PDA

View Full Version : Complaints from flyers

cochino12
09-24-2006, 01:28 PM
Anybody get complaint calls after doing flyers? I never really got any before and this fall I've already gotten two calls after about 4500 flyers?

Dirty Water
09-24-2006, 01:38 PM
Are you putting them into mailboxes?

cochino12
09-24-2006, 01:42 PM
no, door hangers on knob.

jpp
09-24-2006, 02:06 PM
IMO, they should put up no soliciting on their front door and that would stop the stuff that they did not want.

Lawntime Mowers
09-24-2006, 05:47 PM
You can't please everyone....but you gotta eat.
Like this is the first time they've ever received door hangers.
I would tell them to grow up and stop acting like such a prima donna.

Good thing they did'nt call for service. It would just be two more Pita customers on your list.

DBL
09-24-2006, 06:44 PM
whats their complaint

ed2hess
09-24-2006, 07:13 PM
The argument usually centers around the fact that if they aren't home all these flyers will tip a robber off to the occupant being out of town or lazy. About 90% of the time they won't leave a name/address only a hateful message. I always figure it is a jealous person who isn't smart enough to start a business.

mojob
09-24-2006, 08:08 PM
I got a call from some lady that said she had a "no soliciting" sign on her door for a reason and if I continued putting flyers on doors with "no soliciting" signs in her neighborhood she would get me into trouble. I was polite to her on the phone, but who would I be in trouble with? Up to that point I was leaving a flyer at every house even if they had a sign. I have a sign at my house because I don't want people ringing the door bell, but I don't care if they leave their flyers. I just figured everybody else felt the same way. Any thoughts on this?

topsites
09-25-2006, 01:32 AM
Ok, here's what you do:

- Tell them you are sorry and if you could please have their address, you will make sure that they never are bothered by your company again.
- Pick a good, memorable spot in your notebook where to write down these addresses (you will likely get one or two / year) and write them down.
- Anytime you do flyers in the future, doublecheck those addresses and make 100% certain you do NOT put a flyer on those houses.

Never a problem, they respect you once they see you are that straight with them.

Vikings
09-25-2006, 02:05 AM
Ignore them.

You start throwing your number at tens of thousands of people you'll get all kind of phone calls. Soliciting, applicants, price shoppers, idiots, people that will tell you their life story if you let them and finally potential customers.

deltascapes
09-25-2006, 01:51 PM
Some cities have ordinances against door-hangers and it comes with a heavy fine. i was given a warning and was told i got off lucky.

eruuska
09-25-2006, 10:02 PM
I sent out about 10k postcards, got a few back with requests not to send them to a particular address. No problem.

Had one guy call me 3 times to demand that I stop sending him junk mail. Last time he called me at about midnight. I recognized his voice, and asked if this was "Mr. <whatever>". He said "Yes, how did you know?" I reminded him that this was the third time I'd heard from him. He had absolutely no recollection of the other two times. He apologized and I never heard from him again. I'm assuming Alzheimer's or something. Mildly irritating, kind of humorous, kind of sad.

HOOLIE
09-25-2006, 10:04 PM
I don't worry about "No Soliciting" signs...I'm not knocking on their doors and if they have that much of a complex that they need to call and b**** about a flyer....well you're just gonna run across people like that.

Ahh...at least you got them to call :laugh: :laugh: Should point that out to them next time :laugh: