PDA

View Full Version : another new toy

grassmanvt
09-19-2006, 09:05 PM
Thought I'd share a picture or two of one of my newest toys for all you equipment junkies.

grassmanvt
09-19-2006, 09:05 PM
how about another

jazak
09-19-2006, 10:26 PM
So you buy, use and then resell? Nice, what year & hours?

rob1325
09-19-2006, 10:31 PM
Grassman,

What brand are those tires on the machine? I need new tires for my skid and was looking at those but do not know manufacturer.

Thanks
rob

grassmanvt
09-19-2006, 10:39 PM
So you buy, use and then resell? Nice, what year & hours?

Its a 2003. hours unknown, digital meter not working but rig goes good. And yes, thats why I try to do, buy, use, resell as not needed,etc. Keeps things interesting. I just recently sold one of the d-3's and the thomas screener, really hated to see that go.

grassmanvt
09-19-2006, 10:39 PM
Grassman,

What brand are those tires on the machine? I need new tires for my skid and was looking at those but do not know manufacturer.

Thanks
rob

I think they are titan's but I'll try to check tommorrow.

Scag48
09-19-2006, 10:47 PM
Those tires look like Bulky Hulks by Galaxy, if I am correct. We're definately getting those tires for our 216 when the need arises, I hear they have tons more traction than a standard R4 aggressive tread.

ksss
09-19-2006, 11:59 PM
Looks like someone needed some backing lessons. If it is any help or simply trivia it takes me about 1,2-1,500 hours to wear the paint off of the handles (XT series) on a machine we are in and out of a lot. Judging by the scraped up rear uprights and the extreme duty tires and the new bucket which did not come with the machine I would guess it has been worked hard in some type of recycling type application.

Gravel Rat
09-20-2006, 01:45 AM
Ya those tires are meant for smooth riding on pavement with the flat tread pattern.

The bucket on the machine looks like a chip bucket for moving topsoil or sawdust. Could have been used to scoop up scrap metal.

MikeAtv
09-20-2006, 08:30 AM
I Am thinking about getting Cat 287 highflow with a Fecon bullhog. Does anybody have expereance with one of these or a setup like them? If you could give me any feed back it would be helpful. Thanks

grassmanvt
09-20-2006, 08:55 AM
Looks like someone needed some backing lessons. If it is any help or simply trivia it takes me about 1,2-1,500 hours to wear the paint off of the handles (XT series) on a machine we are in and out of a lot. Judging by the scraped up rear uprights and the extreme duty tires and the new bucket which did not come with the machine I would guess it has been worked hard in some type of recycling type application.

Your right about a couple things. I'm sure is has a few hours on it, no doubt. The bucket is not new though, just repainted. The machine was actualy off of a farm which explains the light material bucket ( sawdust,silage, etc.)