PDA

View Full Version : New pics

S man
09-20-2006, 10:28 PM
here's some of my new equipement I use. Stihl km110r and toro 21".

stuffdeer
09-20-2006, 10:50 PM
I like this setup.

But in other Threads and posts, I see your 16 or 17. Do you have your drivers license yet?

dcondon
09-20-2006, 10:53 PM
Ya, you just wheel that around or do you drive??? Nice looking equip though.

Uranus
09-20-2006, 10:54 PM
you better buy some straps. I'd hate to see you loose your load on the sidewalk

iluvscag
09-20-2006, 10:57 PM
Lmao.....:)

paponte
09-20-2006, 11:09 PM
Nice setup!! Very original with the nursery cart. Nice clean equipment. It's apparent you take care of your stuff! :)

Petr51488
09-20-2006, 11:17 PM
Where do all the grass clippings go?

iluvscag
09-20-2006, 11:34 PM
In the other wagon.

stuffdeer
09-20-2006, 11:34 PM

Wow, Never thought of that.

Maybe he has 2 carts he wheels to every account?

iluvscag
09-20-2006, 11:36 PM
Heres his old setup.

stuffdeer
09-20-2006, 11:38 PM
Heres his old setup.

Yea...He needs his license.

I'm positive he's old enough.

zim bob the landscaper
09-21-2006, 08:14 PM
common guys at least he didnt post pics of his measurer like hotpan did.

6'7 330
09-21-2006, 09:00 PM
Nice setup Scott, the proline is an excellent mower.

THEGOLDPRO
09-21-2006, 09:20 PM
[QUOTE=Petr51488]Where do all the grass clippings go?[/QUOTEin the backpack duh...

jmurphy
09-21-2006, 09:30 PM
Wonder what kinda mileage that thing gets?:walking:

mcwlandscaping
09-21-2006, 09:33 PM
It's apparent you take care of your stuff! :)
Or rarely ever uses it....

Lmao.....:)

Yea, pretty much my reaction!

I do think its pretty creative though, everything fits really well and probably isnt very heavy with those big pneumatic tires!

S man
09-21-2006, 10:16 PM
Okay guys I knew I was going to get some dumb comments but also some good ones. I can get a licence and a truck right now but don't want to. I will have both early next year. I might have them this year who knows but I'm making money and have good equipment. I'm still doing 20 accounts with being in school.

Scag, my "old" equipment is mostly gone except for the redmax trimmer and snapper 21".

btw, the backpack is for my hat sweat towel sunscreen my scheduling book and customer info.

dvmcmrhp52
09-21-2006, 10:21 PM

Grass clippings?
What the hell are they?

S man
09-21-2006, 10:31 PM
Grass clippings?
What the hell are they?

Well it is a toro and toros are made for mulching! :laugh:

Petr51488
09-21-2006, 10:48 PM
Well it is a toro and toros are made for mulching! :laugh:

You got me on that one? lol Why do you have a bagger for it then? for style?

stuffdeer
09-21-2006, 11:41 PM

I agree, Why lug an extra 3 lbs around. It'll put more strain on your hands pulling that wagon.

S man
09-22-2006, 03:17 PM

Exactly. ;)

DodgeTruckMan731
09-22-2006, 03:33 PM

To fool the customers and tell them hes bagging.

John Gamba
09-22-2006, 04:03 PM
here's some of my new equipement I use. Stihl km110r and toro 21".

Better get new tires on that wagon, DOT might see them and give you a ticket:laugh:

Chop Stuff Up
09-22-2006, 04:43 PM
Hey SnapperAriens... I used to have a very similar setup at age 16. Same wagon. Do you have the hitch attachment? Mine was pulled by my Snapper rear rider. I still have the wagon and snapper too. Ahhh those were the days

Scag413
09-22-2006, 06:09 PM
Hey man I just wanted to say that it is a neat and very nice set up. Plus I think the bagger makes it look better too. Good Luck with your business!

Idealtim
09-22-2006, 08:22 PM
how many accounts do you manage?

S man
09-23-2006, 12:13 AM
To fool the customers and tell them hes bagging.

Actually many toro users do just that.

how many accounts do you manage?

I thought I said "I'm still doing twenty with being in school." I had over twenty five in the summer.

Raven386
09-23-2006, 12:19 AM
what are you going to do when you get a 36" or 48" w/b? 500lbs is a little much to be pulling on your cart.

paponte
09-23-2006, 05:39 PM
Wow, alot of negativity here. Maybe we should start a new thread so all you "hot shots" can show off your setups. Everyone is quick to piss on the small guy, lets see what YOU got white shadow! :weightlifter:

S man
09-23-2006, 09:51 PM
Wow, alot of negativity here. Maybe we should start a new thread so all you "hot shots" can show off your setups. Everyone is quick to piss on the small guy, lets see what YOU got white shadow! :weightlifter:

hey look, "Stop pissing! I'm soaked!" lol:laugh: :dizzy:

I will have my truck and either a toro turbo force w/b or a quick 36 SOON! you can count on that.;)

6'7 330
09-23-2006, 10:19 PM
hey look, "Stop pissing! I'm soaked!" lol:laugh: :dizzy:

I will have my truck and either a toro turbo force w/b or a quick 36 SOON! you can count on that.;)

Good luck, young man. Stay in school and have some fun, and make a bit of money to. You have plenty of time to decide upon a career path. Don't let enjoyment of you're teenage years escape you.

Nice setup, and you're plans appear like it will be an even better setup, in the future.

Team-Green L&L
09-23-2006, 10:55 PM
I really can't believe that grown people are even making comments like these about a young man that is trying to work hard to get where he's at, rather that sitting around the house on the internet listening to his i pod, learning absolutley no responsibility and expecting everything in life to be handed to him like the money his parents give him. I have nothing but respect for any hard working individual, and especially a young person like this. It amazes me how quickly people forget where they started. I have to say keep up the good work. My only 2 suggestions are pay taxes and carry insurance (when you are old enough). Remember to charge accordingly for your services and your time and laber is worth as much as anyone elses doing the work. Don't pay attention to the negetive comments, no sensable person would. Keep up the good work and learn early from your mistakes. You are still young enjoy life while you can and if you decide that this is the career you want, go to school for it. There are colleges out there that have degrees in landscaping landscaping business management adn landscape design etc.

Vikings
09-24-2006, 12:35 AM
what are you going to do when you get a 36" or 48" w/b? 500lbs is a little much to be pulling on your cart.
http://images.google.ca/images?q=tbn:K_xTBG1ZXEZK5M:http://taproot.dreamhosters.com/archives/Cart.JPG

Raven386
09-24-2006, 12:41 AM
http://images.google.ca/images?q=tbn:K_xTBG1ZXEZK5M:http://taproot.dreamhosters.com/archives/Cart.JPG :laugh:

i must say, if you have this much drive to be pulling your equipment on a cart. then you can make a killing in this business. i complain about having to carry around our trailer and truck and here you are pulling a cart. good luck and you will go far. and make sure you update us with some pics when you get the 36"!

ALarsh
09-24-2006, 12:35 PM
You defiantly have the drive to be in this business... You will go very far in life if you keep it up. Good luck.

MO TOYS
09-24-2006, 04:58 PM
Each and every one of know that this kid is a direct image of your former selves. admit it he is doing xactly what we all did when we were 14 15 16 17

J&R Landscaping
09-24-2006, 05:12 PM
I thought you put the Toro up for sale? I thought I saw it in the marketplace a few days ago or so.

S man
09-24-2006, 11:31 PM
I thought you put the Toro up for sale? I thought I saw it in the marketplace a few days ago or so.

Yes I was thinking of selling for reasons with the dealer and a deal with my mom to stop for the year cutting, so I can live life for a while. Well, the grass is still growing and there's lots of rain so I'm keeping my "new" equipment. The dealer is alright and I will still go there for the stuff I bought there but might fish around other dealers for the stuff I already have.

About the stihl kombi, he's(dealer) going to adjust it to get it edging right, and it seems to slip under half throttle so all that's getting fixed.

And the toro cuts better with the kawi running at 3500-3600 rpms.

Updates on my "new" stuff. :)

duke99
09-26-2006, 04:01 PM
wow.... didnt realize you could fit all that into those carts .. i should have kept the one i just sold to my neighbor's kid ....

RedMax Man
09-27-2006, 03:30 PM
Hey SnapperAriens, my setup is very similar to yours, only I don't carry any of my mowers on my wagon. It just holds my handheld equipment, hand tools and a backpack blower. The wagon works well for me but i'm looking foward to a truck.
Do you do all your work alone or do you have a helper?

S man
09-29-2006, 09:33 PM
Hey SnapperAriens, my setup is very similar to yours, only I don't carry any of my mowers on my wagon. It just holds my handheld equipment, hand tools and a backpack blower. The wagon works well for me but i'm looking foward to a truck.
Do you do all your work alone or do you have a helper?

How old are you? You have a lot of stuff as I see.

RedMax Man
10-02-2006, 09:29 AM
I'm 17 and i've been in business since i was 15.

S man
10-08-2006, 10:20 PM
How do you like your toro 48"? I'm thinking of getting one next year.

RedMax Man
10-08-2006, 10:52 PM
My Toro walk behind is awesome. I really like the T-bar controls, very easy to operate. I bought it used from another landscaper i found in the Want Ads.
I paid $1750 for the mower plus 3 sets of blades, grass gobbler and a velke.

S man
10-15-2006, 02:49 PM
My Toro walk behind is awesome. I really like the T-bar controls, very easy to operate. I bought it used from another landscaper i found in the Want Ads.
I paid $1750 for the mower plus 3 sets of blades, grass gobbler and a velke.

That's what I might get next year. Is there a electric start accessory?

RedMax Man
10-15-2006, 06:43 PM
Not on my Toro, But you can get it on some walk behinds like the larger Hyro models. I've never had trouble starting mine.

Grimmy
10-15-2006, 07:14 PM
Nothing like a snapper hi vac?
Nice setup.

S man
10-15-2006, 07:38 PM
Nothing like a snapper hi vac?
Nice setup.

Where? I don't see one.

KS_Grasscutter
10-15-2006, 08:44 PM
That is sorta how I started out. Except for me, it was Dad's 311 Dixon, pulling one of those cheap garden tractor dump carts, with a Toro Personal Pace, edger, gas cans, trimmer, and blower all piled in it. Sometimes, i even hooked a wagon to the back of that to stack bags of clippings on.

jaydelrio
10-19-2006, 11:30 PM
i think its a nice set up he has there i dont see why u guys have to hate on him,

corey4671
10-22-2006, 01:01 AM
For real! I think it's great that a kid his age is even INTERESTED in making money! Howmany of his buddies his age are plopped down on their sorry a$$es playing XBOX? Maybe he has it figured out! He's locking down every job within walking distance of his home while the rest of us morons shell out 10's of thousands for trucks that we ahve to carry insurance on, buy tags and feed starving terrorist babies with $2 a gallon gas. Buddy, I gotta tell ya, I'm a fan of you! Keep doing what you're doing know matter who makes fun of you! Remember, we all had to start somewhere!

Thirdpete
10-22-2006, 09:53 PM
Each and every one of know that this kid is a direct image of your former selves. admit it he is doing xactly what we all did when we were 14 15 16 17

i bet he's 10x more organized and driven than a lot of us were at 14 15 16 17. i mean when we were thinking about starting we didnt get a cart and set it up in the way that most of our stuff could fit on it and still look semi-decent. those organizational skills will take you far and your drive will too.

if anyone gives you crap about this just laugh and keep it moving. you're certainly headed in the right direction.

S man
11-02-2006, 09:42 PM
Thanks everyone for the comments. I'm still making money like crazy even though it's fall.

RLTimbs
03-07-2007, 12:45 PM

Funny thing is from the looks of it this kid works hard... probably harder than most the guys trying to make fun of him.

I'll admit the setup made me laugh. But I think its cool that you're doing your own thing.

S man
03-07-2007, 02:28 PM
Funny thing is from the looks of it this kid works hard... probably harder than most the guys trying to make fun of him.

I'll admit the setup made me laugh. But I think its cool that you're doing your own thing.

Well, no truck, repairs, insurance,(being 17) tax, registration, and will I say GAS!!!!! None of that with my 20 accounts being right at home. I just got a lawn though where my dad and I have to drive to it. But it is also relatively close.

WALKER LANDSCAPE
03-07-2007, 02:38 PM
S man
Keep up the good work and you will go far. Team Green said it best. Alot of us started just like you. I wish I would have started alot earlier in the years myself. Good luck in you futures
JOSH

mexiking
03-08-2007, 04:20 PM
keep it up homie, we all gota start somwhere. I started doing my neighbors than pulling a 21" on a station wagon and now I have a Chevy Kodiak, a 2500 pick up, enclosed trailer etc etc

Adam's Lawn and Garden
03-08-2007, 09:19 PM
I'm 16 now, and if there's one thing i've learned it's that alot of people with give you crap. Although, it seems like you're running a cash business. and even though your size is small, running a cash business is more than you can say for alot of the guys on here who have every single thing financed, which isn't exactly good.

keep it up,
adam

S man
03-08-2007, 09:49 PM
I'm 16 now, and if there's one thing i've learned it's that alot of people with give you crap. Although, it seems like you're running a cash business. and even though your size is small, running a cash business is more than you can say for alot of the guys on here who have every single thing financed, which isn't exactly good.

keep it up,
adam

Yes I am small but am profitable. I just checked on insurance for driving and some rates are 900 a month or higher. I'll stay off the roads as long as I can.:dizzy:

corey4671
03-08-2007, 09:51 PM
Yes I am small but am profitable. I just checked on insurance for driving and some rates are 900 a month or higher. I'll stay off the roads as long as I can.:dizzy:

Great day in the morning! Are you sure that isn't every SIX MONTHS? What was the deductible? If you buy a relatively cheap truck for cash all you need is liability! For what you are doing now, you could easily get by with an S10 Ranger Toyota something along those lines that will be easy on gas.

S man
03-08-2007, 09:57 PM
Great day in the morning! Are you sure that isn't every SIX MONTHS? What was the deductible? If you buy a relatively cheap truck for cash all you need is liability! For what you are doing now, you could easily get by with an S10 Ranger Toyota something along those lines that will be easy on gas.

Yes I know. I want to find a used midsize truck like you mentioned. And yes those are monthly rates for a 19 year old of state farm, progressive, allstate, geico was 1000 I believe. But again that's for a 19 year old I know just think I'm 17 so it is even more. But if I stay in my area and get a cheap company I should be just fine. We'll see.

blakeg314
03-08-2007, 11:10 PM
around $3500 for the year to insure my jeep grand cherokee

stuffdeer
03-08-2007, 11:13 PM
Yes I know. I want to find a used midsize truck like you mentioned. And yes those are monthly rates for a 19 year old of state farm, progressive, allstate, geico was 1000 I believe. But again that's for a 19 year old I know just think I'm 17 so it is even more. But if I stay in my area and get a cheap company I should be just fine. We'll see.

HOLY MOLY!

I thought it was bad at 1600/yr for me. (16)

S man
03-09-2007, 12:36 AM
HOLY MOLY!

I thought it was bad at 1600/yr for me. (16)

That's cheap. I'm talking 500 to 1000 a MONTH.:dizzy:

RLTimbs
03-09-2007, 03:28 AM
That's cheap. I'm talking 500 to 1000 a MONTH.:dizzy:

that really doesn't sound right... haha

S man
03-25-2007, 11:39 PM
that really doesn't sound right... haha

I figuered it out. I will have my parents put the truck in their name and will be the primary holders, and I will be a secondary driver. I will gove them the money every month and will be okay with insurance like that. Now I'm used truck hunting.

WoodBrothersLC
03-27-2007, 12:45 AM
Keep up the good work! You've got a lot of drive and it will pay off!

-Mark Wood

TheLawnBarber
03-27-2007, 01:22 AM
Yes put the truck in your parents name!!! you'll save alot of money. I just want to put a middle finger in the face of my parents insurance co.. They think I'll get in "More wrecks" a##holes.

dchauling
03-27-2007, 07:34 AM
:clapping: Looks good on you all having your own small business at your young ages.

nobagger
03-27-2007, 07:52 AM
All I can say is that I give you an "adda boy" for going out and making an effort instead of just sittin' at home watching tv or video games! Honestly your probably making more money and have more ambition than 99% of us when we were your age. :weightlifter:

S man
03-28-2007, 02:00 AM
Well. When I get my truck I'm going to hate seeing a lot of my money going don't get me wrong I'll love expanding my biz, but walking the way I am now, I'm really making loads of money without major expenses.

rfed32
03-28-2007, 08:26 PM
i like the setup, have the same cart that i use at my house...but i wish i was doing what ur doin at that age i had no job, drove around my buddies band on the weekend, was prob high or drunk all the time and wished i did that...now im bustin my ass and if i would have did it at ur age id be ok right now....im 5yrs behind the way i see it...good luck with everything, but dont let work take over ur life...i did and i have none now...make sure u do good in school too, and this isnt comin from a 60 yr old man its comin from a 20yr old man...so keep up the good work and ull be great

S man
03-29-2007, 02:02 AM
i like the setup, have the same cart that i use at my house...but i wish i was doing what ur doin at that age i had no job, drove around my buddies band on the weekend, was prob high or drunk all the time and wished i did that...now im bustin my ass and if i would have did it at ur age id be ok right now....im 5yrs behind the way i see it...good luck with everything, but dont let work take over ur life...i did and i have none now...make sure u do good in school too, and this isnt comin from a 60 yr old man its comin from a 20yr old man...so keep up the good work and ull be great

Thanks. I'm glad to be working vs. being with friends that do nothing or get you into trouble. I might have a toyota '01 tacoma quad cab soon.!!!!!!:weightlifter:

waltero
03-29-2007, 08:50 AM
Well. When I get my truck I'm going to hate seeing a lot of my money going don't get me wrong I'll love expanding my biz, but walking the way I am now, I'm really making loads of money without major expenses.

You are doing really good, looks like a small but very profitable setup.

S man
03-29-2007, 02:31 PM
You are doing really good, looks like a small but very profitable setup.

Yes. Last summer I was making 500 a week. Let's see what happens this year.

All my equip,

Toro 21" commercial
Toro 22" cheap personal pace( Discharge mower):laugh:
Redmax trimmer
stihl kombi system
redmax eb7001
echo pb403
echo cs440 saw
gardencart

Soon, snapper 21" commercial
and truck

RedMax Man
03-29-2007, 04:17 PM

Yes the truck is a major expence but will also alow you to expand and take on more work while also being efficiant. as long as you have all you expences covered you'll still make money and lots more.