PDA

View Full Version : question about mulching set up...

bigal
09-19-2006, 09:06 AM
i have a minz 44 that has the hustler mulching kit on it with gators. this past weekend everything around here was wet and heavy. so i had a lot of build up under the deck. i had just cleaned it the night before and sprayed mo deck on it. my question is, has anyone ever run gators without the mulching kit? did it work as well, especially with leaves. and will it cut down on the buildup since i would think the grass would have more room to move around. thanks for any input.

mowerconsultant
09-19-2006, 11:48 AM
Gator's with the right conditions (dry) work great.
If you are using Gators and it is wet and you are catching or mulching, you are going to get build up under the deck.
Have you run the wavy mulching blades?

Pj

tn mac
09-19-2006, 09:59 PM
I run the gators all the time with no mulch kit they work great for me, I use the hustler wavey blades when mulching, the hustler wavey blades look almost like the exmark mulching blades.

bigal
09-20-2006, 10:44 PM
havent heard of wavy mulching blades. is there a link to show me what they look like?

mowerconsultant
09-21-2006, 04:01 PM
havent heard of wavy mulching blades. is there a link to show me what they look like?

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y248/mowerconsultant/work/bladeref3.jpg

mike28nc
09-23-2006, 05:24 AM
I have FT 44" w/mulch kit. I have tried the mulch blades. I didnt like them at all. So far the Gator's are working best for me. Also gators are easyer to sharpen with out the crazy bend like the wavy mulch blades.

I havent used the gator's with out the mulch kit installed.

Mike