PDA

View Full Version : First Clean Up with a BR 600

FinalCut05
09-22-2006, 06:08 PM
I know its early in the season for leaves to fall but one lawn, when I went to mow it today, was completly covered. This happened to me last year and I just ran them over but I really wanted to try out my BR 600 in these conditions. After doing a 1/2 acre clean up with one BR 600 in 20 minutes, I wonder why people buy $1500 walk behind blowers? It was great, sooo much power at my finger tips. Blowing 3 foot high piles of leaves 15 feet at half throttle. After doing one, I can't wait for the rest of my accounts to need it. Any one else get to try their BR yet??? Thanks for listening to me rant, my wife couldn't care less at this point.

rodfather
09-22-2006, 06:12 PM
My Little Wonder 8 hp wb blowers cost 1/2 that price...report back to us when the leaves are a foot thick and have been rained on for a few days. Then you will wish you had bought a Redmax 8000 instead. :hammerhead:

HenryB
09-22-2006, 06:28 PM
Rodfather, that's not nice. But I was thinking the same thing.

Lazer_Z
09-22-2006, 06:29 PM
My Little Wonder 8 hp wb blowers cost 1/2 that price...report back to us when the leaves are a foot thick and have been rained on for a few days. Then you will wish you had bought a Redmax 8000 instead. :hammerhead:
I was going to buy one of those Rod but I bought my 600 and if I see the need I'm going to buy a WB I may try out a Little Wonder but then again I may just lay down the cash for a BG Force. I'd rather walk than have a ton of weight strapped to my back. BTW, Nice review in Turf on the IS2000Z and who is that guy on the mower in the pictures? That can't be you (no offense) because he's a lot younger than I picture you.

Rob

rodfather
09-22-2006, 06:37 PM
I was going to buy one of those Rod but I bought my 600 and if I see the need I'm going to buy a WB I may try out a Little Wonder but then again I may just lay down the cash for a BG Force. I'd rather walk than have a ton of weight strapped to my back. BTW, Nice review in Turf on the IS2000Z and who is that guy on the mower in the pictures? That can't be you (no offense) because he's a lot younger than I picture you.

Rob

One of my maintenance foremen Rob. You're right, he's 28, I'm 51. Thanks for the compliment on the review. I'm still waiting to get my issue from Turf, everyone else has gotten their copy but me.:cry: Not sure what pics they used, I took a total of about 40 and sent them the 8 or 10 I liked best.

I ran a 9 hp Force the other day at my dealer's place. Man, that thing has got some umph to it for sure.

rodfather
09-22-2006, 06:38 PM
Rodfather, that's not nice. But I was thinking the same thing.

I just call them like I see them Henry. I tried the 600 and didn't think it matched our 8000's.

lawnwizards
09-22-2006, 06:44 PM
I just call them like I see them Henry. I tried the 600 and didn't think it matched our 8000's.
rod, whats do 8000's run?

rodfather
09-22-2006, 06:52 PM
Have seen them as low as $475 randy on the internet...paid like $515 for mine at my dealer's place. Funny thing is, he sells both and recommended the 8000 over the 600. Go figure.

Lazer_Z
09-22-2006, 06:54 PM
Rod, The pics in the mag came out great & damn you mow some huge places lol. Pages C6 & 7 cover your test. The first 3 pictures look like they cover 3 totally different property's. #1 has a retaining wall, #2 your guy is mowing along a driveway and I can also see a large pine tree, #3 Has your guy mowing along a flower garden (I guess that's what it is). The fourth pic is your guy sitting on the mower with what looks to be a field where horses are kept in the back ground.

Rob

rodfather
09-22-2006, 07:01 PM
Rod, The pics in the mag came out great & damn you mow some huge places lol. Pages C6 & 7 cover your test. The first 3 pictures look like they cover 3 totally different property's. #1 has a retaining wall, #2 your guy is mowing along a driveway and I can also see a large pine tree, #3 Has your guy mowing along a flower garden (I guess that's what it is). The fourth pic is your guy sitting on the mower with what looks to be a field where horses are kept in the back ground.

Rob

Most of them are Rob...now ya know why our smallest mower is a 52" WB. :laugh: From my recollection, the first pic is a place that is 11 acres, second is 7, third is 3.5, and the fourth 12 acres.

Thanks for the update. :)

Lazer_Z
09-22-2006, 07:07 PM
Your welcome & I really have to find a way to come and see you and your crew. I'd be in heaven on just 3.5 acres alone. I just can't imagine the cost of the House or whatever on the 3.5 :dizzy:

Rob

rodfather
09-22-2006, 07:10 PM
Your welcome & I really have to find a way to come and see you and your crew. I'd be in heaven on just 3.5 acres alone. I just can't imagine the cost of the House or whatever on the 3.5 :dizzy:

Rob

LOL, 3.5 is small enough that you would be on your own alone working for us. :laugh:

FinalCut05
09-22-2006, 07:26 PM
I like my 600 cause I demoed the 8000 and its too big of a machine for me. I'm only 5'8'', 120 pounds. The 8000 feels like a ghost buster power pack on me. That and getting the **** shocked out of me when I took it off, didn't help either. I already have a Stihl trimmer and having another separate gas can does n't really make sense to me. Any Stihl fans out there cause these red max guys keep beaten me up!!!

rodfather
09-22-2006, 07:29 PM
I like my 600 cause I demoed the 8000 and its too big of a machine for me. I'm only 5'8'', 120 pounds. The 8000 feels like a ghost buster power pack on me. That and getting the **** shocked out of me when I took it off, didn't help either. I already have a Stihl trimmer and having another separate gas can does n't really make sense to me. Any Stihl fans out there cause these red max guys keep beaten me up!!!

just think Tony...get a redmax and you can stop going to the gym to work out lol :waving:

lawnboy dan
09-22-2006, 07:29 PM
the redmax uses the same fuel mix as the sthil.

6'7 330
09-22-2006, 07:35 PM
We have both BR600's and Redmax 8000's , power difference in minimal. Easy start's and on fuel consumption, the Sthil way better.

Brendan Smith
09-22-2006, 07:37 PM

Rob
i didn't know that was you rod. that was a nice review. you should have cameo'ed bg in one of the pics though, maybe leaning on a shovel in the background. :) or would that have frightened your customers?:laugh:

rodfather
09-22-2006, 07:44 PM
i didn't know that was you rod. that was a nice review. you should have cameo'ed bg in one of the pics though, maybe leaning on a shovel in the background. :) or would that have frightened your customers?:laugh:

chasing some old lady with it instead:laugh:

Brendan Smith
09-22-2006, 07:48 PM
chasing some old lady with it instead:laugh:
or have the ferris jacked up with a tire off and him smacking the mower with it :laugh: :laugh:

FinalCut05
09-22-2006, 08:19 PM
If I started working out, I would wither away to dust!! I'm already too thin and its really impossible for me to gain weight. Trust me...:weightlifter:
Thanks 6'7'' 330, for backing me up. By the way I bet your biceps are the size of my waist!!! Thats funny.

mkwl
09-22-2006, 09:02 PM

Yeah really! Walk behind blowers are DEFINITELY the right tool when you're blowing the leaves off a 2+ acre property, with the leaves 8" thick and are wet! Between my Little Wonder 10HP High Output WB blower and my Red Max EB7001 blower, NO LEAF STANDS IN MY WAY!

Just Mow
09-23-2006, 04:53 PM
We have both BR600's and Redmax 8000's , power difference in minimal. Easy start's and on fuel consumption, the Sthil way better.

Not enough difference between the two as far as power. I sure do like the easy starting and the lighter weight of the 600 though.

Ramairfreak98ss
09-23-2006, 11:42 PM
BTW, Nice review in Turf on the IS2000Z and who is that guy on the mower in the pictures? That can't be you (no offense) because he's a lot younger than I picture you.

Rob

Whats that mean? is there a section here i dont know about with pics? lol. I was looking at the is2000z for another 2nd ztr next year, i think ill go with the air cooled is3100z though, i wanted the water cooled briggs but the ferris machine is literally almost a ton.

ThirdDay
09-24-2006, 01:04 AM
The RedMax 8000 has a LOT more power than the Stihl 600 especially in heavy, wet leaf conditions...WAY more power! The CFM is the big difference.

BTW...leaf season isn't here yet....not even close! Wait till you have heavy wet leaves up to your knees...you'll need a walk behind for sure!

Just Mow
09-24-2006, 01:07 AM
Ok, if you say so..............................:sleeping:

ThirdDay
09-24-2006, 01:12 AM
Ok, if you say so..............................:sleeping:

Oh...I'm sorry, you must always be right?? :gunsfirin

THEGOLDPRO
09-24-2006, 01:13 AM
pics are small but the big reg thing on my trailer is my grounds master 220-d with a big ass leaf blower on it, my good friend has the same thing so we usually tag team the bigger places with us 2 and two other guys on backpack blowers, we rip through places fast.
http://www.msprotege.com/members/THEGOLDPRO/dodge2.jpg
http://www.msprotege.com/members/THEGOLDPRO/dodge3.jpg

topsites
09-24-2006, 01:23 AM
Oh no doubt if you have some ultra light leaf cover then the backpack is enough, much as the handheld bg-55 is a great blower for minor duty such as season-round grass clippings and even the weedeater can clear some debris faster than getting the blower out.

But you get into some heavy leaf cover, and the right pushblower does 4-6 times the work of the most powerful backpack, because MY 10hp Billygoat cleaned this up in 1 hour (look closely, that stuff is almost a foot deep in some places):
http://stonypointlawncare.com/images/before.jpg

http://stonypointlawncare.com/images/after.jpg

So, figure out how much you get / hour with the backpack, quote some prices and find out what is the most customers will tolerate paying. As for me, I find it tough cookies to get more than $40 pmh where I live.
Then, add 20+ percent to that and use the pushblower and everyone's happy: You get paid good and the customer gets away so cheap that they can't believe you're getting $50-$60 pmh, not to mention you get a lot more yards serviced in one day.

Lazer_Z
09-24-2006, 01:21 PM
Whats that mean? is there a section here i don't know about with pics? lol. I was looking at the is2000z for another 2nd ztr next year, i think ill go with the air cooled is3100z though, i wanted the water cooled briggs but the ferris machine is literally almost a ton.
If you get Turf magazine you can't miss the review on pages C 6 & 7.

Rob

rodfather
09-24-2006, 01:24 PM
If you get Turf magazine you can't miss the review on pages C 6 & 7.

Rob

That's if ya get it...I'm still waiting for my copy. :cry:

oleblue
01-07-2007, 02:36 PM
I have had the same wonderful experince with my BR 600. I sold my little wonder and now own 3 Br 600's 1 acre of leaves piled up in 20 mins with three blowers. No mechanicial problems either.

ed2hess
01-07-2007, 03:39 PM
I have had the same wonderful experince with my BR 600. I sold my little wonder and now own 3 Br 600's 1 acre of leaves piled up in 20 mins with three blowers. No mechanicial problems either.

So you are saying it is better to have three people working instead of one person running the Little Wonder? I know our 13HP Billygoat would almost move more leaves than the 3 big blowers because we tried it!