading and unloading:)

TheLawnBarber
09-17-2006, 11:33 PM
Also Ks Grasscutter how is the John Deere trimmer? Is it well built enough that you would buy another? Thanks.

KS_Grasscutter
09-17-2006, 11:38 PM
Also Ks Grasscutter how is the John Deere trimmer? Is it well built enough that you would buy another? Thanks.

Love the trimmer. It is a mid 90s model that my dad gave me. It had limited use before i got it, he used it around the house here, and the shop at the farm, and that is basically it. I have had real good luck with it. This will be its last season of fulltime use. The next one will either be a stihl or deere, not sure yet.

LONEMAN
09-21-2006, 09:19 PM
Yeah I was also wondering how the Dixon cuts...

KS_Grasscutter
09-21-2006, 10:27 PM
Yeah I was also wondering how the Dixon cuts...
Honestly, it cuts real good. If I remember, I will try and get some pics tomorrow of how it cuts.