PDA

View Full Version : Idler pully on SMZ 52"

Nelson Lawns
09-18-2006, 09:32 PM
Iím sending these pictures to my dealer as well. The belt jumps down onto the edge of the idler pulley and wears the belt and the plastic on the deck when I cut at 3 in. or higher. My dealer has already replaced the plastic and pulley once, now is starting again. Iíve tried adjusting the belt tension more and less but nothing seems to help.

Anyone else have this problem?

mowerconsultant
09-19-2006, 10:45 AM
Mike,
E-mail me your dealer information and your's and I will have our service guys talk to your dealer.

Pj

Nelson Lawns
09-21-2006, 08:45 PM
My dealer is:

Dudley's Outdoors
2479 West Point Rd
LaGrange, GA 30240
Ph: 706-885-0999
Fax: 706-883-8187
info@dudleysoutdoors.com

http://dudleysoutdoors.lookupparts.com/home.asp

Gautreaux's LNG
09-22-2006, 09:52 AM
Teflon slides don't look real straight. Kind looked warped. This could be allowing the pulley to move slightly. Or your pulley is not sitting level on the deck which would force the belt to slide down as it ran.

Hard to say by the pics but just a couple opinions....

Nelson Lawns
09-22-2006, 11:00 PM
old slides looked the same, my dealer replaced them with new no questions asked. these looked like this after being installed new.

syncom2
09-25-2006, 10:54 AM
I have the very same issue going on with my '03 Super Mini Z. Around the first of July or so of this season I've been mowing at the 4" height. Since the first part of August I started notice the smell of rubber burning. I never put two and two together and considered that my mowing height was/is part of the reason that my belt has been running down on the very bottom of that idler pulley. Yesterday, while cutting about five inches of grass off, the belt finally gave up. My Teflon slides look good to me. I called my dealer this morning about whether or not he had a belt in stock for it. Being I'm at work I didn't have my deck's model number so he couldn't help me. So I'm guessing I need to drop my mowing height down a half inch or so to help prevent this from tearing up my new belt, eh?

Nelson Lawns
09-27-2006, 09:27 PM
My dealer is great. After the first time he re-leveled the deck per PJ's advice, it wasn't off from the factory. He gave me an extra belt just in case it happened again.

As for the solution, when i smell burning, i,just lift the belt back onto the pulley. I'm really stumped as to why this is happening. In the picture you can see the wear marks on the pulley, even when i'm cutting on 2-2 1/2" it still rides on the lower part of the pulley.

mowerconsultant
09-28-2006, 09:54 AM
I have the very same issue going on with my '03 Super Mini Z. Around the first of July or so of this season I've been mowing at the 4" height. Since the first part of August I started notice the smell of rubber burning. I never put two and two together and considered that my mowing height was/is part of the reason that my belt has been running down on the very bottom of that idler pulley. Yesterday, while cutting about five inches of grass off, the belt finally gave up. My Teflon slides look good to me. I called my dealer this morning about whether or not he had a belt in stock for it. Being I'm at work I didn't have my deck's model number so he couldn't help me. So I'm guessing I need to drop my mowing height down a half inch or so to help prevent this from tearing up my new belt, eh?

e-mail me your information along with your model and serial # and dealer information please.

Pj

mowerconsultant
09-28-2006, 09:55 AM
My dealer is great. After the first time he re-leveled the deck per PJ's advice, it wasn't off from the factory. He gave me an extra belt just in case it happened again.

As for the solution, when i smell burning, i,just lift the belt back onto the pulley. I'm really stumped as to why this is happening. In the picture you can see the wear marks on the pulley, even when i'm cutting on 2-2 1/2" it still rides on the lower part of the pulley.

I talked to your dealer Tuesday about this and he was talking to or service manager also.
He is on his way back from Kansas, give him a call please.

Pj