PDA

View Full Version : 11HP Leaf vacuum

greenbeanservice
09-15-2006, 10:50 PM
11HP vs 16/20HP
I'm looking at a 11HP BillyGoat. Is 11HP strong enough for wet leaves. Do I need a bigger motor. I have to clean a 90 condo unit in this Fall. Any inof would be appreciated

Thanks Green Bean

smoothbore2004
09-16-2006, 12:02 AM
Hey Green Bean
The 11 hp will work but on wet leaves you will have to break them up into smaller clumps. So basically adding an extra step to the cleanup process. I had bought an 18 hp and used it for the exact same thing. We have two big appartment complexes and when it came to wet leaves that sat for awhile this thing worked great. The 11 hp only has a 8 inch pipe while the 18 hp has a 10 inch so all you had to do was stick the edge by the pile and away thay went. anyway check ebay there is all kinds of them onthere around the same price.

dfor
09-16-2006, 05:44 AM
I think the 11hp unit would be ok for dry leaves only. But you will want at least 16hp when it comes to wet leaves. And that sometimes clogs up if you are trying to load too much at once.

D & J Lawn Care
09-16-2006, 12:34 PM
Hey Green Bean
The 11 hp will work but on wet leaves you will have to break them up into smaller clumps. So basically adding an extra step to the cleanup process. I had bought an 18 hp and used it for the exact same thing. We have two big appartment complexes and when it came to wet leaves that sat for awhile this thing worked great. The 11 hp only has a 8 inch pipe while the 18 hp has a 10 inch so all you had to do was stick the edge by the pile and away thay went. anyway check ebay there is all kinds of them onthere around the same price.
what brand are you using I need to get one myself

Dunn's
09-16-2006, 05:32 PM
Hey Green Bean
Under what name did you search on e-bay for them.

clydesdale
09-16-2006, 09:39 PM
without a doubt, get the 18. I am a part timer and I bought a used 8hp billy goat leaf loader last year. It has the 8 inch tube. It works good for a little operation like myself. However, I am planning on selling after this season and see if I can get a left over 18hp after this season. The 8hp is better than tarping leaves, but it is now the weak link in my plan.

MDLawnman
09-17-2006, 11:28 AM
Check the 13hp Honda Billy Goat too. They have great torque. As an American though I believe that bigger (more HP) is better.

smoothbore2004
09-17-2006, 12:41 PM
If you guys look up billy goat leaf loader on ebay you should get at least one or two but then scroll down to similar search's, there will be some more that are titled differently. Anyway i did have an 18hp for sale on ebay that nobody bid on. I was only wanting $2000 for it and that was including the box for the truck. ANyway stick with the 18hp you wont be sorry.

Hey Dunn's lawn care i sent pictures to your boss's email and never heard back from her. I emailed her twice and she never emailed me back so if she says she didnt get them i dont know cause i did send them.

Take care guys
Good luck this fall
George Humphrey