PDA

View Full Version : Grass is getting long from all this rain!

stuffdeer
09-20-2006, 11:45 PM
Hey everyone, just wanted to post up a quick pic from my cell of a propertyI do every other week.

This was a single cut by my Cub Cadet RZT.

I love it^

Splicer
09-20-2006, 11:51 PM
Nice cut...

prostriper
09-21-2006, 12:01 AM
I feel your pain. A couple of mine had lake front property last week. Its just starting to dry up. But were SOL for now.

Jason Rose
09-21-2006, 12:01 AM
I assume by the trail left on the sidewalk there that you are mulching? Didn't see any grass laying on top of the uncut part... Thats a darn nice cut, mulching, SD, or bagging...

stuffdeer
09-21-2006, 12:21 AM
Acually guys, this is side discharge.
I had the deck hung over the sidewalk about 1 to 2 inches, and that's just from not being blown out the side.

Thanks for the good cut comments.

Remember this is a residential cub cadet rzt 50...

I love this thing lol.

zim bob the landscaper
09-21-2006, 06:09 PM
looks nice stuffdeer. so does it stripe? are you gonna make a stripe kit for it? that is one nice cut.

J&R Landscaping
09-21-2006, 06:38 PM
Cut looks good! Did you have any clumping issues from the graqss being that tall?

04TurfT
09-21-2006, 11:17 PM
pretty solid looking cut you got there. Is that part of a business' grass or is that in front of a house or is that city prop? It sounds like you like that mower pretty good. has anything major broke on it yet? And someone else already said this, but does it stripe?

dcondon
09-21-2006, 11:20 PM
Glad we had a frost last night and things are slowing down. I know what your going through.

stuffdeer
09-21-2006, 11:34 PM
-Cut looks good! Did you have any clumping issues from the graqss being that tall?

Nope, I haven't had any clumping issues. The only time it will clump is in wet grass.

-pretty solid looking cut you got there. Is that part of a business' grass or is that in front of a house or is that city prop? It sounds like you like that mower pretty good. has anything major broke on it yet? And someone else already said this, but does it stripe?

It does have a slight stripe. I still have to make a stripe kit for it, That I am happy with. I haven't had anything majorly wrong with it. The only thing was a flat tire. I hit a brick the wrong way and knocked off the bead. So I just got it back on with the mini compressor I carry and a strap.

-Glad we had a frost last night and things are slowing down. I know what your going through.

I know your kinda up north of me, But I only noticed a frost on the dead grass clumps to th school I go to...Whoever cuts that does a crappy job. It wasn't that tall, but the scag ZTR's wasn't throwing it far at all.

Yea, I love this mower, It has cut my time down in approximately 1/3 of the time then using the 22" Personal Pac Toro mower.

Thanks Guys!

Kglenn04
09-26-2008, 01:14 PM
looks nice stuffdeer. so does it stripe? are you gonna make a stripe kit for it? that is one nice cut.

whats a strip kit is it what makes the stips??

Kennedy Landscaping
09-26-2008, 03:19 PM
whats a strip kit is it what makes the stips??

Thats what it does, it makes the stripes. It's all in the way that the grass is bent over. On my push mowers I have taken a 3-inch piece of PVC pipe and put a threaded rod through it and filled it with concrete and capped the ends. Works great. I don't have one on my Gravely yet, although I do for my YTH 180.

Lakewlc
09-26-2008, 03:48 PM
post some pics of the rzt

Kglenn04
09-26-2008, 04:43 PM
Thats what it does, it makes the stripes. It's all in the way that the grass is bent over. On my push mowers I have taken a 3-inch piece of PVC pipe and put a threaded rod through it and filled it with concrete and capped the ends. Works great. I don't have one on my Gravely yet, although I do for my YTH 180.

can you send me of what that looks like that sounds intresting

old oak lawn
09-26-2008, 09:14 PM
i had the cub rzt 50,sold it last week sat for 2 years not used had 252 hrs on it. cost me new 3200.00 sold it for 1000.00. it worked good but look in to getting a commercial mower when you can , 2 times as fast and built to work hard. the problems to look for are - front wheels have pins that the bearings ride on and wear out fast/ the cable,s that holds the deck up will brake (replace with a chain ) and the parking brake will strip the gear that makes it work, so no parking brake. anyway good luck.

Decoste76
04-09-2010, 09:45 PM
let me know if you put a stripe kit on it i have a rzt 50 too and was looking into doing that... any ideas on how to thanks?

mowerdude777
04-09-2010, 10:46 PM
Looks very nice

Jason Rose
04-09-2010, 10:59 PM
Why in the *bleep* do people have to dig up and comment on ancient threads!? Look at them, read them, but resist the urge to reply if they are more than a few months old!!!!
Posted via Mobile Device