PDA

View Full Version : Skidsteer powered pressure washer? Does one exist?

Hummer
09-21-2006, 02:24 PM
I've been online looking at small, roll around, diesel powered pressure washers when I got to wondering if there exists a pressure washer 'attachment' for skidsteers?

So, does someone make such a machine? Would it be dangerous to have a skidsteer's hydraulics power such a thing?

My purpose for having the pressure washer would be for cleaning equipment such as a skidsteer after use.

Thanks!

Avant man
09-22-2006, 01:56 AM
We have a pressure washer which goes on our Avant mini Loaders in Australia it has a 270L tank with a 1 m wide boom on the front for washing pathways, driveways, etc, and a 15 m hose roll with hand gun. Its working pressure is 200 bar, which should be plenty it is ran by the hydraulic outlets on your machine. As far as i know Avant make their own but we can also use one made by Dynaset. You can see the pressure washer at www.avantloaders.com.au, in the attachment page.

Shadetree Ltd
09-22-2006, 02:54 AM
ditch witch offers one for the mini track loaders.

TXTom
09-22-2006, 08:48 AM
I had never thought to look for a hydraulic pressure washer until I saw your post. Doing a google on "hydraulic pressure washer" brought up several options. There are many systems available. Most cost between $900-1500. That is more than I would be willing to spend. All you need is a hydraulic power source with less than 10gpm of flow and around 2000psi. Most skids can easily meet that requirement. Let us know if you end up getting one.

Tom

Earth and Turf
09-26-2006, 07:50 AM
Hey how do those avant machines do This is the first I have seen of them.

janb
09-27-2006, 01:58 AM
I had never thought to look for a hydraulic pressure washer until I saw your post. Doing a google on "hydraulic pressure washer" brought up several options. There are many systems available. Most cost between $900-1500. ...Tom

they are very common on fishing boats, and handy / quiet too!

Avant man
09-27-2006, 02:48 AM
Well in Australia we have Dingo, Kanga, Thomas, Vermeer etc, as far as performance and comfortability the Avant either equal or out perform them.
Most of the others can only lift what the smallest articulated Avant 200 series lifts (around 250kg, when it only weighs 620kg itself). The Skidsteer range is more equal to say Dingo, Kanga Thomas etc which have a SWL around 320kg but some of them are getting close or are over 1 Tonne for a mini Skidsteer, but when it comes to the 500, 600 series articulated machines there is no comparison here for the size, weight, lift height and operation of these machines. People over here are realising the benefits of being able to sit down and be comfortable especially the articulated machines and cutting the time it takes to do a job becasue you dont spend half of it covering up your skidsteer marks or replacing grass which has been ripped up.
The only way you can really get to see the benefits is to actually get on one and see it for youself.