PDA

View Full Version : Need opion between 3 Hustler deals.

RamaJamaBamaFan
09-24-2006, 10:54 PM
I've enjoyed reading this forum. Great ideas, good folks, lotsa help to everyone.
Would love some of your input on my first purchase of a ZTR. My local dealer is a good guy, have known him for quite some time personally. He has 3 offers that sound like good ones for the closeout of the season. :help:

offer #1: Super Z, 60, 27hp kohler, XR7 .. its a Demo with 38 hours on it
Slighty scuffed up in three places. I demo'd it on my yard
and fell in love with the Super Z. Price 7500 tax and all and
he is thowing in an extra set of blades and full 2yr wrnty

offer #2: Super Z,60, 25Kaw, XR7 ..... Brand spanking new
Price: 7950 tax and all

offer #3: Super Z, 72, 25Kaw, XR7 .... Brand new, been on the showroom
floor for some time and he wants to get rid of it
Price: 7950 tax and all

Which offer would you take? :dizzy: They all sound good.
I have 4.5 acres with almost 4 to mow. Losta open areas, Some trees in a couple of areas. It takes me about 5 and half to 6 hours to mow with my current 10yo, 15hp Crapsman, oops Craftsman mower (42in)

I demo'd The Deer ZTR, Kubota, and Dixie Chopper.

Nothing was as good as the Super Z.:clapping:

jjhu00
09-25-2006, 02:02 PM
I would go with the 27HP Kohler engine since it is cheaper and has the most HP for the buck. I do not know how many hills you have but the 25 Kawi won't be enough HP on hills and tall grass. I have a Super Mini Z 60" with a 25 Kawi and you will notice that the engine slows down when going up hills and blade rpm's drop. I would imaging that with a large frame Super Z and its additional weight the condition would be worse witht the same 25 HP. This is just my 2 cents. :drinkup:

tn mac
09-25-2006, 09:23 PM
I would also go with the most hp you can get and the 60 is perfect for your size property, it would be option 1 for me . the 60 is the number one selling full size mower, and will also have the highest resale should you ever decide to sell. the hustler 72 is under powered if you get into tall grass, they only offer one engine that will do the job. That being the diesel, and it has a fairly high price tag. The other engines will cut the grass but not at any where near the speed the mower is capable of going. I have the 28 efi in a 66 deck and it has good power till the grass gets thick and tall then it looses a little speed. that being said please don't read into my comment's that the hustler is not a good machine, I believe it to be the best mower out there and when the engines are there they will go up in size and offer one that will do well in the 72. some people don't understand how much power those big pumps use. good luck on your new machine.

RamaJamaBamaFan
09-26-2006, 12:50 AM
I woried about that too, although I figured it would be the 72 that would bog down.
Do you like your SMZ? I thought about purchasing one of those but wanted the 60in deck at least.

timmac
09-27-2006, 11:13 AM
i got my super z 27 horse 60 inch cut this year as a demo with 51 hours on it for 6800.00. mine is not the xr7 unit though.

MAJMattMason
09-27-2006, 11:41 AM
Whichever one you choose, you will cut down your mowing time by much more than half. I would estimate somewhere between an hour to an hour and a half total time mowing. As to which mower, of the three you mentioned, I'd go with the one you want. There's not enough price difference to worry about since you'll be keeping it for a long time because of how well they're built. The engine size is on the smaller end of things for the 72", but each would still work fine. Do you have hills or is it more or less flat? If flat, I might lean towards the 72", but if hilly, then the 60" 27hp Kohler might be the way to go, among these three choices.

ted5487
09-27-2006, 10:38 PM
I would go for the demo unit. $500 savings is nice as well as the 27 kohler. The scratches/scrapes would not bother me, you will probably put some on anyway. I have a Super Z 27 Kohler 60inch and have been very happy with it.

RamaJamaBamaFan
09-29-2006, 01:42 AM
Thanks everyone for the input. I have decided to go with the 27 Kohler. I'll go in the morning and pick it up (can hardly wait:dancing: )

I am excited about mowers again. When I was young, about 30 years ago, my dad had a Craftsman garden tractor with a mower deck. Made of steel and metal with hardly any plastic parts. It lasted about 25 years with just normal wear and tear and maintance. I loved that machine. I said when I grow up, I am going to have a Craftsman. Well, I did. But times change. Sears hit hard times, and the quality they used to be known for is just not there. The machine I have had for 10 years has had several problems and the power and cut is just not very good. I have saved my money and started researching mowers. Never heard of Hustler before all this till I noticed them at my local farm co-op. Thought Deer would be what I would buy. (and they are good machines) But the hustler just kept catching my eye. This thing wooked like it was built well (like my dads old Craftman). Well finding this website and researching helped even more with the people being so fired up about these machines. The real test was demo'ing the beast. Man, I'm hooked. :usflag:

mowerconsultant
10-01-2006, 05:31 PM
Good to hear and welcome to the family!!
Let us know how much you enjoy using your new toy.... I mean mower.....

Pj