PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for better cut above 3.25"

nfarr
09-15-2006, 09:41 PM
I have a 20/52 Fastrak. I would like to be able to cut the grass a little higher. I am currently using the Hustler gator blades. When I set the deck above 3.25" I get a pretty uneven cut, especially if the grass is a little wet.

Someone mentioned running double gators might help. I tried it yesterday and it did help in the wet grass, but I still cant get a very good cut at 3.5" and above without double cutting.

Any suggestions?

mowerconsultant
09-19-2006, 09:57 AM
I would run the Fusion blades.
I would also double check a few things, belt tension, engine RPM's and deck pitch.
How old is this unit?

nfarr
09-19-2006, 10:56 PM
I would run the Fusion blades.
I would also double check a few things, belt tension, engine RPM's and deck pitch.
How old is this unit?

It is a little over a year old with about 230 hours. If the manual gives the specs for the other items you mention. I will check it out otherwise I suppose I can take it to my dealer.

I will also get a set of fusion blades to try out.

Below 3.25 the cut is fabulous, looks like carpet.

mowerconsultant
09-20-2006, 10:57 AM
The owners manual may have it, I am not sure what part # manual you have, we changed them about a year ago.
If your manual does not have the information in it, e-mail me and I will e-mail the manual that does back to you.

Pj

moss2940
09-20-2006, 02:54 PM
I have the same mower and would say nfarr"s sounds like mine when cutting at the height he mentioned.
I would like to try different blades. I looked in the link for blades you have but am not sure what Fusion blade fits the 52/20 Fastrac? I would appreciate the correct part number for the Fusion's for the 52/20 Fastrac.

mowerconsultant
09-21-2006, 03:48 PM
The Fusion blade for the FasTrak 52" deck is part # 795526, this is the same as the Mini Z and Super Mini Z 52" decks.

Pj