PDA

View Full Version : Ferris opinions

jeffmazz
09-16-2006, 09:21 PM
I am in the market to add another ZTR mower (using a Scag Cub presently) and was wondering how well the Ferris machines were holding up. I'm interested in the IS2000. The independent suspension sounds great but I'm leary as to how reliable they are. My local dealer says he doesn't have any problems with them but what would you expect him to say? Your professional opinions are greately appreciated.

Thanks,
Jeff

Travis Followell
09-16-2006, 10:14 PM
We have an IS 3000 and its a good machine. It rides really good and leaves a nice cut. I'm sure you would be happy with one but I would recommend that you demo it if you can. Ours has 300 hours and we have replaced an hour meter, hydro belt idler arm spring, steering dampener, and a spindle just went out the other day.

ed2hess
09-16-2006, 10:34 PM
You already probably have the most reliable machine in the Scag, but a high tech seat on it.

rodfather
09-17-2006, 07:53 AM
I am in the market to add another ZTR mower (using a Scag Cub presently) and was wondering how well the Ferris machines were holding up. I'm interested in the IS2000. The independent suspension sounds great but I'm leary as to how reliable they are. My local dealer says he doesn't have any problems with them but what would you expect him to say? Your professional opinions are greately appreciated.

Thanks,
Jeff

Read our field test report in the September issue of Turf Magazine. We had an IS2000 for 7 weeks. If you have any specific questions or don't get all your answers there, you can shoot me a PM or email.

LDSCPR
09-21-2006, 04:18 PM
I would recommend the IS3100. Stronger spindles, liquid cooled motor, larger casters and rotating gauge wheels. It is well worth the extra $$.