PDA

View Full Version : Marketing Water Gardens

CSRA Landscaping
06-05-2001, 06:41 PM
I'm ready to install water gardens as a part of the services I offer but here's my problem: how do I market them? Who do I target, how do I convey the message to them, what should be contained in the message, etc.? Let's hear from some of you pros that know how things work, I could use the help. Any input is appreciated.

CSRA Landscaping
07-08-2001, 09:58 PM
Gee, you guys are full of info.:rolleyes:

TheMom
07-09-2001, 09:58 AM
How about this: Talk to one of your existing accounts and see if they'll go for an install. Then you could send other people to see the completed pond as a visual aid. Folks always go more for what they can actually see and touch.

People in upscale neighborhoods, or nicer hotels, would probably be more open to a water garden... go for disposable income.

Emphasize the calming beauty and added value aspects, I should think.

Other than that, you could get a bumper sticker made that says, "Ask me about my water garden!"

Just kidding. ;-)

CSRA Landscaping
07-09-2001, 10:01 AM
:rolleyes:

Stonehenge
07-09-2001, 07:08 PM
Go to the aquascapes site. And order their video - they go all out to help you sell watergardens, because after all, it helps them, too.

TheMom has a good idea, too, in talking to existing customers to get them to to try a pond - I cut the first one a huge price break to give it a whirl, we had done a big patio there and I knew they wanted to do someting with water - I just called and said "How'd you like a water feature for cheap?"

We'll be doing another 3 this year, with the expectation of continued growth in coming years. We just offer it as another of our services.

CSRA Landscaping
07-09-2001, 08:31 PM
Stonehenge, I know she had a good idea, I just like to raz her from time to time ... or continually. I've been doing it for 23 years, now! :D

I've begun to offer it as one of my services, I think I just need a broader client base, since I'm finishing my first year! Glad to hear that it's going well for you!