PDA

View Full Version : xr-7 set up issues

Accu-cut Lawn Care
09-20-2006, 12:41 AM
On Bermuda and Zoysia grass, my 60" xr-7 does a great job discharging and mulching. But, with fall just a few days away, my fescue and rye accounts are starting to take off... and thus far, the cut quality has been horrific. I felt like some kind of hack when i left my last service appointment today. Picture this: beautifully striped two acre lawn on the Tennessee river, perfectly edged beds and driveways, every nook and cranny trimmed, every blade of grass cleaned off the sidewalk; but, MORE GRASS WAS LAID DOWN THAN CUT! What is up with the cut quality on these xr-7's? I responded to a blade question post last week about how we needed more or less lift with our discharge blades to better disperse clippings. Cutting today with the a 10 mph crosswind proved this to be true... When the bulk of clippings go into the third and the first stripe away from the mower, it handled the clippings much better- no rows of clumps. But, the smoothness of the cut at 3 to 3.75 is unacceptable. It looks like I'm mowing my fescue(cool season) accounts with goats. I sure hope the fix kit will help solve some of my cut issues. Also, I live almost 80 miles from my dealer and am much too busy to take off from work to get something that might or might not help to fix my machine. PJ. is there any way that I could have the fix kit shipped directly to me rather than having to visit(or deal) with my dealer? Thank you, Ryan

mowerconsultant
09-20-2006, 11:00 AM
The air lift kit will take care of your problem.
I don't have all the information on the kit yet and we are just getting stock on them built now.
I should know more soon.

Pj

Accu-cut Lawn Care
09-20-2006, 09:31 PM
Does the air lift kit differ from the "fix kit"? If so, do I need both? Thanx

puppypaws
09-21-2006, 11:10 AM
The air lift kit will take care of your problem.
I don't have all the information on the kit yet and we are just getting stock on them built now.
I should know more soon.

PjIs this the kit that is causing the grass to pack underneath the deck a lot worse. I like the free flowing deck because it stays cleaner and the southern grasses aren't as hard to deal with, can there be a combination of both or does this seem impossible.

mowerconsultant
09-21-2006, 04:06 PM
Does the air lift kit differ from the "fix kit"? If so, do I need both? Thanx

I am not aware of a "fix" kit.
There is a air lift kit that will be available soon.
There is also triangle baffles that bolt into the rear of the deck.
I will have a complete informative post soon that details the kits and part #'s
We are taking care of anyone that has a cut quality issue.

Pj

Shady Brook
09-22-2006, 09:31 AM
Accu-cut

Some of us have the air lift kit and find that the cut quality has still not met our expectations on cool season grasses and find the deck to pack up much easier then it did before perhaps being the cause of why the deck is not performing as well as we would like.