PDA

View Full Version : Blade or Snowblower?

Professor
09-18-2006, 08:49 AM
Hi, I just purchased an almost new 20/52 Hustler Fastrack, and I am thinking about a blade or snowblower for doing my own paved laneway. Its about 200 feet long, with the wind sometimes causing 1 or 2+ foot drifts.

Looks like the blade just bolts to the front, and I am concerned it will just lift the machine if it gets into too much snow. The blower looks slow and heavy, (3x price) but I like how it is supported at the middle of the machine. Local dealer can not tell be much, said he has only sold one blade. They have suggested wheel chains.

Can anyone give me some feedback if they have used either of these products in similar conditions. Thanks in advance.........

mowerconsultant
09-19-2006, 09:43 AM
The snow blower is not slow or too heavy, it is a great attachment, I used one last season here in Upstate NY and I will tell you there is not a drift I couldn't go through.
The blade will work great to, and at less cost.
There are a few people on here that have them, I am sure they will post.

Pj

nfarr
09-19-2006, 10:01 PM
I have a 2052 Fastrak and also have the snow blade. It did well on pushing fairly wet heavy snow up to 6" in height. I used the chains on the tires and it did really well. I used it to clean my driveway, several neighbors and a few clients.

Professor
09-21-2006, 10:41 AM
Thanks for the replies. Anyone have a close up picture of the mounting of the blower or blade. Dealer does not have anything in stock to show me. Thanks!!!

nfarr
09-22-2006, 08:10 PM
Thanks for the replies. Anyone have a close up picture of the mounting of the blower or blade. Dealer does not have anything in stock to show me. Thanks!!!

I can take a few if you wish, but it is not currently mounted on the mower. I removed it for the season and have it stored.

mowerconsultant
09-24-2006, 12:24 PM

All I have is studio pics, sorry.
I will see what I can get from the guys at the factory.

Pj