captken
09-16-2006, 09:26 PM
or how I now own a Yellow 3 wheeler...

G.M.Landscaping
09-16-2006, 09:28 PM
So how did that happen?

dcondon
09-16-2006, 09:34 PM
What the heck are you talking about:confused: How strong a prolocker is I'm guessing.

jmurphy
09-16-2006, 09:55 PM
That sucks.

captken
09-16-2006, 09:58 PM
What the heck are you talking about:confused: How strong a prolocker is I'm guessing.

This [dog] don't hunt. This is the worse POS I have ever bought for my business.
It NEVER performed as advertised. [Easy In/ Easy Out]...per their website...You end up running in and out repeatedly to get the thing to lock....

I believe this caused undue stress on the metal and contributed to it's failure.

stumper1620
09-16-2006, 10:00 PM
look at this thread. thats what he is talking about.
http://new.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=153909

Jason Rose
09-16-2006, 10:38 PM
Wow man, pretty sad when you can hit THOUSANDS of bumps, curbs, and who knows what and then something that's "supposed" to make your machine ride safe breaks it! Ironic to say the least...

I still advocate 2x4's screwed to the trailer floor to seep stuff from moving around. Cheap, adjustable, and they sure wont break a caster off!

captken
09-16-2006, 10:49 PM
Wow man, pretty sad when you can hit THOUSANDS of bumps, curbs, and who knows what and then something that's "supposed" to make your machine ride safe breaks it! Ironic to say the least...

I still advocate 2x4's screwed to the trailer floor to seep stuff from moving around. Cheap, adjustable, and they sure wont break a caster off!

I couldn't have said it better Jason. My hope is that whoever is reading this does not get duped into buying this product...who, btw, are sponsors...
kenny.

Jason Rose
09-16-2006, 10:58 PM
better watch out tho... sponsors pay for this site... I wouldn't be too suprised to see this thread "dissapear" soon

DLCS
09-16-2006, 11:24 PM

Jason Rose
09-16-2006, 11:26 PM
deleted

saw u deleted, i respect that, deleted that i quoted you.

Envy Lawn Service
09-17-2006, 12:18 AM
When are you guys going to listen to me just once...

Quit screwing with these contraptions and go get a pair of GreenTouch Fastraps for each of your mowers. You'll thank me I promise. They are tried, true and battle scarred by yours truely and I still maintain they are one of the best things I have bought for this business.

Zero turn equipment is a real PITA to keep still on a trailer. These take only seconds to use, tie the mower down, and keep it absolutely still safely because you have one on each REAR tire. This is the best tiedown location and since it's holding both tires, the mower cannot bounce around nor swing around due to the castors.

Each box contains a pair of tire wedges ^--^ that screw/bolt to the trailer floor.
The big wide straps lace into those wedges so you can adjust to your tire size.
One side of the straps has a binder on it, like a chain binder, only for straps.

Set them up once for your equipment, drive in the wedges and park in your favorite spot. Lace the binder once, bind the straps over the tires and you are done. From then on, all you have to do is un-bind and get enough slack to pull the strap towards you and off the tire. It comes right off still laced through the binders. Go mow, drive back in the wedges, throw the loop over the tire, bind, GONE.

The really are GRRREAT!!!

MOW ED
09-17-2006, 08:40 AM
WOW, that picture says it all. I apologize because when I opened the thread I laughed out loud when I saw the picture. I am not laughing at you. I guess I just thought of how they display the mowers on a trailer at a 90 degree angle and imagined one of them flying off because of metal fatigue. I know someone will argue that the metal was probably fatigued prior to or along with using the shoe. What is that gonna cost you?

SodKing
09-17-2006, 08:48 AM
I agree with Envy. The straps are the easiest things I have ever used, and they are 1/4 the cost.

macaw
09-17-2006, 09:14 AM
Yes Fastraps are the only way to go I have had 2 sets for 4 years the best things I ever have got

K.Carothers
09-17-2006, 09:14 AM
I lost respect for this company back when they claimed there prolokers would save you thousands in labor cost...Anyone remember that post from prolokers?

kc

lugnut#6
09-17-2006, 09:19 AM
i use faststraps....work great for me

JTF40
09-17-2006, 09:44 AM
Are Fords more durable than Chevrolets - maybe......
Are Chevrolets more durable than Fords - maybe......

Everyone has experiences with "bad" products in their lifetime - thats life!!!

We all need to be respectful to the people/sponsors of this PRICELESS websight.

I will always purchase Kubota products - thats my opinion. But I never have slammed a person for buying Exmark, Deere, Hustler, etc. :usflag:

K.Carothers
09-17-2006, 11:05 AM
[QUOTE=jtf40]

QUOTE]

Are you saying that as soon as a company becomes a sponsor, all objectivity is gone?

I personally believe that an open dialog/debate is healthy for all.

kc

indy2tall
09-17-2006, 11:12 AM
I am sorry that captken has had such bad luck with his prolockers.

I have owned my Prolockers for one season and have had no problems at all with them. They save me a lot of time compared to any other method that I have used and they meet the DOT requirement for securing loose cargo. That being cargo needs to be secured in such a matter that it will not move when the following forces are applied, .8 G's forward, .5 G's backward, and .5 G's sideways. 2 by 4 boards on the floors will NOT meet this requirement and will result in a ticket should you be pulled over by the Motor Carrier cops.

I have never used Fastraps so I can't comment on them. They must be good since Envy has been at this for a while and likes them.

ProLockers
09-17-2006, 06:44 PM
Captken
I just saw this thread and at first I was amazed a ProLocker survived a 1'' steel caster Im impressed, But the more I read I feel sorry for your bad luck,we are company that always strives to deliver a quality product and a satisfied customer we and I will always give the customer the benafit of doubt and make it rite I'm 23 years in the commercial lawn maintance and landscape instulation with as many as 120 employes beleive me I know what it's like I hope by now!! But I have never seen a snapped caster plenty of bent ones but never snaped!! 1 inch steal!! And the more I read on the thread you and a few are bashing our company as a POS and a gimmick or gadget that does not meet DOT/FMCSA as stated by other.Well they are wrong or we could not state it.Then there are 15,000 plus ProLockers in use today from Lawn maintance to goverment agencies including DOT, And I can count the problems on less than one hand and we have resolved them. But back to the meat in your post you say you reapetatly ran it in and out to get it to lock (if you repeatetly ran your mower into a wall evetually somthing is going to give) you should have called, Looking at your pictures your front ajustment is not at the proper hieght and is mashed forward. Simple You cant get 10 Lbs of Sh!! in a 5Lbs bag somthing has to give! you should have called.
Here's the best part send me a reciept for your caster and the abused prolocker I will send you a check for the caster and a new ProLocker and will send them to a Independent engeneering firm for testing to see what cuased the faluire and post the results on LawnSites and let the guy through a pol decide who is at fault If you win ProLockers for Life for your company If we win you owe me 2 times caster and prolocker cost plus testing.

Thank You
Mark Kenny
ProLawnEquipment
P.S. Any one with a problem please call!!!

ChadsLawn
09-17-2006, 06:57 PM
Captken
I just saw this thread and at first I was amazed a ProLocker survived a 1'' steel caster Im impressed, But the more I read I feel sorry for your bad luck,we are company that always strives to deliver a quality product and a satisfied customer we and I will always give the customer the benafit of doubt and make it rite I'm 23 years in the commercial lawn maintance and landscape instulation with as many as 120 employes beleive me I know what it's like I hope by now!! But I have never seen a snapped caster plenty of bent ones but never snaped!! 1 inch steal!! And the more I read on the thread you and a few are bashing our company as a POS and a gimmick or gadget that does not meet DOT/FMCSA as stated by other.Well they are wrong or we could not state it.Then there are 15,000 plus ProLockers in use today from Lawn maintance to goverment agencies including DOT, And I can count the problems on less than one hand and we have resolved them. But back to the meat in your post you say you reapetatly ran it in and out to get it to lock (if you repeatetly ran your mower into a wall evetually somthing is going to give) you should have called, Looking at your pictures your front ajustment is not at the proper hieght and is mashed forward. Simple You cant get 10 Lbs of Sh!! in a 5Lbs bag somthing has to give! you should have called.
Here's the best part send me a reciept for your caster and the abused prolocker I will send you a check for the caster and a new ProLocker and will send them to a Independent engeneering firm for testing to see what cuased the faluire and post the results on LawnSites and let the guy through a pol decide who is at fault If you win ProLockers for Life for your company If we win you owe me 2 times caster and prolocker cost plus testing.

Thank You
Mark Kenny
ProLawnEquipment

WOW!!!! I see some companies saying all this except. It was operator error.. But you are willing to back you product 110%. I hope you 2 can resolve this and both be happy in the end.

grass_cuttin_fool
09-17-2006, 06:57 PM
[QUOTE=jtf40]

QUOTE]

Are you saying that as soon as a company becomes a sponsor, all objectivity is gone?

I personally believe that an open dialog/debate is healthy for all.

kc

Yep, you better not bad mouth a sponsor here.......oh.......unless you are in the clique......then its ok to do so

wayne

all ferris
09-17-2006, 06:58 PM
Is the prolocker a POS??? Or is the hustler a POS???

Hmmmm..... I'll have to sleep on this one.

YardPro
09-17-2006, 07:06 PM
wow, what a deal.....

i was going to comment on the possibility of impacts while mowing, and the various other possibilities that could have caused the breakage these would include driving techniques, etc.

I am also impressed that the unit is strong enough to shear a 1" diameter steel shaft.

also could have been a bad shaft, and the weakest point was revealed by the pro locker...

looking at the pictures, with the amount of paint that is worn off the front of the caster housing ( the part that the shaft coes into) looks like it has had it's fare share of impacts. this could not have attributed to the problem?

look closely at the pic of the mower. looks like there is a dent in the front most part of the caster housing.

pugs
09-17-2006, 07:13 PM
Captken
I just saw this thread and at first I was amazed a ProLocker survived a 1'' steel caster Im impressed, But the more I read I feel sorry for your bad luck,we are company that always strives to deliver a quality product and a satisfied customer we and I will always give the customer the benafit of doubt and make it rite I'm 23 years in the commercial lawn maintance and landscape instulation with as many as 120 employes beleive me I know what it's like I hope by now!! But I have never seen a snapped caster plenty of bent ones but never snaped!! 1 inch steal!!

I cant believe that. I have been fixing mowers for no where near that long and I have seen plenty of snapped ones just like that from all manufacturers. Whether it be walkbehinds, riders or whatever. None of this was from being tied or transported...mainly from use and hitting things. But I definitely have seen more than a few of them.

I have been trying to sell the prolockers to a few of my customers but they seem happy to let their machines roll around their open trailers and break the handles off and what have you :(

John Gamba
09-17-2006, 07:23 PM
[QUOTE=K.Carothers]

Yep, you better not bad mouth a sponsor here.......oh.......unless you are in the clique......then its ok to do so

wayne

This is not soooooo true, ive been baned.

MMLawn
09-17-2006, 07:31 PM
Captken

Thank You
Mark Kenny
ProLawnEquipment
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Forget the GROSS MISSPELLING.........and totally UNPROFESSIONAL Cursing in your response to YOUR CLIENT............by what is "suppose" to be a "professional" company. What an assinine response!!!!! This without a doubt has to be the worst response to any problem by any compnay I have ever seen in my 48 years!!! Esp considerating that he also posted this same thing in YOUR FORUM back in July, 2006 and you NEVER even bothered to respond to or his problem or his concerns!! Now, though because it is in the "Main Forum" you decide to respond and Respond in such a Negative, Anti-Customer way!!!!!!

You can BANK on this......I will NEVER do business with you under ANY circumstance and I will print YOUR response to a customers CLEAR problem and show it to every person I come in contact with and BLAST you company for their lack of customer service to every single person in the lawn care business I see!

Something is wrong here whether it be with the poster or your equipment but regardless of which it is your response shows just how little concern and how little you care about anything but the original sale and What a JOKE of a Custimer Service Department you have!!!

Envy Lawn Service
09-17-2006, 07:34 PM
Wait a minute... since there are no periods or commas, just one long run-on sentence, lets see how you guys read it this way, because I think you all spaced out somewhere...

Here's the best part send me a reciept for your caster and the abused prolocker

I will send you a check for the caster and a new ProLocker and will send them to a Independent engeneering firm for testing to see what cuased the faluire and post the results on LawnSites and let the guy through a pol decide who is at fault

If you win ProLockers for Life for your company If we win you owe me 2 times caster and prolocker cost plus testing.

Doesn't sound like so much of a 'deal' anymore does it?
Sounds more like a taunt to me.

Prolockers,
I understand company owners wanting to defend their product...
But it's HIGHLY unprofessional to attempt to intimidate the customers that made you what you are today.
And to me, the way you said it is pretty confrontational.

So you should get a handle on that, because it's a big world out there and sooner or later you'll say that to someone who'll be glad to deliver the items to you personally, and make you a necktie out of one and a crown out of the other.

YardPro
09-17-2006, 07:47 PM
envy,
how was his retort confrontational?????

And again from looking at the pictures, the pro locker being the sole cause of the breakage seems highly suspect.

MMLawn
09-17-2006, 07:53 PM
envy,
how was his retort confrontational?????

And again from looking at the pictures, the pro locker being the sole cause of the breakage seems highly suspect.

This just confirms my point.....the problem could well be with the condition of the original posters equipment (or not) however the fact that a) Prolockers chose NOT to response when he originally posted this in the Prolockers Forum way back in JULY of this year and b) the totally UNPROFESSIONAL way in which they just responded to his problem tell me A TON about this company.....

jameson
09-17-2006, 08:05 PM
Captken

Thank You
Mark Kenny
ProLawnEquipment

Hooked on fawniks? Shurely you kneed to get a spel chek. Maid for a very unprofesionul and paneful reed.

mark12
09-17-2006, 08:12 PM
I've been looking at something to lock down my equipment on my trailer....I'd like to say thanks to Prolockers for helping me narrow down my choices. I agree with MMLawn....his post (prolockers) showed a complete lack of class.

Maitland Man
09-17-2006, 08:36 PM
Any company that would treat my complaint in the manner that it is be treated here..........well, they wouldn't get my business, that is for sure.

Dennis

Idealtim
09-17-2006, 08:48 PM
To prolockers, that is the most unprofessional, disrespectful post I've ever seen. Just about the only thing I do like about this thread is post #28.

stumper1620
09-17-2006, 08:54 PM
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Forget the GROSS MISSPELLING.........and totally UNPROFESSIONAL Cursing in your response to YOUR CLIENT............by what is "suppose" to be a "professional" company. What an assinine response!!!!! This without a doubt has to be the worst response to any problem by any compnay I have ever seen in my 48 years!!! Esp considerating that he also posted this same thing in YOUR FORUM back in July, 2006 and you NEVER even bothered to respond to or his problem or his concerns!! Now, though because it is in the "Main Forum" you decide to respond and Respond in such a Negative, Anti-Customer way!!!!!!

You can BANK on this......I will NEVER do business with you under ANY circumstance and I will print YOUR response to a customers CLEAR problem and show it to every person I come in contact with and BLAST you company for their lack of customer service to every single person in the lawn care business I see!

Something is wrong here whether it be with the poster or your equipment but regardless of which it is your response shows just how little concern and how little you care about anything but the original sale and What a JOKE of a Custimer Service Department you have!!!
Ditto that ^^^^^^^^^^^!!!!!!!

all ferris
09-17-2006, 09:13 PM
News Flash...."Prolockers going out of business due to irate post on Lawnsite..."

Mr. Prolockers,

I do not use your product so I can't say that it is a bad product. What should have been a simple "customer service" issue has really turned on you because of your lack of customer service skills. If I were you I would start doing some serious "back pedaling". I really think an apology is in order.

Maybe next time you feel like going off on a customer try not doing it on the WORLD WIDE WEB!!!

Liquidfast
09-17-2006, 09:15 PM
Not to jump on the bandwagon here but MMLawn pretty much nailed it with his response.

I for one am totally surprised at the response given by prolockers. I can HONESTLY say that I have enquired about them for several weeks and although I cannot believe what I just read (that companies response) I will not disregard their product altogether from that one (very poorly written) response.

I think the owner of prolockers was upset (to say the least) and wrote off a statement which he believed would have been backed by a few members here (boy, what an ass) and that obviously didn't happen.

To the OP, sorry dude, I don't think for one second that prolockers caused your issue. I believe with that amount of steel, a serious force would have taken place for that substantial amount of damage to occur.

To Prolockers....get your act together. You, like us, are a business and I can honestly say you should feel fortunate to have made the comments you did to the person you did and not myself. Otherwise, your company would have one hell of a legal battle on your hands.....nuff said.

captken
09-17-2006, 09:32 PM
To the OP, sorry dude, I don't think for one second that prolockers caused your issue. I believe with that amount of steel, a serious force would have taken place for that substantial amount of damage to occur.

There were 4 others in my crew that witnessed it.

kenny.

stumper1620
09-17-2006, 09:40 PM
Captken

Thank You
Mark Kenny
ProLawnEquipment

Let me see here, I believe a proper and well thought out response would have been more like----- If not going to help , basicaly, F.Off to captken we will not address this without a test of the spindle to prove its your fault.

Or a proper response like this,
Captken sorry to hear of your problems with our product. may I ask what the model and the age are of our locker? this is an unusual situation and I would like to review why the unit failed. PM me your address and I will send you a replacement locker and if you will include the cost of your spindle I would like to send it out to be tested. Maybe this is not the safest point for our locker to fasten, and our company is concerned about safety more than anything else. Please accept my apologies for your inconvenience and let me know if you would be willing to accept this offer. I will send the replacement locker on _______ shipping company express, at that time a return address label will be enclosed, please pack your old locker and the spindle in it and return to me the next day. thank you very much for using prolockers we look forward to hearing from you soon.

EDIT - Language

Mickhippy
09-17-2006, 09:46 PM
Speechless!

I cant believe what I just read!

barnard
09-17-2006, 09:47 PM
Stop with childishness and the piling on. I don't own or use a prolocker. However there is no way it caused the caster fork to break. Sorry but you could haul a mower around all day,everyday and it wouldn't break that fork.

stumper1620
09-17-2006, 09:58 PM
Stop with childishness and the piling on. I don't own or use a prolocker. However there is no way it caused the caster fork to break. Sorry but you could haul a mower around all day,everyday and it wouldn't break that fork.
That fork broke somehow, and if I owned that company, since it is the side the locker uses and since the locker is malfuntioning, I would want both pieces to be tested for the cause, but I surely wouldn't put conditions on My paying the ride for the test, not when my company is based on safety and this could be a weak piont in the design. Just because it meets a DOT standard I would want to know it can go well beyond the standard.
say what you want, I say the dude is wrong simply because I would never attack at one of my clients like that when I don't know the full story.

MMLawn
09-17-2006, 10:00 PM

Then you clearly don't get it; At this point this thread no longer has anything at all to do with "who is at fault". As I said in my first post, it could be either one. But after Prolockers totally uncalled for and unprofessional response as he maker and seller of this product, it is about the company and how they respond to their customers.

JTF40
09-17-2006, 10:05 PM
Then you clearly don't get it; At this point this thread no longer has anything at all to do with "who is at fault". As I said in my first post, it could be either one. But after Prolockers totally uncalled for and unprofessional response as he maker and seller of this product, it is about the company and how they respond to their customers.

If someone put an ad in the Winchestertonfieldville :hammerhead: :hammerhead: newspaper totally bashing your landscape abilities, I don't think for one minute that you would handle it in YOUR professional manner. :usflag:

MMLawn
09-17-2006, 10:07 PM
If someone put an ad in the Winchestertonfieldville :hammerhead: :hammerhead: newspaper totally bashing your landscape abilities, I don't think for one minute that you would handle it in YOUR professional manner. :usflag:

I BET you I WOULD....CUSTOMER SERVICE is what sets a GREAT company apart from all the rest......and I can ASSURE you that I would have NEVER responded as Prolockers did.........:dizzy:

JTF40
09-17-2006, 10:11 PM
I BET you I WOULD....CUSTOMER SERVICE is what sets a GREAT company apart from all the rest......:dizzy:

You are right about the customer service, Mike. However, this company has been crucified on this thread without a trial. Try - just try - to go back BEFORE Prolocker's response and put yourself in Prolocker's shoes.

MMLawn
09-17-2006, 10:14 PM
You are right about the customer service, Mike. However, this company has been crucified on this thread without a trial. Try - just try - to go back BEFORE Prolocker's response and put yourself in Prolocker's shoes.

But read MY threads. I never said who was at fault or that Prolockers wasn't in the clear totally. What I did say and all I have said is that they very much so responded very wrongly in dealing with this.

The proper response was, "man, as a valued Prolockers customer I am sorry for this please contact us first thing in the morning when we are open so that we can get to the bottom of this and correct it."

DLCS
09-17-2006, 10:25 PM
I think MMLawn hit the nail on the head. Enough said!

corey4671
09-17-2006, 10:41 PM
Before ProLockers response, I was of the opinion that the prolocker actually did what it was supposed to do. It held onto what was locked in it. Is the front fork necessarily the best place to secure a Z? Not in my opinion. Personally, I wedge my Z onto the trailer at a 45 degree angle. It ain't gonna move folks! DOT legal? Probably not! YES. Prolocker should have thought a little bit about how many people actually view this site on a daily basis before he said what he did. Would I have reacted differently? Probably not since I have been known to be somewhat of a hothead! However, as odd as this sounds, I am glad to see prolocker take a stand against someone who is publicly bashing himself and his company! Ask yourself this. If that castor had run off into a hole while mowing a customers yard, would you still be just as ticked off about it? Would you expect the CUSTOMER to pay for the damages to your machine? Same difference. And if the prolocker was giving as much trouble prior to the fork breaking as was claimed, why was it not taken back to the dealer? Why continue to abuse both the locker AND your high price money making mower? Sorry dude. I'm not taking sides here. There are faults on both sides. I say both of you call it even and chalk it up as stupid tax paid and lessons learned! If a product is giving problems, take it back! When dealing with an unruly customer, don't make more problems for yourself than you already have! :)

iluvscag
09-17-2006, 10:56 PM
I don't see the big deal about spelling. I mean you think that after a hard day's work people just get on here and bring there little websters dictionary with them, "I need to know how to spell radio recombination line emission so Mike don't get mad at me" WAH WAH. I mean come on. If the owner of Brickmann came on here would you correct how he spells? I mean I've talked to Mark he is a hard worker and has had done everytihng possible on this blue planet. So I am not gonna say who's fault it is, I personally think it was a combination of the both but whatever. I just think you guys should give this thing a chance and see what happens. :)

MMLawn
09-17-2006, 10:58 PM
I don't see the big deal about spelling. I mean you think that after a hard day's work people just get on here and bring there little websters dictionary with them, "I need to know how to spell radio recombination line emission so Mike don't get mad at me" WAH WAH. I mean come on. If the owner of Brickmann came on here would you correct how he spells? I mean I've talked to Mark he is a hard worker and has had done everytihng possible on this blue planet. So I am not gonna say who's fault it is, I personally think it was a combination of the both but whatever. I just think you guys should give this thing a chance and see what happens. :)

ZOOM......head..........OVER

Envy Lawn Service
09-17-2006, 11:02 PM

That's 100% right. Period.

His locker was malfunctioning and this was never addressed. That along with having a mower swinging around by one caster fork... I'm not real surpised and I do not feel sorry for Prolockers at all.

The right thing to have done was just addressed this when it happened.
I would have sent him a new locker and agreed to pay for his fork...
But only provided he allow me to send someone to verify the shaft of the other fork was perfect.

jameson
09-17-2006, 11:06 PM

I would never send out a letter/post to thousands of existing and potential customers (that is who WE ARE) without at least giving it the ole once over. Would you?

Its all I could do to finish the reading the post - it is backwater podunk laughable. BTW - They may very well have a fine product...I may never know.

Rons Rightway Lawncare
09-17-2006, 11:23 PM
Un believeable......

1. The guy knows his prolocker isn't working right, so he just slams his rider in and out till it locks.

2. The rider looks beat to hell, paint scratched off like it has been abused hard. Makes a person wonder how much stress that caster got before the prolocker incident...

3. Guy goes on this forum in front of over 40 thousand registered members - and probably twice as many" guests " - and slams prolockers

4. Still don't know if the guy ever called or wrote Prolockers about malfunctioning prolocker prior to his caster being broke off.

5. Prolocker comes on here, reads the negative comments and then replys, talking not like a company but a normal participant of the forum.

6. Sure Prolocker could have been nicer with his offer, and more professional, but then again so could everyone else here.

I don't think it is anyones fault, either party. I think the spindle was probably already weak from the obvious abuse that mower has seen, and ramming it in and out of the prolocker to get it to lock in broke it off. The user of the product should have contacted Prolocker the momment he began having trouble with the product, not just slam it in till something broke.

the best advise given in this thread so far was on page one, use 2x4s screwed down to the floor. Works for me...

Liquidfast
09-17-2006, 11:24 PM
Spelling is not important right??? WRONG. DEAD WRONG.

Dear Cuztomer,

This wekend I bawt an new machine to mow your yard. Do to high price of gas i have to increese your mowrate from 22 bucks to 25 bucks. Sory that i have to due this but i cant aford to drive my machine without puting gas and such in it.

In fact the other day i tried to put 5lbs of sh!! on a lawn that needed to have 19lbs of sh!! and ranout of the stuff.

I mean c'mon. Spelling is definetly important. So is customer service. Again, (beating the dead horse here) I would never and I mean NEVER would have posted the crap that prolockers did. PERIOD.

If you do something right, you tell NO ONE. If you do something wrong or have been wronged, you tell EVERYONE.

This company and the president may have just nailed his own coffin shut. With that type of response, he proved that ANY company can sink to a new low.

Dear customer,

Sorry to hear of your issue/concern with our product. I have sold 15000 units you LCO POS. Go find a shoulder to cry on. You send me our locker back and I'll send you a quarter to call someone who REALLY gives a sh!!.

BTW-- Who told this so-called president of a company that replying using the word sh!! would be acceptable? I am seriously floored by this unprofessional repsonse. I am disgusted actually and saddened that it came from a sponsor.

My client owns a print shop, I am considering having a prolockers sign with a circle and line thru it. Only LCOs will who read this will know what it means but thats how truly disgusted I am with them.

crawdad
09-17-2006, 11:28 PM
I was mowing one day, in a slightly bumpy area, and as I was turning to the right, I saw something fly off into the woods, to the left. I looked over, it was my left front wheel, of my Scag WB. The yoke was broken, sorta like yours.
I have never used a ProLocker on this machine.
For about 15 or 20 bucks, I got the part, and fixed it. End of story.

We work hard, and machines will wear out, and sometimes break. Fix it, and move on.

iluvscag
09-17-2006, 11:33 PM
Spelling is not important right??? WRONG. DEAD WRONG.

Dear Cuztomer,

This wekend I bawt an new machine to mow your yard. Do to high price of gas i have to increese your mowrate from 22 bucks to 25 bucks. Sory that i have to due this but i cant aford to drive my machine without puting gas and such in it.

In fact the other day i tried to put 5lbs of sh!! on a lawn that needed to have 19lbs of sh!! and ranout of the stuff.

I mean c'mon. Spelling is definetly important. So is customer service. Again, (beating the dead horse here) I would never and I mean NEVER would have posted the crap that prolockers did. PERIOD.

If you do something right, you tell NO ONE. If you do something wrong or have been wronged, you tell EVERYONE.

This company and the president may have just nailed his own coffin shut. With that type of response, he proved that ANY company can sink to a new low.

Dear customer,

Sorry to hear of your issue/concern with our product. I have sold 15000 units you LCO POS. Go find a shoulder to cry on. You send me our locker back and I'll send you a quarter to call someone who REALLY gives a sh!!.

BTW-- Who told this so-called president of a company that replying using the word sh!! would be acceptable? I am seriously floored by this unprofessional repsonse. I am disgusted actually and saddened that it came from a sponsor.

My client owns a print shop, I am considering having a prolockers sign with a circle and line thru it. Only LCOs will who read this will know what it means but thats how truly disgusted I am with them.

1. I only ment spelling on here.

2.Who do you have to make a sign are you looking for something to ***** about? This didn't happen to you.

Josh.S
09-17-2006, 11:56 PM
I was planning on ordering prolockers within the next week, 1 for my walk behind and 1 for dixie.. but after reading there unprofessional responce, I would rather leave my mower float aimlessly on my trailer or buy fastraps..

Liquidfast
09-17-2006, 11:59 PM
1. I only ment spelling on here.

2.Who do you have to make a sign are you looking for something to ***** about? This didn't happen to you.

It DID happen to me. It happened to you and every LCO on this board. When something like this happens, it affects each and every one of us...brother.

*trucewhiteflag*

Rons Rightway Lawncare
09-18-2006, 12:06 AM

It is called jumping on the bandwagon..... something alot of people in this thread have done.

Liquidfast
09-18-2006, 06:53 AM
It is called jumping on the bandwagon..... something alot of people in this thread have done.

No offense but.....Did you read the reply from Prolockers???? If not, you should visit it. If you did and still stand behind your statement I think you should revisit the comment.

Bandwagon jumping? I find it appaulling that Prolockers would challange a customer in such a brutish way. I don't think Prolockers deserves the very notion that one would be "jumping on the bandwagon" with such blantant disregard for a customers issue. You should be so lucky should this unfortunate issue happen to your company.

bigjeeping
09-18-2006, 07:12 AM
Prolocker - send me a couple of your units free of charge and I'll test them for you.
PM for address

parkeeee
09-18-2006, 07:35 AM

I also thought the response was very unprofessional and poorly written.

It was certainly not written in such a way that leads me to want to ever try their product. IMO, and I guess that is all that counts when spending my hard earned money.

newz7151
09-18-2006, 08:32 AM
I also thought the response was very unprofessional and poorly written.

I figured they must have hired some of those Nigerian spammers to respond to customer service complaints.

LawnBrother
09-18-2006, 10:52 AM
All I have to say about the Prolockers rep's post is that this is the first time I have seen a csr use gambling as a way to resolve a customer's problem. I didn't even know I could do that! Does it work well for you? Wow, now a brave new world of customer service soloutions has been opened up for me!
As far as the actual breakage of the mower, I NEVER thought that a caster was the best place to secure a mower, that's why I never bought the prolockers. This just proves to me that I made the right choice, I guess. And the handling of the customer's issue? Come on, I was amazed at what this rep wrote. There are a lot of professionals on this forum who deal with many customer issues day in and day out, face-to-face,so it was very poor judgement to behave unprofessionally to people like this. This is not even about the caster breaking, it's about the integrity of a company and who that company chooses to be it's spokesman says a lot about it as a whole. I personally would probably never do business with a company again if that was the response I got, which is even WORSE than NO response at all. When you are servicing the service industry, you better give good service. The fact that I should even have to say that to a csr makes me want to pull my hair out.

LawnBrother
09-18-2006, 10:55 AM
I figured they must have hired some of those Nigerian spammers to respond to customer service complaints.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Rons Rightway Lawncare
09-18-2006, 11:10 AM
No offense but.....Did you read the reply from Prolockers???? If not, you should visit it. If you did and still stand behind your statement I think you should revisit the comment.

Bandwagon jumping? I find it appaulling that Prolockers would challange a customer in such a brutish way. I don't think Prolockers deserves the very notion that one would be "jumping on the bandwagon" with such blantant disregard for a customers issue. You should be so lucky should this unfortunate issue happen to your company.

Again, I read every post in this whole thread.

The guy abused his mower, he DID have a problem with his prolocker that instead of contacting them at the start of the problems for assistance, he slams his mower in and out of it till it locked in on his wheel. After who knows how long this abuse goes on, his spindle breaks off. Then he posts a picture of his wheel in the locker and there starts 2 pages of bashing of the prolocker device and company.

Prolocker finds out about the posts, mostly likely overreacted and came in here and made a post that was on the same level and par as the rest of the posts here.

The user of the item did not behave in a professional manner, nor did he try to resolve his issues the proper way. Yet when a Prolocker rep - possibly the owner - sees this slam on his product he is supposed to bend over take it up the rear and kiss butt here??? And that is what customer service is all about? Sorry but I live in the real world and in the real world right is right and wrong is wrong.

I read prolockers reply several times, he did not say anything I find to be untrue, or offensive. He replied in a way that any real person who doesn't have his head in the clouds would be able to see that he stands behind his product. in responce to the bashing of his product he addressed the matter by saying he would pay for new parts and replacement lockers, but would have the old parts tested for proof of what really caused the breakage.... This weeds out the BS complainers from people who have had true problems.

Yes If I had purchased a locker, and had a problem with it, and emailed the company directly, or called or wrote them... whatever as long as it was directly, and they responded like the rep here responded I would say that was out of line. But if I obviously abused my equipment and there was pictures to prove it, and I came on here and bashed their product for a problem that was most likely not caused by their product, how could I get upset with the mans reply? He told it like it is, without all the Butt kissing PC crap we all seem to take advantage of all to often.

If the device was truely that bad, where is all the other people with broken front spindles?

LawnBrother
09-18-2006, 11:32 AM
Customer service is about intelligently and satifactorily handling problems, not ass-kissing. Regardless of who is at fault.

Liquidfast
09-18-2006, 12:02 PM

The guy abused his mower, he DID have a problem with his prolocker that instead of contacting them at the start of the problems for assistance, he slams his mower in and out of it till it locked in on his wheel. After who knows how long this abuse goes on, his spindle breaks off. Then he posts a picture of his wheel in the locker and there starts 2 pages of bashing of the prolocker device and company.

Prolocker finds out about the posts, mostly likely overreacted and came in here and made a post that was on the same level and par as the rest of the posts here.

The user of the item did not behave in a professional manner, nor did he try to resolve his issues the proper way. Yet when a Prolocker rep - possibly the owner - sees this slam on his product he is supposed to bend over take it up the rear and kiss butt here??? And that is what customer service is all about? Sorry but I live in the real world and in the real world right is right and wrong is wrong.

I read prolockers reply several times, he did not say anything I find to be untrue, or offensive. He replied in a way that any real person who doesn't have his head in the clouds would be able to see that he stands behind his product. in responce to the bashing of his product he addressed the matter by saying he would pay for new parts and replacement lockers, but would have the old parts tested for proof of what really caused the breakage.... This weeds out the BS complainers from people who have had true problems.

Yes If I had purchased a locker, and had a problem with it, and emailed the company directly, or called or wrote them... whatever as long as it was directly, and they responded like the rep here responded I would say that was out of line. But if I obviously abused my equipment and there was pictures to prove it, and I came on here and bashed their product for a problem that was most likely not caused by their product, how could I get upset with the mans reply? He told it like it is, without all the Butt kissing PC crap we all seem to take advantage of all to often.

If the device was truely that bad, where is all the other people with broken front spindles?

Remember this...The customer NEVER has to be civil, legitimate or PC. The customer can and will say whatever he/she feels like saying at any time.

It is up to the company/businessman to act professional and thats what the point is here. I don't care if the OP came on here and personally bashed Prolockers with LIES, the rep repsonded defensively and, in my opinion, lowered themselves BENEATH that of the OP.

This is customer service, it is not OKAY to act like a real person and respond the way Prolockers did. Sorry, it was poor, poor judgement. Nevermind the fact that Prolockers hires children to type for them.

captken
09-18-2006, 01:07 PM

There two issues with me. The first one deals with the locking mechism and the second deals with the overall installation itself.

I did post to the company on 7 July 2006. They never responded to my post. My problem initially was, you had to stop and turn the castor wheel backwards for it to engage the Prolocker, opposite the direction of travel, which leaves you little time to enter the device before the wheel want to revert to their natural position, which pretty much [for me] defeats the purpose for buying the things is the first place.
The company has a neat little video showing how it should work, "ProLockers are fast" and "Drive-In, Drive-Out" see for yourself at www.prolockers.com
Which is why I purchased the setup.
One poster, said the solution to the problem of getting it too lock was rolling the machine forwards or back a bit to get it too work, this was on 14 July 2006, and was the last post, and the solution I assumed. But he also stated he had received his [Prolockers] for free.

I left a voice mail at ProLockers and the call was returned several days later. After talking to Mr. Kenny, me stopped, on the side of the road, using my tools, performed his solution for the Hustler 37" walk, configuring the installation per this picture, different from the installation instruction sheet.

However, once configured this way, it offered nothing in the way of keeping the wheel in the device in case of bumps.
I went over a dip in the road, my trailer became unhooked, tongue dropped to the ground, walkbehind pops out and is rolling loose.
No harm done, the safety chains did their job.

The same problems existed with the ZTR's Prolocker.

The advise was the same, adjust it until you can get the mower in and locked down, rolling back and forth.
It took two people to lock and unlock the thing. One guy rocking the mower back and forth [using the controls] while another worked the pin, rotating it and tugging or tapping it so that it would engage or disengage. I thought maybe the powder coating may have caused alignment problems with the locking mechanism, as I had heard before. It gradually became better, but you really have to run it in there hard to get it to lock.

nmurph
09-18-2006, 01:11 PM
when i first saw this post i thought " oh no, a hustler in the highway." i started to read and quickly came to believe that the spindle likely broke bc of use/abuse, of which the pro-locker malfunctioning might have contributed a small amount. then i began reading pro-lockers post and i thought "great they realize 1) there is a problem in which they have some cupability. after all, it is not too difficult to envision this scenario of a weakened spindle breaking and the consequences of a 1000lb mower leaving a trailer at speed on a busy highway. 2) they want to show that they have great customer service and are willing to go out of their way the assure customer satisfaction. after all, on this site one unhappy customer can reach thousands of potential customers and influence them greatly."
but as i continued to read the post, i realized that this company totally lacks class and any concern for their longterm stability.
my suggestion to pro locker is to get on his bike and start peddling........back peddling that is........you were close when you offer to replace the spindle and locker............just drop the idiotic idea of the bet.....................the next time that you have customer service issue that raises your blood pressure, write your response then don't send it. wait 24-48 hrs and see if it still sounds right..........probably not. i do this often. it saves my from knocking my teeth out everytime i get ready to stick my foot in my mouth. as someone else said, the customer has the absolute right to make a fool of themselves (as does anyone), but you as the business man must always take the high ground and maintain your professionalism, as difficult as that might be to do sometimes.
one last thing........use the spell check that is available every time you post. it's that little yellow box on the bottom right corner. it will make your post look a little more professional. the credibility that you will gain by having correct spelling might help offfset some of the absolute crassness of your post.

SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES
09-18-2006, 02:11 PM
Ok Guys And Gals, Here Is My Two Cents. One, I Agree With The Professionalism Comments Against The Prolockers Rep. If You Have Made Something Of Yourself In Your Life, Hopefully You Have Refined Your Attitude And Speach Also. As For The Whole Prolockers Debate, Here Is My Reasoning Behind Not Using Prolockers. It May Be Misguided Thinking, But It Is Enough For Me. If Dot Says That The Binding Methods Have To Handle At Least A .8g Force Stop, That Is Almost Twice The Weight Of The Mower In Force. That Means For That Front Caster To Hold Up To That Much Force, It Would Be Have To Reliably And Consistantly Be Able To Hold Two Of Your Zero Turn Mowers Upside Down By Their Casters. Kudos To Prolockers If They Can Handle That Much Weight, But I Am Not Going To Risk My Expensive Equipment On Something Like That And I Don't Think That You Will Find Too Many People That Would Say It Is A Good Thing To Tie Two Mowers Together And Hang Them From A Tree By Thier Front Caster. I Am Not Biased Either. I Have Not Been Sold On The Whole Idea Of Tieing Down My Rear Wheel With Straps Either. I Will Stick To Tieing My Unit Down By Its Frame. The Stronges Point On The Mower. I Mean, I Cringe Every Time I Hit Something With My Caster, Deck Or Rear Wheel. I Know These Machines Are Meant To Handle The Rigors, But Why Would You Openly Sign Up For This Type Of Stress. I Bet You Will Not Find A Dealer Who Will Pay For Any Damages Done To Your Drivetrain If They See You Bring Your Mower In And Tied Down This Way. But Again, You Get What You Pay For With Opinions.... Thanks For Hearing Me Rant, I Will Sit Back And Take My Licks From Everyone Else Now.

ProLockers
09-18-2006, 02:26 PM
Captken
After reading your last post I now recall our phone conversation. In July
you were driving between job sites and pulled over to talk and explain your problem you were having with your prolocker. I gave you some options, as you stated, and also said if you have any other problems please call or if you are not satisfied, return the units and I will refund your money. One month later, without any further contact with our office, you are bashing us. I wish that you would have kept in contact with us since our initial conversation in July so that we could have resolved the problem prior to it leading to this. What I am willing to do is: If you box the units up and call me I will give you a UPS acct. # to have them shipped back to us and I will refund you 50%. I think this is a fair offer to resolve this matter.
Thank you,
Mark Kenny
ProLawn Equipment Sales, LLC
(772) 229-1690
www.prolockers.com

Liquidfast
09-18-2006, 02:28 PM
Ok Guys And Gals, Here Is My Two Cents. One, I Agree With The Professionalism Comments Against The Prolockers Rep. If You Have Made Something Of Yourself In Your Life, Hopefully You Have Refined Your Attitude And Speach Also. As For The Whole Prolockers Debate, Here Is My Reasoning Behind Not Using Prolockers. It May Be Misguided Thinking, But It Is Enough For Me. If Dot Says That The Binding Methods Have To Handle At Least A .8g Force Stop, That Is Almost Twice The Weight Of The Mower In Force. That Means For That Front Caster To Hold Up To That Much Force, It Would Be Have To Reliably And Consistantly Be Able To Hold Two Of Your Zero Turn Mowers Upside Down By Their Casters. Kudos To Prolockers If They Can Handle That Much Weight, But I Am Not Going To Risk My Expensive Equipment On Something Like That And I Don't Think That You Will Find Too Many People That Would Say It Is A Good Thing To Tie Two Mowers Together And Hang Them From A Tree By Thier Front Caster. I Am Not Biased Either. I Have Not Been Sold On The Whole Idea Of Tieing Down My Rear Wheel With Straps Either. I Will Stick To Tieing My Unit Down By Its Frame. The Stronges Point On The Mower. I Mean, I Cringe Every Time I Hit Something With My Caster, Deck Or Rear Wheel. I Know These Machines Are Meant To Handle The Rigors, But Why Would You Openly Sign Up For This Type Of Stress. I Bet You Will Not Find A Dealer Who Will Pay For Any Damages Done To Your Drivetrain If They See You Bring Your Mower In And Tied Down This Way. But Again, You Get What You Pay For With Opinions.... Thanks For Hearing Me Rant, I Will Sit Back And Take My Licks From Everyone Else Now.

The ONLY licking you will get from me is to turn off that awful capitalization of every word..........:laugh: Other than that, I thought you offered very valid points and are pretty much well spoken. I wouldnt appoint you valedictorian but you got your point across clearly. *trucewhiteflag*

stumper1620
09-18-2006, 02:35 PM
The ONLY licking you will get from me is to turn off that awful capitalization of every word..........:laugh: Other than that, I thought you offered very valid points and are pretty much well spoken. I wouldnt appoint you valedictorian but you got your point across clearly. *trucewhiteflag*
Ditto's ^^^^^^^

stumper1620
09-18-2006, 02:46 PM
Looks like an improper design to me, look at the spindle bolt hitting the locker.
I think it should be cutout at the area I circled so the wheel can go in and out completely unobstructed.

SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES
09-18-2006, 03:13 PM
Sorry about the caps thing guys. One of the computer programs that I use requires your to be in all caps and I tend to bounce back and forth from time to time and don't think about changing. Don't worry, my wife gives me the same greif every time i send her an email.

SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES
09-18-2006, 03:15 PM
oh, by the way, there must be something different about your settings than mine. when I went to go back and look at my post. Everything is normal like I didn't even have the caps on. Maybe there is something I have in my set up that changes that. oh well, sorry again.

SodKing
09-18-2006, 03:33 PM
So what do you think of Prolockers offer Captken?

indy2tall
09-18-2006, 05:48 PM
While I am a satisfied owner of two Prolockers and while I believe the Prolocker had little to do with the steel castor rod breaking I am amazed at the way this whole thing has been handled. Prolockers, you were unprofessional and vulgar in your first attempt at resolution. At that point you should have realized your mistake and offered an apology and a complete refund. To offer no apology and a 50% refund is not good enough in my opinion and I am one of the guys on here who likes your product. How many potential sales will this cost you? You are really missing the boat on this.

captken
09-18-2006, 06:11 PM
So what do you think of Prolockers offer Captken?

"nuts"

Liquidfast
09-18-2006, 06:14 PM
Even though this is a public forum, this will be my last post on this subject.

I have written a letter to Prolockers in advance of my purchase.

Dear PL,

I would like to take this opportunity to inform you that I read a response you issued publicly on lawnsite.com. I am in the market to keep my equipment on my trailer and have decided (against better judgment) that for all intensive purposes, your product "fit the bill."

My main concern in choosing your product isn't one of customer safety, but rather customer service. I will order if, and only if, I have an issue with your product I can be guaranteed that I will be met with the respect a prospective customer is entitled to. I mow lawns for a living Mr. Prolocker and therefore paying to have your unit tested should the need arise would certainly take food out of my 319lb wifes mouth. I will use the lockers in the manner described in your instruction booklet and am quite sure these units will work according to specs.

Lastly, I have a 5lb bag of sh!! at home and I was able to put 9lbs of the stuff into it without any issues what-so-ever.

I honestly feel your company has been persecuted enough for your response and once this issue has been handled satisfactorily (on word of captken) I will order a set of your lockers. Should you fail to provide captken with the above mentioned resolution, you will be placed on my ignore button for a period of not less than 15 years.

This message will self destruct in 45 seconds.

Thank you,

Sucha B. Esser ESQ.

stumper1620
09-18-2006, 06:14 PM

"nuts"
I've seen that Quote before, wasn't that at malmandy?

crawdad
09-18-2006, 06:29 PM
You have now told us about your trailer coming loose. Why didn't you mention that before? This means that the prolocker, and the machine, are under a lot of stress when you drive.
The prolocker didn't break, the mower broke. Why are you blaming the part that didn't break?
By the way, how much did the new yoke cost?
When mine broke, it cost me less than a belt...

ProLockers
09-18-2006, 08:14 PM
Captken, indy2tall, and Liquidfast,

Capken, I am going to make this right for everyone that has been involved in this post. I put my pants on the same way you do, and amazingly we have much in common. I was a sword boat captain and was a crew boat captain in the oil fields, in the Gulf of Mexico ,in late 70's in the boom. I apoligize if I seemed agressive in my response, but I think we would both agree, Captains need to take control of their ship. I think my offer is fair , being that the Prolocokers you are returning have been used for a month,and damaged beyond repair. If you had a problem in the first week you should of returned them for a full refund. Awe screw it , just send them back, I'll replace them and pay for postage. I will even come to Tennesse to install them to make sure you are completely satisfied. Customer satifacation is one of my utmost concerns, and I will come to Tennessee to shake your hand and to make sure your Prolockers funtion properly and would be more than happy to cut grass with you and your crew for the day. I do stand behind my product and if anyone is dissatified with the product please call me directly 772-229-1690 is my office number.

Thank You
Mark Kenny

P.S.
indy2tall I hope this satifies you and your requirements and request.
Liquidfast, I do stand behind my products 1000% and I look forward to your order and yes I totally agree.

Thanks Again
Mark Kenny

ProLockers
09-18-2006, 08:15 PM

Capken, I am going to make this right for everyone that has been involved in this post. I put my pants on the same way you do, and amazingly we have much in common. I was a sword boat captain and was a crew boat captain in the oil fields, in the Gulf of Mexico ,in late 70's in the boom. I apoligize if I seemed agressive in my response, but I think we would both agree, Captains need to take control of their ship. I think my offer is fair , being that the Prolocokers you are returning have been used for a month,and damaged beyond repair. If you had a problem in the first week you should of returned them for a full refund. Awe screw it , just send them back, I'll replace them and pay for postage. I will even come to Tennesse to install them to make sure you are completely satisfied. Customer satifacation is one of my utmost concerns, and I will come to Tennessee to shake your hand and to make sure your Prolockers funtion properly and would be more than happy to cut grass with you and your crew for the day. I do stand behind my product and if anyone is dissatified with the product please call me directly 772-229-1690 is my office number.

Thank You
Mark Kenny

P.S.
Liquidfast, I do stand behind my products 1000% and I look forward to your order and yes I totally agree.

Thanks Again
Mark Kenny

SodKing
09-18-2006, 09:34 PM
OK There it is we can put this issue to bed...

The offer is more than fair and anyone should be happy to have a set of prolockers on their equipment list.

iluvscag
09-18-2006, 09:35 PM
Thats what I'm talkin about. Can't get no better than that and please mark respond to my PM.:)

Liquidfast
09-18-2006, 10:17 PM

Thank You
Mark Kenny

P.S.

Thanks Again
Mark Kenny

:clapping:

JTF40
09-18-2006, 10:33 PM
Mark @ ProLockers,
When you get to Tennessee, call me and I will bring my set-up to you and whoever else wants to see it and show everyone how this outstanding product is supposed to work. I had a Tennessee Dept. of Transportation Officer check it out the other day and he was clearly impressed at the quality of the Prolocker. :weightlifter: :usflag:

Lawnworks
09-18-2006, 10:46 PM
I think the pins need to be larger. I have 3 prolockers and all of the pins are bent.

MDLawnman
09-19-2006, 10:06 PM
I've seen that Quote before, wasn't that at malmandy?

Nope 101st Airborne at Bastogne. Brig. Gen. Anthony C. McAuliffe surrounded by the Nazi's. Brave bunch of Americans!

This has been a long and informative post.

stumper1620
09-20-2006, 05:57 PM
Nope 101st Airborne at Bastogne. Brig. Gen. Anthony C. McAuliffe surrounded by the Nazi's. Brave bunch of Americans!

This has been a long and informative post.
Right area of the world, wrong city. my bad.

captken
09-20-2006, 07:32 PM
If Mr. Kenny is sincere in his offer, my dealer, who sold me the ProLockers, owns S&H Small engines, wants to offer him the use of his shop and services as too provide him the opportunity to come to Memphis and show us the correct way the ProLocker should be mounted and or MODIFIED to fit various applications.
I will asssist you in booking accommodations [here] if you desire.

captken
09-20-2006, 09:29 PM
bump........

JTF40
09-20-2006, 10:35 PM
I talked to Mark Kenny on the phone yesterday and discussed this ENTIRE thread. I am confident if YOU contact him he WILL come to the Memphis area and take care of your "problem". He is willing to do whatever it takes (within reason) to continue to grow his ProLocker business. :usflag:

CrewCutEnterprises
10-06-2006, 08:05 PM

I hope you can work out your differences as I own 2 pro lockers and they must be adjusted correctly to work properly.

Capt Ken, you did not specify how you broke it? Did you stop fast, pull in too quick? Pull out to quick, I would like to know how it happend.

I have 2 toro walkbehinds with prolockers and the guy from prolockers stands behind his product. Do you think hustler would send you a new part, free and offer to come fix it for you. I dont think so.

K.Carothers
10-06-2006, 08:38 PM
I hope you can work out your differences as I own 2 pro lockers and they must be adjusted correctly to work properly.

Capt Ken, you did not specify how you broke it? Did you stop fast, pull in too quick? Pull out to quick, I would like to know how it happend.

I have 2 toro walkbehinds with prolockers and the guy from prolockers stands behind his product. Do you think hustler would send you a new part, free and offer to come fix it for you. I dont think so.

I thought we put this thread to rest ;)

We all came to our own conclusion about pro lockers. I for one, will never purchase anything that they make nor will I promote the company.

Their true colors showed through.

kc

YardPro
10-06-2006, 08:40 PM
i still say from looking at the picture of the front castoe assembly it looks like that machine has hit a lot of stuff, and i cannot believe that the prolocker is what cuased the shaft to fail...

if that is the case you must drive like a madman.....

i think that the usage of the mower cuased the shaft to break, it just happened to come apart while in the unit.

stumper1620
10-06-2006, 08:55 PM
i still say from looking at the picture of the front castoe assembly it looks like that machine has hit a lot of stuff, and i cannot believe that the prolocker is what cuased the shaft to fail...

if that is the case you must drive like a madman.....

i think that the usage of the mower cuased the shaft to break, it just happened to come apart while in the unit.
I don't disagree with you yard pro but, He was having problems from day one, he even called from on the road, Mr prolockers didn't even offer to replace the locker until the whole thread came down on him. who really cares how the caster broke, If it were me I wouldn't have a problem over the caster replacement knowing its lifes use. but, the locker won't lock properly and that is pro lockers problem to deal with. not be a smartazz about.
besides that, if the caster can break, then that is not a very safe lockdown. IMO
Now lets let this thread die.

WildWest
10-06-2006, 09:07 PM
I don't disagree with you yard pro but, He was having problems from day one, he even called from on the road, Mr prolockers didn't even offer to replace the locker until the whole thread came down on him. who really cares how the caster broke, If it were me I wouldn't have a problem over the caster replacement knowing its lifes use. but, the locker won't lock properly and that is pro lockers problem to deal with. not be a smartazz about.
besides that, if the caster can break, then that is not a very safe lockdown. IMO
Now lets let this thread die.
DIE THREAD... DIEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!;)

stumper1620
10-06-2006, 09:10 PM
DIE THREAD... DIEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!;) :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead:
:walking: :walking: :walking: :walking: :walking: :walking: :walking: :walking: :walking: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy:

K.Carothers
10-06-2006, 09:12 PM
BUMP

kc

WildWest
10-06-2006, 09:30 PM
LOL:drinkup:

CrewCutEnterprises
10-07-2006, 11:07 AM
I thought we put this thread to rest ;)

We all came to our own conclusion about pro lockers. I for one, will never purchase anything that they make nor will I promote the company.

Their true colors showed through.

kc

Sorry, I dident know the thread was dead.... But If this is a continuing problem, im sure people would like to know. Also have you ever owned a pro locker or did you just make a biased opinion. Prolockers is happy to stand behind their product. Just ask them

Some people hate exmark, but I cant knock them as ive never owed one.

DuallyVette
10-08-2006, 01:03 AM
I didn't read all 11 pages of this thread, but I didn't see my position addressed: When I 1st saw a ProLocker, I thought that it could handle a spreader, but never a ztr. I love my old Great Dane origional surfers, but the front casters do take a beating. In 8 years that I have owned them, I have broken 3 or 4 front caster forks. Not from a single impact, but they just break after the right amount of stress has added up. I would never think that I would secure one by their caster. I don't think that I would secure a car or anything heavy, by one wheel.

Liquidfast
10-08-2006, 01:26 AM
I know I know, let the thread die.

Did prolockers pull out of the sponsorship program here???? I dont see their link anywhere...and I am surely looking for it.

After reading this thread I have decided to put the seatbelt around my wrist when I am in the truck instead of my torso.

Envy Lawn Service
10-08-2006, 04:18 AM
I didn't read all 11 pages of this thread, but I didn't see my position addressed: When I 1st saw a ProLocker, I thought that it could handle a spreader, but never a ztr. I love my old Great Dane origional surfers, but the front casters do take a beating. In 8 years that I have owned them, I have broken 3 or 4 front caster forks. Not from a single impact, but they just break after the right amount of stress has added up. I would never think that I would secure one by their caster. I don't think that I would secure a car or anything heavy, by one wheel.

I've brushed across that very issue several times in relation to the prolockers.

Moral of the story:
Buy a pair of GreenTouch Fastraps and bind your mowers down by the rear tires.
(as pictured in my avatar)

DLCS
10-08-2006, 08:21 AM
After reading this thread I have decided to put the seatbelt around my wrist when I am in the truck instead of my torso.

ROFLMAO, Good one.

Lynden-Jeff
10-09-2006, 10:42 AM
When are you guys going to listen to me just once...

Quit screwing with these contraptions and go get a pair of GreenTouch Fastraps for each of your mowers. You'll thank me I promise. They are tried, true and battle scarred by yours truely and I still maintain they are one of the best things I have bought for this business.

Zero turn equipment is a real PITA to keep still on a trailer. These take only seconds to use, tie the mower down, and keep it absolutely still safely because you have one on each REAR tire. This is the best tiedown location and since it's holding both tires, the mower cannot bounce around nor swing around due to the castors.

Each box contains a pair of tire wedges ^--^ that screw/bolt to the trailer floor.
The big wide straps lace into those wedges so you can adjust to your tire size.
One side of the straps has a binder on it, like a chain binder, only for straps.

Set them up once for your equipment, drive in the wedges and park in your favorite spot. Lace the binder once, bind the straps over the tires and you are done. From then on, all you have to do is un-bind and get enough slack to pull the strap towards you and off the tire. It comes right off still laced through the binders. Go mow, drive back in the wedges, throw the loop over the tire, bind, GONE.

The really are GRRREAT!!!

I know this was posted many posts ago but the smartest one in the entire thread. Fastraps ROCK.

Cheers
Jeff

RedMax Man
10-09-2006, 11:14 AM
I have Green Touch Fast Straps on my trailer too. They work awesome and cost a fraction of the price of Prolockers. they also don't take nearly as much space as the Prolockers do so i can put other things than just mowers on the trailer without removing them.

specialtylc
10-09-2006, 08:12 PM
Bottom line is, CAPTKEN has been bragging for 2 years on this site about how tough his Hustler is by using it like a brush hog. Stress and metal fatuige can be caused by previous use and then just suddenly show it self . As it did in his case with the pro lockers.

Frontier-Lawn
10-09-2006, 08:50 PM
ok can we just close this thread? :confused:

crawdad
10-09-2006, 09:33 PM
ok can we just close this thread? :confused:
Nope. The prolocker didn't break, the mower broke.
I slammed into a curb, full speed, the other day, and bent the yoke on my walk-behind. Did I blame the curb-maker? NO. It was my fault, for hitting the curb at full speed. I replaced it within the hour, and kept working.

captken
11-04-2006, 10:12 PM
Bottom line is, CAPTKEN has been bragging for 2 years on this site about how tough his Hustler is by using it like a brush hog. Stress and metal fatuige can be caused by previous use and then just suddenly show it self . As it did in his case with the pro lockers.

I have been very busy this season and have not had the time to respond and to visit Lawnsite as much as I would have liked...

I agree all the way with this guys statement. However, using the prolocker places ALL transport stresses on one castor. Bad thing. Something is bound to give. "you can't get 10lbs sh.! in a 5lb bag" was the manufactures response.

how professional. Pictures of another ztr in this contraption will follow....looks Ghetto after 20 hours in the "shoe"
This POS will be off my trailer when I buy my new Exmark.

John Gamba
11-04-2006, 10:37 PM
I have been very busy this season and have not had the time to respond and to visit Lawnsite as much as I would have liked...

I agree all the way with this guys statement. However, using the prolocker places ALL transport stresses on one castor. Bad thing. Something is bound to give. "you can't get 10lbs sh.! in a 5lb bag" was the manufactures response.

how professional. Pictures of another ztr in this contraption will follow....looks Ghetto after 20 hours in the "shoe"
This POS will be off my trailer when I buy my new Exmark.

Ken-- why the exmark??

John

captken
11-04-2006, 11:10 PM
Ken-- why the exmark??

John
My dealer is 2 miles away, and has become a friend. I send all my service and make all new purchases thru him, redmax, ect. bought a Husqvarna mower from him and was pleased. This dealer takes care of me. He wanted to be [and tried to become] a Hustler dealer, but got the cold shoulder, instead, Hustler gave the dealership to a guy in the next town over, who owns a [EQUIPMENT RENTAL]???who now sells Hustler mowers..[as a side line?]..doesn't make sense to me.

Before this, after my Hustler dealer [Midsouth Sweeper], closed, the nearest dealer to me was in a BODY SHOP in West Memphis Arkansas!
So I'll buy my Exmark [well established company with a dealer network] from a friend 2 miles away...who sells mowers and does not perform body work or rent Ditch Witches...
cheers! kenny

Envy Lawn Service
11-04-2006, 11:30 PM
My dealer is 2 miles away, and has become a friend. I send all my service and make all new purchases thru him, redmax, ect. bought a Husqvarna mower from him and was pleased. This dealer takes care of me. He wanted to be [and tried to become] a Hustler dealer, but got the cold shoulder, instead, Hustler gave the dealership to a guy in the next town over, who owns a [EQUIPMENT RENTAL]???who now sells Hustler mowers..[as a side line?]..doesn't make sense to me.

Before this, after my Hustler dealer [Midsouth Sweeper], closed, the nearest dealer to me was in a BODY SHOP in West Memphis Arkansas!
So I'll buy my Exmark [well established company with a dealer network] from a friend 2 miles away...who sells mowers and does not perform body work or rent Ditch Witches...
cheers! kenny

I had the same question... but that answer is TOTALLY understandable.

captken
11-04-2006, 11:44 PM
Is 7300 a good price for a 06' Hp 56" 23 kaw?

Envy Lawn Service
11-05-2006, 12:10 AM
Is 7300 a good price for a 06' Hp 56" 23 kaw?

Yeah, that's a good bit less than what the old 23/52 HP was.

impactlandscaping
11-05-2006, 12:59 AM
Kenny, Hope you get everything worked out, and good luck with the eXmarks next season.:waving:

Prolockers: You only get one chance at a first impression, and I think you blew yours here in this thread. Regardless of the outcome of this situation, regardless of your sincere level of dedication to your products, people will long remember that first reply here on Lawnsite.

John Gamba
11-05-2006, 06:47 AM

cheers! kenny

Cool:waving: Welcome to the family:) We do fight sometimes but when the grass needs to get cut it gets cut :weightlifter:

MDLawnman
11-05-2006, 01:19 PM
Captken -

Did Pro-Lockers show up and fix it? Was this ever resolved?

captken
11-06-2006, 06:24 PM
Captken -

No........

John Gamba
11-15-2006, 06:44 AM

KEN!!!!!!

Look at the new ---- LAZER LOCKS-----

John:waving:

GotGreen
11-15-2006, 11:43 AM
I have never seen a Pro-Locker other than pictures but I never tough that it was a good idea, I am considering to get the Fastrap from Green Touch Industries next year before the season starts, takes a little longer but strapping both drive wheels seems safer than a single and smaller caster.

captbob
12-08-2006, 09:18 PM
Exmarks lazer locker is not availble till late March 07 I am in Florida Tampa bay area know of any retailers.
Tanks Capt Bob

Frontier-Lawn
12-09-2006, 01:33 PM
Exmarks lazer locker is not availble till late March 07 I am in Florida Tampa bay area know of any retailers.
Tanks Capt Bob

LESCO :waving:

Prestige-Lawncare
12-09-2006, 02:40 PM
Let's turn this into a "comparison pole" ...

Hustler or eXmark? ... which one is best?

:hammerhead:

FCLCinMaine
12-09-2006, 04:27 PM
I have two prolockers and love them. i went almost full throttle in reverse with my 54hp and it didnt move. just smokes the tires. i never thought of the caster breaking....

CrewCutEnterprises
12-11-2006, 09:24 AM
Captken -

Why would they? It wasnt their product that failed...... If the locker broke they would fix it. not the mower.

Prestige-Lawncare
12-11-2006, 09:29 AM
Why would they? It wasnt their product that failed...... If the locker broke they would fix it. not the mower.

Because they said they would in an earlier post on this thread.

CrewCutEnterprises
12-11-2006, 09:32 AM
Because they said they would in an earlier post on this thread.
I missed that, sorry, I read the whole post when it first came out. Must have misssed it. I own prolockers and he has stood behind it with me.

My mistake

captken
12-11-2006, 07:02 PM
The Pro Locker is in the back of my truck...lol...ha...ha....

It will not work with the Hustler wheel weights when I put the bagger on for Fall cleanups.

It wore the paint off the deck on a new demo mower that I was using while mine was being repaird.

The Pro Locker experience is one that I want to put behind me. Live and Learn.

It is a waste of money in my honest opinion.

It does not work for my operation, may work for some, however:

Once bitten, twice shy. It still is a Royal POS, in my honest opinion.

I have pissed dollar bills before. :cry:

And thats all there is to it.

John Gamba
12-11-2006, 07:28 PM
The Pro Locker is in the back of my truck...lol...ha...ha....

It will not work with the Hustler wheel weights when I put the bagger on for Fall cleanups.

It wore the paint off the deck on a new demo mower that I was using while mine was being repaird.

The Pro Locker experience is one that I want to put behind me. Live and Learn.

It is a waste of money in my honest opinion.

It does not work for my operation, may work for some, however:

Once bitten, twice shy. It still is a Royal POS, in my honest opinion.

I have pissed dollar bills before. :cry:

And thats all there is to it.

Merry christmas Ken:waving: Hope your new year is better:)

captken
12-11-2006, 08:14 PM
Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas to you John! Heres to you, hoping your new year will be better than this one. Many happy returns!:waving:

John Gamba
12-12-2006, 06:08 AM
Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas to you John! Heres to you, hoping your new year will be better than this one. Many happy returns!:waving:

Thanks Bud:weightlifter:

Gumby
12-12-2006, 06:32 AM
I've used a prolocker this past season and have been happy with it. Keeps D.O.T. off my back and saves a minute or two at each stop by doing away with the need for straps.
I talked to Mark Kenny on the phone right after I purchased mine and thought that he and his staff were very professional and helpful. I wouldn't hesitate to purchase another. Everyone here has their opinion, and I respect that, I just wanted to give a little credit where credit is due.

alwaysgreenirrigation
12-15-2006, 06:11 PM
This is one of the longest threads I have ever read!! I use fast straps and they work great. They are cheap and strong, and quick. I cannot believe more dont use them. I think the prolockers look great also, and I am quite sure they work fine. I would bet this all stems from a week castor stem from rough/normal use. I have had friends castors break like that with regular use. Seems like someone needed to think before "ranting".

DLCS
12-15-2006, 06:31 PM
I have had friends castors break like that with regular use. Seems like someone needed to think before "ranting".

So it would be ok with you if the caster shaft broke in a hard impact? If you have seen your friends casters brake during regular use, then why would it be a good idea to secure your ztr by one caster? In a hard impact you will see far greater force put on that caster than normal use will ever do. :rolleyes:

captken
12-15-2006, 06:47 PM
Seems like someone needed to think before "ranting".

A lot of "thinking" went into my decision to buy the thing. It looks like a good deal.
The thing never worked right from the git go. I exercised my right to free speech. This is a public forum. The product never performed as implied for my application. Buyer beware.

This thing is NOT "plug and play"

As to the condition of the paint on the castors, as one poster pointed out, the castors are where the WEIGHT KIT rides for the Hustler bagger.

I put the kit on in the Fall for cleanups, and off for the mowing season, paint gets scratched, this is before Huster started powder coating and there were problems with their paint back then.

kenny.

Envy Lawn Service
12-15-2006, 06:53 PM
Chalk another one up there for the Fastraps.

Great product.

alwaysgreenirrigation
12-15-2006, 08:54 PM
just read my original post in full please.....I dont even use pro lockers.....i just find it hard to believe that the prolockers are the primary cause of the caster falling off.

John Gamba
12-16-2006, 08:12 AM
So it would be ok with you if the caster shaft broke in a hard impact? If you have seen your friends casters brake during regular use, then why would it be a good idea to secure your ztr by one caster? In a hard impact you will see far greater force put on that caster than normal use will ever do. :rolleyes:

Merry Christmas Mike:waving:

TLS
11-13-2007, 01:07 PM
Never saw this post....

Is there a problem here. http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=206396

John Gamba
11-13-2007, 01:25 PM
Never saw this post....

Talk to ken tom.

JTF40
11-13-2007, 01:28 PM
Never saw this post....

No problem here at all. What you have to do is when pulling the machine onto the trailer, just before the wheel/fork enters the Prolocker, STOP, work your levers so the wheel/fork enters the Prolocker BACKWARDS. This works like a charm for my Kubota.

I really like my Prolocker - ALOT !!!!!

TLS
11-13-2007, 01:29 PM
This may be unacceptable for me. How does that save time?

JTF40
11-13-2007, 01:35 PM
This may be unacceptable for me. How does that save time?

It takes me, maybe, 10 seconds to load my machine. Once the wheel enters the Prolocker, it is locked - DONE. It use to take me at least 5-10 minutes to CORRECTLY secure with straps. :usflag:

TLS
11-13-2007, 01:41 PM
Maybe I had it too good with the single strap and tire surrounding 2x4's. It will take me just as long to reach and pull the prolocker pin as it did to pull strap up and ratchet down.

Now your saying I have to wiggle to enter it backwards? I have the room to wiggle, my buddy has a 66" and only has a few inches to do this. He's gonna be livin' when he hears this.

Envy Lawn Service
11-13-2007, 07:07 PM
Never saw this post....

I don't know when you guys are going to start listening to me here...

Quit fooling with this and get a set of Fastraps.
http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_6970_200052674_200052674
$40 for a PAIR.... no problems, instant tie-down and they will also actually keep your mower still.

Accept no substitutes... just because the prolocker costs a fortune doesn't make it good.

DeereHauler
11-13-2007, 08:34 PM

$40 for a PAIR.... no problems, instant tie-down and they will also actually keep your mower still.

Accept no substitutes... just because the prolocker costs a fortune doesn't make it good.

best tie downs i ever purchased, and i saved big bucks over the pro lockers. i do like the pro locker design, not their price. i use 4 fastraps on 2 mowers, they also work on my atv, garden tractors, and walk behind equipment like my billygoat vac. very versitle. i wouldn't suggest anything but them.

JTF40
11-13-2007, 08:50 PM

http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_6970_200052674_200052674

The Prolocker works fine for me, Envy. With over 10K posts, I will respect your opinion - But I would NEVER slam your investment in MTD (Bolens) products. Would I own a Cub Cadet? I use to. When they were made by International Harvester - when you were in grade school.

Go easy in slamming other peoples investments. :usflag:

captbob
11-13-2007, 09:05 PM
I drive my 52 EX in the locker then take a M/C strap on the left little hole that EX mark drilled for some unknown reason at the base of the ROP I have E tracks mounted to the floor throughout the trailer deck I put the lower hook on that track hook it comes straight down alongside the left rear tire . It takes about an extra 6 seconds to do this and it keeps the rear end of the mower from walking to the side when I hit speedbumps and potholes ect. So on review my mower is totally locked down and it's super quick I used to have Faststraps I took the straps out but left the little chocks that the straps threaded thru seems to finish it off well. I have been running this rig for about 8 months and it works great.
Da Capt

TLS
11-13-2007, 10:07 PM

Envy, I was never having a problem securing my ZTR. I was simply looking for a quicker, possibly safer way of doing it. Fastraps would be far slower, and only slightly safer.

My Prolocker cost me just twice that of the Fastrap. I don't consider it a fortune.

TLS
11-13-2007, 10:14 PM
I'm not upset with the design and theory of Prolockers.

I AM upset with the fact that they won't fit all models of ZTR's front casters properly.

NMS0219
11-13-2007, 10:24 PM
I love my pro lockers, I have tried every contraption out their and they work the best PLUS the keep the DOT guys off my back. I dont know why some people think they take so long to get into. You just drive into it and turn the handle it takes what 30 secs tops??

DUSTYCEDAR
11-13-2007, 11:04 PM
i like the concept of the pro locker.
i dont have one but it looks like it gets the job done.

Envy Lawn Service
11-13-2007, 11:36 PM
Envy, I was never having a problem securing my ZTR. I was simply looking for a quicker, possibly safer way of doing it. Fastraps would be far slower, and only slightly safer.

My Prolocker cost me just twice that of the Fastrap. I don't consider it a fortune.

No... see, that's where you are wrong... see, yall won't listen.

You can have the fastraps locked down in the time you waste lining up to get your caster in the prolocker.

They don't take all day like rachet straps or whatever.

Can you put digital video up here?
I think that would help so folks can "see" and also understand how to use them properly/efficently.

I can understand though... I thought the same. The reason I decided to try them was because I immediately didn't see the point of the prolocker at all. I saw right off that it wasn't going to keep my mowers still (what's the point?) and that it would be a lot of stress on a single point.

daveintoledo
11-13-2007, 11:42 PM
best purchase ive made in a while.. pro lockers.... well

i really dont like the thought of all my security in one spot..

TLS
11-13-2007, 11:45 PM
You have to lay the Fastraps over each tire, right? Then an over center type ratchet latch tightens them, right?

How is that easier than pulling into a Prolocker?

It's definitely slower than what I'm currently using....Three 5' long 2x4's....One in front of caster, and in front of and behind the rear tire. Mower falls into this cradle. 1.5" ratchet strap across footplate area. Click and go. All done as I get off mower and hop off trailer.

My thought was with the Prolocker....Keep all boards in place and install prolocker on curb side caster. Now no need for ratchet strap.

S.A.L.
11-14-2007, 12:22 AM
It's a shame when a company is forced to take the wrap because of obvious USER ERROR.
To the OP, quit running into stuff. Plain and simple. Treat your equipment better.
To the rest of you 'Nancies' hitching a ride on the big pink bandwagon, grow some balls, please!
To Pro-Locker, don't let ignorant customers get your goat. It pulls you down to their level.

Envy Lawn Service
11-14-2007, 01:00 AM
You have to lay the Fastraps over each tire, right? Then an over center type ratchet latch tightens them, right?

It's definitely slower than what I'm currently using....Three 5' long 2x4's....One in front of caster, and in front of and behind the rear tire. Mower falls into this cradle. 1.5" ratchet strap across footplate area. Click and go. All done as I get off mower and hop off trailer.

My thought was with the Prolocker....Keep all boards in place and install prolocker on curb side caster. Now no need for ratchet strap.

Well, here is the thing with the fastraps...

They provide you with the wheel chocks....
They require no precise aiming like the prolocker's tight fit... just drive it.

Then the strap... once you install them and get them set to fit the tire of your mower they are all set.

See, that's where you are missing it. No rachet strap. They have a "binder" type latch on them that works with the same principle of a chain binder.

So once you lace the binder, that's it... you leave the fastrap in a loop.
Flip the binder to release and slide the looped strap off the tire.
Slide the looped strap over the tire and flip the binder to lock down.

Falling off a log quick and simple... flip and you're done.

VanceTrendov
11-14-2007, 05:18 PM
This [dog] don't hunt. This is the worse POS I have ever bought for my business.
It NEVER performed as advertised. [Easy In/ Easy Out]...per their website...You end up running in and out repeatedly to get the thing to lock....

I believe this caused undue stress on the metal and contributed to it's failure.

Interesting.....I didn't know metal just failed (sarcastic)....I thought for some reason it fatigued over time, then broke.

My opinion you didn't have a good break on your mower and now your pissed.

I am the owner of 6 Pro lockers. Never had a problem! Pro lockers have saved me tons of time, and my employees love them!

John Gamba
11-14-2007, 05:26 PM
Interesting.....I didn't know metal just failed (sarcastic)....I thought for some reason it fatigued over time, then broke.

I am the owner of 6 Pro lockers. Never had a problem! Pro lockers have saved me tons of time, and my employees love them!

What mowers do you use.

TLS
11-14-2007, 05:29 PM

Do they fit all your equipment as advertised?

delphied
11-14-2007, 05:55 PM
I love my Pro lockers

DeereHauler
11-14-2007, 09:03 PM

like envy said no ratchet. each strap is rated for 800 lbs so you don't have to have 2 on each mower. i use 1 for short trips, and both for longer trips. a prolocker may save 2 seconds in unloading time, but for the cost of equipping my whole trailer, i wouldn't have even paid for one prolocker.

like i said.... versatility. i use my trailer for more than my mowers. if you have atvs, they are perfect. today i put my jd 2210 with loader on my trailer. the front tires fell into place and i used the straps on those. sure beats ratchet straps, or chains and binders.

i think prolockers are very nice. i just want to speak my opinion, and help save some $$ for some of you.

captken
11-14-2007, 10:00 PM

Well, my opinion was that metal fatigue did occur.

I will not be sarcastic to you as you obviously have not read the whole thread.

I believe the stress put on the weak link, the yoke, is not a good idea safety wise, and contributed to failure.

Your opinion that I didn't have a good break?? What does that mean?

If you meant to say I didn't have a good brake, Then you are wrong.

Most of the problem in trailering/securing the Hustler Z using the Pro-Locker has to do with machining a product for one brand mower and then trying to get it to fit other brands.
The holes in the frame don't line up with the lock.
It took two guys to lock and unlock the Pro-Locker. You had to move the machine forward and reverse to lock and unlock the thing.

That is why I was POed.

I had to drill out and enlarge the holes so the pins would engage and disengage without too much trouble.

I am sure if you are running Exmark equipment, then you will have less problems, fitting wise since Exmark seems to have been the brand they were prototyped to fit.

I have Exmark equipment now and I do not use Pro-Lockers, thank you.

kenny.

TLS
11-15-2007, 09:12 AM
like envy said no ratchet.
I know this. That's why I called it an over center type. Like a binder. In any event, a properly fitting Prolocker is a LOT faster than Fastraps could ever be.

but for the cost of equipping my whole trailer, i wouldn't have even paid for one prolocker.
$99 shipped to my door. Yeah, the Fastraps may be slightly cheaper, but it's not like were talking hundreds of dollars here.

like i said.... versatility. i use my trailer for more than my mowers. if you have atvs, they are perfect. today i put my jd 2210 with loader on my trailer. the front tires fell into place and i used the straps on those. sure beats ratchet straps, or chains and binders.
I use my trailer for mowers. It's a purpose built trailer set up for ergonomics and speed of use by me working solo.

i think prolockers are very nice. i just want to speak my opinion, and help save some $$ for some of you.
Are some of you thinking these Prolockers are several hundred dollars or something? Reminds me of the people complaining about the price of a Trimmer-Trap....It saves SO much time over the other brands, I'd pay double for it. It's an investment.

Richard Martin
11-15-2007, 03:04 PM
Well, here is the thing with the fastraps...

Do you remember this...

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=68152

I just bought 4 of them. $109 for all of them shipped.

Envy Lawn Service
11-15-2007, 11:20 PM
Do you remember this...

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=68152

I just bought 4 of them. $109 for all of them shipped.

Good for you!... You'll love them once you get them the way you want them.

I hadn't thought about that old thread in a while.
Looking at it, that means my oldest set is going on 4 years old now, never seen indoors and still going strong.

Oh, and mounting by the provided screws is fine too. I have those screwed into thick wood decking, and I have had an incident with them and know for a fact they will hold. They are as good as what they are screwed to, so...

phil5
01-08-2012, 11:58 AM
It shows you just how strong the Prolockers really is.....

See my post, Prolockers for sale.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?p=4266122#post4266122

ProLockers Trailer Wheel Lock Down System Lawnmowers ATV’S Landscapers look!

Check me out on Ebay, user pcb1303 Ebay item# 230378274152 I have been selling Prolockers for years and 100% feedback!!! I am a paid sponsor of this site and I may terminate my sponsorship at any given time, so make sure you write down my contact information as I will be selling the original left over stock of Prolockers for years to come.

Here is the story, I bought up ALL of the “Original Prolockers made from 2002 to 2007” with extra parts (yes, the pins) a few years back shortly after ProEquipment (Prolockers.com) the founder went bankrupt. These units are VERY popular as I have sold hundreds of them in a short time and hundreds more on hand so keep my phone number I will be around for a long time! I have sold these on Lawnsite for about a year, but now I am back in full force and I want to personally thank all of you who have purchased the Prolockers from me in the past with hopes of many more new customers, tell all of you friends. Please post reply’s to my add here and tell everyone of your experience with the purchase of a Prolocker from me, GOODJ or BadL!

New in the box left over original stock, never used or opened.

LOWEST PRICE YOU WILL EVER FIND!!

ProLockers Features:
∑ Heavy Duty steel construction
∑ Powder-coated finish
∑ All hardware and instructions included
∑ Installs in 20 minutes or less
∑ Only one ProLockers needed per piece of equipment up to 1,500 lbs.
∑ Secures equipment and prevents damage
∑ Mounts to left or right side of equipment
∑ Comes complete with mounting brackets and hardware.
∑ Optional Padlock For Theft Prevention
∑ Easy 1 Pin Removal From Trailer Deck
∑ Eliminate Chains, Straps, and Tie-Downs
∑ The most important one of all, Exceeds DOT Requirements 393.100 and 393.102 (try finding this on the new reproduction ones made from overseas)!!!

Below are the models and their capacity. Please use the tire size for your application as listed below to help you determine the unit that will best match your needs.

MODEL #PE-WL 325
12 1/2" to 16" Tire Height
7 1/8" Tire Width
Fits most zero turn mowers, lawn/garden tractors, and
some snow blowers, stump grinders, and golf carts
List Price: $169.95
Our Price: $60.00 each OR 2 for $100.00 (spring special).

MODEL #PE-WL 425
20” to 26” Tire Height
11 1/8” Tire Width
Fits most ATVs, Utility Vehicles, and some large golf carts
List Price: $249.95
Our Price: $125.00

I also have many extra sets of pins; they are sold in a set of 2 (one fixed and one operational) for the cost $17.95 with free shipping.

SHIPPING USA only, flat rate of $15.00 for each Prolocker.

PAYMENT, PayPal, Bank Check or Postal Money order ONLY.

I have several hundred of the ORIGINAL STOCK ProLockers, “MADE IN THE USA” and not the ones made overseas that you would pay $129.99 for. I will ship FedEx ground all insured from FedEx for $100.00 per box (no PO boxes PLEASE), I also ship truck freight and I offer high volume discount buying. Contact me for more information. SCAMERS NEED NOT TO APPLY, WE ALL KNOW WHO YOU ARE!!!

Phil 715-551-2215 (cell)
Wausau, WI 54401

Frontier-Lawn
01-08-2012, 12:59 PM
i have a question last month i bought a cleance prolocker from mowers inc since he was trying to get rid of the last 2 he had. it did not have the adjustibale track with it, how can i get a track kit for it so i can remove it from the trailer for yard waste jobs.

phil5
01-08-2012, 01:52 PM
Unfortinaly you got one those spin off Prolockers made from accross the pond and I can see why they wanted to get rid of them. The Prolocker mounting kit that I have do not fit these units.

Good luck!

Phil

Frontier-Lawn
01-08-2012, 02:35 PM
Unfortinaly you got one those spin off Prolockers made from accross the pond and I can see why they wanted to get rid of them. The Prolocker mounting kit that I have do not fit these units.

Good luck!

Phil

i dont think so?

LR3
01-09-2012, 07:49 PM
I use them and have never had a problem. I would think that the caster cracked elsewhere and the pro locker, doing its job, kept the wheel secure while the body of the mower kept going. I'm pretty sure thousands have been sold, are there any others out there that this has happened to?
Posted via Mobile Device

LR3
01-09-2012, 07:56 PM
i have a question last month i bought a cleance prolocker from mowers inc since he was trying to get rid of the last 2 he had. it did not have the adjustibale track with it, how can i get a track kit for it so i can remove it from the trailer for yard waste jobs.

Hey Phil, it's Marcus. I think he's talking about the brackets that bolt to the boards.
Posted via Mobile Device

Frontier-Lawn
01-09-2012, 08:25 PM
Hey Phil, it's Marcus. I think he's talking about the brackets that bolt to the boards.
Posted via Mobile Device

yup thats what i am missing

http://www.lawnsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=236778&stc=1&d=1325975584

LR3
01-09-2012, 08:31 PM
Phil is a good guy, if you ask him I'm sure he could help you out. If not, message me and I'll see if I have any extras.
Posted via Mobile Device

Frontier-Lawn
01-09-2012, 08:47 PM
Phil is a good guy, if you ask him I'm sure he could help you out. If not, message me and I'll see if I have any extras.
Posted via Mobile Device

phil5
01-09-2012, 09:40 PM
Oh, you are looking for the mounting brackets!!!! No problem, I have them too, they are $19.95 and $5.00 to ship.

MatthewG
06-12-2013, 07:47 PM
Does anyone know who to contact in customer service? I received and installed my prolocker today for my 2011 60" Turf Tracer and I am not impressed at all with the fit, it will not lock the wheel no matter how I configure the pro locker, and before I get all crazy I would like to speak to someone.

Thank you,
Matt

orangemower
06-13-2013, 08:14 AM
I'd consider using these before a Prolocker. Good luck finding anyone to call. They are not in business anymore. You more less bought a paper weight.

www.fastrap.com

Marshmallow
06-13-2013, 08:29 AM
Pro lockers suck. Do not buy them, the customer service is worse than the product but the product is worse than getting dog crap in your hair...

TLS
06-13-2013, 08:38 AM
Mine has been fine and trouble free for I'm guessing 5 years now?

It didn't fit my Hustler fork all that well, but fits my Lazer like a glove.

I just saw them on a website recently. Someone took them over.
Posted via Mobile Device