PDA

View Full Version : Ztr

zim bob the landscaper
09-19-2006, 07:35 PM
which mower should i get for 2007?

KS_Grasscutter
09-19-2006, 11:01 PM
How many lawns, what conditions, gates or no gates? Mulch or bag? Perfect lawns, or not so great? And most importantly, what price range? Cause that walker would be about $9000 new, i would guess...

J&R Landscaping
09-19-2006, 11:09 PM
What about hustler or toro. The turbo force deck is definitly something to consider IMO!

Rons Rightway Lawncare
09-19-2006, 11:41 PM
Why would you pay so much more to sit down and ride a mower with only a 48 inch deck? I wouldn't even consider buying a rider with a deck smaller than 52 inches and that is even a bit too small.

If all you want is a 48, then get a nice hydro walkbehind and a velkie or a Wright Stander....

zim bob the landscaper
09-20-2006, 09:55 AM
How many lawns, what conditions, gates or no gates? Mulch or bag? Perfect lawns, or not so great? And most importantly, what price range? Cause that walker would be about $9000 new, i would guess...
well next year i might have 2 commercials and 30 accounts. some have gates some dont but i dont mind using a 21" mower in gates. some are perfect lawns some arnt. i know a walker is $9000+ but it would be ideal for my lawns since all of them have oceans of leaves.

zim bob the landscaper
09-20-2006, 10:00 AM
Why would you pay so much more to sit down and ride a mower with only a 48 inch deck? I wouldn't even consider buying a rider with a deck smaller than 52 inches and that is even a bit too small.

If all you want is a 48, then get a nice hydro walkbehind and a velkie or a Wright Stander....
well i dont wants a 60 or 72" deck i would like somthing smaller i would not need it because i would like to get in some tight spots with it since my w/b is 52". im also getting a ztr because my dad. he can walk but hes sore from his knee problems and because he had open heart sergery this year and it takes a long time for it to completly heal. and since he drives truck its gonna take even longer. for one he pulls himslef in the truck. has to shift all day. crank the canvis. steer the steerinf wheel since its twice the size of a pickups and also have to steer alot more since it doesnt take one time around to steer.

zim bob the landscaper
09-20-2006, 10:00 AM
What about hustler or toro. The turbo force deck is definitly something to consider IMO!
yes i am considering them just couldent fit it in.

Buckeye Lawncare
09-21-2006, 01:40 AM
I would go with Exmark. I got a 52'' WB and a 60'' ZTR. The rider has 750 hours (Kohler engine) on it and not had any problems with it still starts right up. I would stay away from Kawi engines they are quiet but they are expensive to repair and they don't last as long. I am speaking from experience, the guy I worked for last year always had problems with his kawi engines. I've seen Exmark ZTR with Kohler engines go for 2500-4000 hours before anything major needs repaired.

PLEASE NOTE: This is MY opinion and my opinion only, therefore I don't want to argue with anybody about which mowers and engines are the best and which are not.

WildWest
09-21-2006, 02:39 AM
I have a Lazer HP, I love it! 48" deck 21 hp Kawisaki

As for a walker I've got a 36" j.d., it's nice to get in a gated back yard and step on the sulkey and go! Expecially if you run into some big back yards...walking behind a 21 or 22" would suck!

zim bob the landscaper
09-23-2006, 06:04 PM
I have a Lazer HP, I love it! 48" deck 21 hp Kawisaki

As for a walker I've got a 36" j.d., it's nice to get in a gated back yard and step on the sulkey and go! Expecially if you run into some big back yards...walking behind a 21 or 22" would suck!

if you dont mind me askin how much did the lazer Z HP 48" 21hp kawi cost you?
thanks