PDA

View Full Version : I was bored....

ALarsh
09-24-2006, 12:48 AM
Me and my buddy were bored last night so we took my truck off roading... Got it stuck and had to have another friend pull me out. Unfortunately it bottomed out on the front bumper and pushed the bumper up. I'm going to have to bend it back down later... The truck was bottomed out on the chassis which is also why it was holding up. Also the stock tires SUCK. I'm getting new ones before winter..

Kwik Trip car wash wasn't a big fan either. :drinkup:
http://cclawnservice.com/Personal/Chevrolet%202500/Mud/IMG_3136.jpg
http://cclawnservice.com/Personal/Chevrolet%202500/Mud/IMG_3138.jpg
http://cclawnservice.com/Personal/Chevrolet%202500/Mud/IMG_3144.jpg
http://cclawnservice.com/Personal/Chevrolet%202500/Mud/IMG_3145.jpg
http://cclawnservice.com/Personal/Chevrolet%202500/Mud/IMG_3154.jpg
:gmctruck:

Scag413
09-24-2006, 12:57 AM
It looks like it was fun!

BMFD92
09-24-2006, 01:09 AM
i did the same thing one time with my truck and then while doing some donuts I blew the power steering pump and my truck was out for a days work so i never take it off roading anymore because I only got two trucks and that one is also my daily driver

Raven386
09-24-2006, 01:22 AM
awesome! i envy you so much! lol. we dont have any good places to go off-roading like that! this is as dirty as my baby has ever been...

Raven386
09-24-2006, 01:25 AM
heres a picture of her nice and clean .. and also a picture i just found of my buddys Z.... he sold it and bought an Acura TL :confused:

ALarsh
09-24-2006, 01:36 AM
Nice pics. The Z looks great, but if I had to pick one I would pick the TL...

I spent 3 hours today under the truck with the pressure washer getting all the mud and crap out of it. What a mess! It was fun though

The place that I went was a new neighborhood development. The just plowed a dirt road to start grading. Once the rain hit it made for hours of fun!

Raven386
09-24-2006, 02:15 AM
hmm we have a developement going in near my house:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Raven386
09-24-2006, 02:17 AM
and i must say that TL is so nice. its better than a BMW! navigation, leather, rides beautifully. and its pretty quick too. least i have a tiny chance of catching back up in my truck... with the Z he would hit the gas and be gone! :laugh:

KS_Grasscutter
09-24-2006, 11:58 AM
GIT R DONE!!! Now all you need are mud tires, and a lift kit, and you'll be set!

ALarsh
09-24-2006, 12:37 PM
My uncle just bought a TL with nav. I drove it around and its pretty quick for being a V6. Its a real nice car and the best bang for the buck compared to audi, lexus, bmw, etc.

stumper1620
09-24-2006, 12:41 PM
Nice pics. The Z looks great, but if I had to pick one I would pick the TL...

I spent 3 hours today under the truck with the pressure washer getting all the mud and crap out of it. What a mess! It was fun though

The place that I went was a new neighborhood development. The just plowed a dirt road to start grading. Once the rain hit it made for hours of fun!
Drai your fron axle, You wouldn't belive how much water gets through an oil seal.

J&R Landscaping
09-24-2006, 05:14 PM
Looks like you had fun!!!

Idealtim
09-24-2006, 05:49 PM
you gotta get a winch on that bad boy!

Lawnworks
09-24-2006, 06:26 PM
Boys will be boys!! But man I would never do that to a brand new truck. That is an easy way to accelerate the depreciation on a truck.

ALarsh
09-24-2006, 07:00 PM
ahhh they will never know it was in the mud (pressure washer) and I don't plan on selling it anytime soon either.

Lawnworks
09-24-2006, 07:48 PM
Well I just remember when I was a teenager and mud bogged. It seemed to get everywhere... radiator, brakes, axles. Just not worth the bill in the end. I would keep the bogging for an atv or 1980s yota. Just too nice of a truck man!

ALarsh
09-24-2006, 08:00 PM
I hear you... I don't plan on doing this too much more.

mcwlandscaping
09-24-2006, 08:36 PM
those are the greatest places to go...great access if you get stuck, but plenty of muddy fun!

Petr51488
09-24-2006, 08:51 PM
Whatever you do.. dont ever write anything into the mud on your truck! lol I've seen what it does to your truck..

ALarsh
09-24-2006, 08:54 PM
What does it do?

Lawnworks
09-24-2006, 09:57 PM
Whatever you do.. dont ever write anything into the mud on your truck! lol I've seen what it does to your truck..

Yeah got hate friends writing cute messages that stick w/ you! Been there done that also!

Petr51488
09-24-2006, 09:58 PM
What does it do?

It basically scratches whatever you wrote into the car. It stays there forever. I wrote something in my brothers rental car and it basically scratched it in. Same thing happened to my atv.

FearThisDeere
09-24-2006, 11:34 PM
I wrote a rather big and not so nice message on the hood of my friend's old Volvo wagon... whoops, won't do that again. Luckily the car is only worth $400 and he laughed forever. Now his red hood displays the words: "Suck It"

Raven386
09-25-2006, 01:16 PM
:laugh: we did that to my old ford before i got rid of it.... now 10-E Lawn Care is in the hood w/ my #. and so are a couple of messages that werent too appreciated... my new truck isnt worth nothing anymore! its got scratches and a dent.. time to trade it in.. thats what i ended up doing with the last truck. got a dent in the door, a week later i bought a new one :laugh:

DoetschOutdoor
09-25-2006, 04:02 PM
Ok, now im pissed off about my truck getting written on last off road trip!! I had almost forgotten about that! The messages they wrote on my truck probably arent suitable for this site and you can still see where they wrote on my truck even after 5 waxings. Pics to come of the fun we had though

ALarsh
09-25-2006, 11:51 PM
We took my friends truck in the mud today...

http://cclawnservice.com/Personal/Chevrolet%202500/Mud/IMG_31651.jpg

http://cclawnservice.com/Personal/Chevrolet%202500/Mud/IMG_3175.jpg

Video 1 (http://cclawnservice.com/Personal/Chevrolet%202500/Mud/MVI_3163.avi)

Video 2 (http://cclawnservice.com/Personal/Chevrolet%202500/Mud/MVI_3168.avi)

Video 3 (http://cclawnservice.com/Personal/Chevrolet%202500/Mud/MVI_3169.avi)

FearThisDeere
09-25-2006, 11:59 PM
Looks good, but not as good as yours! I just couldn't do that to such a new truck. I like the videos!

FearThisDeere
10-08-2006, 11:00 PM
I took the Durango out for a little spin in the mud a few days ago. Well, I was driving around and saw some great mud, so then it was mudding time. I managed to almost get it stuck in some of the slickest mud I have even been in. 4 wheel low, in drive one, and 10 minutes later I was out. It was the first time I had ever almost been really stuck in 4wd. I felt really bad because I plastered the truck parked behind me. I left the guy a note on his window with my phone number and told him to bring his truck over and I would wash it foe him, but he never called me. Not great, but not bad for a Durango.

FearThisDeere
10-08-2006, 11:01 PM
Picture #2:

FearThisDeere
10-08-2006, 11:02 PM
Last one: (10 characters)

ALarsh
10-08-2006, 11:38 PM
Not bad for a grocery getter. Lets see the 250 plastered. :drinkup:

Idealtim
10-08-2006, 11:41 PM
There is a thread dirtiest truck on either plowsite or here. have to do a search.

Jason Rose
10-08-2006, 11:43 PM
You kids are fools. Mudding like that will quickly kill a perfectly good truck. Just wait, very soon you will have more squeeks then you know what to do with, and don't come crying to us when everything else starts failing early. I have a 2000 GMC Sierra and I think it was used for that crap before I bought it. The entire frame and undercarrige had a 1/4" thick film of dirt/mud caked to it even AFTER I bought it and the dealership had "cleaned" it 2 times.
Oh well, you kids are the same "invincible" ones that will drive 90 on dirt roads untill you flip it or have one of your friends killed.

ALarsh
10-08-2006, 11:52 PM
I gotta say, that is the first time my truck has seen more than a dirt road. It loves me again after a couple hours with the pressure washer. :)

Squeaks? It's a GM PRODUCT! What do you expect?

And don't blame us because your dealer doesn't have a pressure washer. I have gotten most of the mud off the frame and under body. The tricky part is the front end.

FearThisDeere
10-08-2006, 11:58 PM
Not bad for a grocery getter. Lets see the 250 plastered. :drinkup:
Hahaha... no way. The Durango is my mom's. She said that she wanted it washed, so I said I would wash it if I got to go for a little spin first.

FearThisDeere
10-09-2006, 12:02 AM
Oh well, you kids are the same "invincible" ones that will drive 90 on dirt roads untill you flip it or have one of your friends killed.
Stereotyping a little here? Just because we/they get our/ their trucks dirty doesn't mean that they are abused to death. Is it good for them? No! It is our choice on what to do with them. Why did you buy a truck with 1/4" of mud plastered on the frame? I drive on dirt roads on all the time. I have never gone 90 and I have never wrecked anything. Just because I hit a mud a little here and there doesn't make me a stupid driver. It is like the people that go do donuts in a parking lot when it is covered with snow. They know how to get themselves out of a spin. Trust me I am one of those fools. I have had a few incidents where I have been happy that I learned how to get my truck out of a spin. Sorry to rant on you Jason Rose, just blowing off some steam!

KS_Grasscutter
10-09-2006, 12:11 AM

It aint that we think were invincible, its that there is the need to get from point a to point b, and the quicker you do it, the more time you have to do whatever else (of couse assuming you dont crash...). And i never do over 60 on dirt with a friend in the truck (well, mainly cause no one rides with me anymore except just across town).

Jason Rose
10-09-2006, 12:12 AM
boy did I set you guys off, lol. Yes my dealer had a pressure washer, large delaership. I never even knew it was that bad till I had owned it a while and decided to give it a once over with my pressure washer. I thought it was just a little dirt but once I went to clean it I discovered it was layered on there. The inside wasnt much better honestly. I spent HOURS getting the scum and dirt out of this truck. NO I wasnt' happy that the dealership coulsn't do better, so much so that I took it back once and they "re-did" it, that was before I spent hours on it.

Yes, what you do with it is your deal. I just don't want to be the guy buying it later and having someone tell me it never left the pavement... (dealers never seem to know any history on vehicles anymore)

Oddly enough I don't know of ANY squeaks on my GMC. My '98 dodge squeaks like I'm driving over a perpetual herd of mice though! Got so sick of it I WD-40'd all the rubber bushings in the front and and got it to stop for a while. Squeaks are coming back already, guess what, FLUID FILM! Gonna see what that does!

Jason Rose
10-09-2006, 12:12 AM
boy did I set you guys off, lol. Yes my dealer had a pressure washer, large delaership. I never even knew it was that bad till I had owned it a while and decided to give it a once over with my pressure washer. I thought it was just a little dirt but once I went to clean it I discovered it was layered on there. The inside wasnt much better honestly. I spent HOURS getting the scum and dirt out of this truck. NO I wasnt' happy that the dealership coulsn't do better, so much so that I took it back once and they "re-did" it, that was before I spent hours on it.

Yes, what you do with it is your deal. I just don't want to be the guy buying it later and having someone tell me it never left the pavement... (dealers never seem to know any history on vehicles anymore)

Oddly enough I don't know of ANY squeaks on my GMC. My '98 dodge squeaks like I'm driving over a perpetual herd of mice though! Got so sick of it I WD-40'd all the rubber bushings in the front and and got it to stop for a while. Squeaks are coming back already, guess what, FLUID FILM! Gonna see what that does!

indy2tall
10-09-2006, 12:14 AM
Me and my buddy were bored last night so we took my truck off roading... Got it stuck and had to have another friend pull me out. Unfortunately it bottomed out on the front bumper and pushed the bumper up. I'm going to have to bend it back down later... The truck was bottomed out on the chassis which is also why it was holding up. Also the stock tires SUCK. I'm getting new ones before winter..

I just can't help but ask if going mudding in some deep ass mud at night was preceded by the consumption of numerous alcoholic beverages? :drinkup: :drinkup: :drinkup: :confused: :confused: :confused: :nono: :nono: :nono: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: And if that was the case, why didn't you invite the rest of us? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

ALarsh
10-09-2006, 12:30 AM
I just can't help but ask if going mudding in some deep ass mud at night was preceded by the consumption of numerous alcoholic beverages? :drinkup: :drinkup: :drinkup: :confused: :confused: :confused: :nono: :nono: :nono: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: And if that was the case, why didn't you invite the rest of us? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
:laugh: :laugh: :drinkup: :drinkup: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :drinkup: :drinkup: :) :usflag:

Lets just say.... my lack of better judgment was impaired.

Newbie07
10-09-2006, 04:53 PM
i have taken my truck muddin several times. The thing that can hurt you the most is the other people's stupidity!! i learned this the hard way when i got stuck and a friend slid down the hill into my truck. it cost me $600 and a new hood. CLean the truck well though or thngs will begin to rust.

Dano50
10-09-2006, 05:15 PM
Spray a good coat of Fluid Film on areas you don't want mud and dirt to stick before you go mudding in some deep ass mud at night and it will wash off much easier.

FearThisDeere
10-09-2006, 06:44 PM
I had a feeling that is what you were getting at. This is why I would never take the F250 in the mud. I have a feeling that I will trade it in at some point. The Durango is just going to be run into the ground. It is payed off, has 113k on it, and we'll just use it until it can't go anymore. What they would give us for a trade on it is just not worth it. Sometimes you just have to have a little fun.

Signature Landscaping1
10-09-2006, 09:59 PM
Spray a good coat of Fluid Film on areas you don't want mud and dirt to stick before you go mudding in some deep ass mud at night and it will wash off much easier.

I did try that today. I sprayed it on the rims of my atv. Then i went out riding in some nice deep mud. I came home, and the mud and dirt and grime came of faster and easier than it ever did! Thanks Fluid Flim!