PDA

View Full Version : Aeration

MarcSmith
09-22-2006, 12:30 PM
Well the Aeration, Over seed and Fert is done. Uuhg...I need to get a new aerator.....

did most of it myself. 3000lb of seed and 2500lb of fert....only about 1/2 was done with the tractor and Vicon....the rest was done by hand.

I think I lost a few pounds, or I streched my belt out...:)

Next round of fert in Late October, and then again in december...

withthis cool weather the Fescure should start really popping...

grass_cuttin_fool
09-22-2006, 05:25 PM
I over seeded a yard 11 days ago..........and today I was like WOW when I went to mow it today..........I have grass everywhere. If we get a shower on it... the grass you just planted should really come on strong soon

wayne

MarcSmith
09-24-2006, 08:16 PM
it took ame about 7 days of a hundred pounds here, hundred there to get it done and the stuff I put down first is popping and so is my own yard....the cool temps are great....

Chris Wagner
09-27-2006, 06:47 PM
Just did our campus today. Ryan walk-behind... feelin' it, let me tell you!!!

I only seeded thinner areas and some shady areas that never seem to last a season.

It would have been nice to get a fert job in, but I'm going to time the next to be my last as the turf is solid now.

Did I miss how many pounds of seed per square foot you use in your overseeding?

MarcSmith
09-27-2006, 09:06 PM
it varied from 5-8lb per 1000....

depending on the loaction, turf thickness, and expected future traffic...

I thinkt e fert is a necessary evil... I dont' want to put too much down and ecourage to much shoot growth Vs root growth, but with the new seed I felt I had to do it... I only did 3 fert apps last year in most areas. I am doing 4 in all areas this year. I hope to see a great improvement.

I hope to also put in for the PGMS Awards next year. So we'll see...

Marc

Chris Wagner
09-27-2006, 09:55 PM
Cool. Hope I have similar results after today's aeration!

I'd love to catch up with you if I'm ever out that way!

Take care.

MarcSmith
09-28-2006, 06:49 AM
The campus is always open. and my office has a welcome mat...

If you are ever in the area let me know..., and that goes for anybody here....We'll almost anybody...;)