PDA

View Full Version : Diesel Truck Owners...let's have fun!

POPO4995
09-17-2006, 07:59 PM
Ok, just got done last night putting on a new exhaust system. How about everybody puttin pictures of their diesel trucks up here! Love lookin at other guys trucks and getting ideas for mine....:rolleyes: Here are a few pics of mine....new exhaust tip and winter set-up

Dirty Water
09-17-2006, 08:16 PM
Did you put a new turboback exhaust on it, or did you just stick a tip on it?

My buddy has 4" from the turbo back on his cummins, no cat, no muffler (WA has no emissions). When he is pulling up a grade, it sounds like an approaching dump truck, even from half a mile away.

BSDeality
09-17-2006, 08:18 PM
what kind of exhaust did you go with? I would like to put one on my 05. I have MBRP in mind.

http://www.lawnsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=62818&d=1156197607

Mike33
09-17-2006, 10:02 PM
Did you put a new turboback exhaust on it, or did you just stick a tip on it?

My buddy has 4" from the turbo back on his cummins, no cat, no muffler (WA has no emissions). When he is pulling up a grade, iet sounds like an approaching dump truck, even from half a mile away.
I have a body like that too. As for me i graduated from that sage 20 years ago. Now i prefer quiet as possible.
Mike

Dirty Water
09-17-2006, 10:05 PM
I have a body like that too. As for me i graduated from that sage 20 years ago. Now i prefer quiet as possible.
Mike

Hehe, My truck is quite.

His is not a business truck. I think it is important for business trucks to be stock sounding.

POPO4995
09-17-2006, 11:35 PM
I put the MBRP Turbo-Back exhaust, no cat, 4" stainless, 6" tip. Love the sound. It's not much louder than the stock system except if you hammer it. Just a slight rumble, but you definetaly hear the turbo! Thats the best sound! But beware for anyone who considers this on a Ford....the stock system is a PITA to get off! New system took 30 minutes to install....

BSDeality
09-17-2006, 11:42 PM
I put the MBRP Turbo-Back exhaust, no cat, 4" stainless, 6" tip. Love the sound. It's not much louder than the stock system except if you hammer it. Just a slight rumble, but you definetaly hear the turbo! Thats the best sound! But beware for anyone who considers this on a Ford....the stock system is a PITA to get off! New system took 30 minutes to install....
which SS grade did you go with? and who did you buy from?

POPO4995
09-18-2006, 07:37 PM
www.xtremediesel.com

J&R Landscaping
09-18-2006, 11:04 PM
I would love to find an older 7.3 IDI (non powerstroke) diesel and twin turbo it with dual 6" straight pipes from the turbo back. After the pipes clear, I would finish it into a 8-10" pipe and run dual stacks through the side of the bed!

POPO4995
09-19-2006, 11:00 AM
I would love to find an older 7.3 IDI (non powerstroke) diesel and twin turbo it with dual 6" straight pipes from the turbo back. After the pipes clear, I would finish it into a 8-10" pipe and run dual stacks through the side of the bed!
That would be cool! Depending on how next year goes, I might wait and get a 6.4L when they come out. But I really love the entire Chevy Duramax package though...