PDA

View Full Version : 1600 sq Patio

scraper69
09-17-2006, 11:44 AM
Large job, was thinking of removing the concrete and excav, one side at a time, to avoid messing up the base with Oct. weather. 55x28 is a bit much to lay in one day without the proper labor (crew). Any suggestions or comments
Its basically a replacement of Identical size and shape. Remove concrete and install pavers.

landscapingpoolguy
09-17-2006, 10:18 PM
Take out everything and start from new. Base material costs about 10 cents a square ft. Why comprimise the work? for about 200 dollars in material and a half days labor?

Large job, was thinking of removing the concrete and excav, one side at a time, to avoid messing up the base with Oct. weather. 55x28 is a bit much to lay in one day without the proper labor (crew). Any suggestions or comments
Its basically a replacement of Identical size and shape. Remove concrete and install pavers.

mrusk
09-17-2006, 10:40 PM
^^^ There is nothing bad about going over existing concrete as long as it is in good shape!! I did a job with 2800 sq ft of ep henry tennessyson blue stone. 1800 sq ft was over concrete. The concrete was 12 years old and in perfect shape. Looked nothing like the junk you see poured today.

landscapingpoolguy
09-17-2006, 10:44 PM
^^^ There is nothing bad about going over existing concrete as long as it is in good shape!! I did a job with 2800 sq ft of ep henry tennessyson blue stone. 1800 sq ft was over concrete. The concrete was 12 years old and in perfect shape. Looked nothing like the junk you see poured today.
The main problem with goin over concrete is if the slab heaves. then so do your pavers.

scraper69
09-18-2006, 06:36 AM
I am removing all the concrete, just asked about laying one half at a time. If its all opened, and not all layed, then we get rain.. Tarped or not, the base will sacrafice. This job has to be perfect!

wurkn with amish
09-20-2006, 01:56 PM
I would do it all at once also. just make sure all the base is done in one day, so the soil wont get affected as much. The stone will dry fast if their isnt too much rain. The sand is a bigger pain in the hindend if it gets wet imo.

mbella
09-20-2006, 08:33 PM

Excavate and base in at the same time. When the time comes to lay pavers, only screed what you will lay that day.