PDA

View Full Version : PJ Answer The Question

puppypaws
09-25-2006, 02:42 PM
Tell the people why you run the Kohler 28 efi as your personal mower when you can run any mower Hustler makes, for some unknown reason you shut the door on the post where you had a chance to answer the question. I have run Kawasaki's and they are more temperamental than the 28 efi I'm running now. The Kohler 28 efi cranks and runs as perfectly as any engine could on less fuel. The boy that was talking about a quiet running liquid cooled Kawasaki with 500 hrs. on it is wonderful but why in the world would I want to fool with looking after a radiator and checking fluid and antifreeze levels when the 28 efi runs better on less fuel with more power than a 25 or 29 Kawasaki. I hope I don't have to put 500 hrs. on one before Hustler makes something that I like better and I can trade for.

mowerconsultant
09-28-2006, 09:14 AM
I run it because I can honestly.... I do love the power and the responsiveness also.
I have ran every engine option we have, and like this one as well as the liquid cooled.
They are all good.

Pj

puppypaws
09-28-2006, 10:04 AM
I run it because I can honestly.... I do love the power and the responsiveness also.
I have ran every engine option we have, and like this one as well as the liquid cooled.
They are all good.

PjThat is a cute answer " I run it because I can ", we all know that the position you are in with Hustler you can run any combination you care to. I can also afford to own any mower of my choosing, I understand you have to say they are all good from your company position standpoint but you do have a preference and it must be the Kohler 28 efi. Why would you even consider a liquid cooled engine with the extra maintenance no longer than you are going to keep a mower, from my understanding the 29 dfi uses a lot more fuel than it should with digital fuel injection technology. So now can we assume you prefer the 28 efi over the other engines Kohler has to offer at this time, just your very honest opinion to one specific engine is all I am asking for the publics knowledge. The engines may all be good but there is always a standout in everything that is compared exactly in every aspect.

MJB
09-29-2006, 02:19 AM
Puppypaws,
I like the L/C Kawasaki for over 3300 hrs or reasons. These engines last and last and burn less fuel than many of the other options. I'm shooting for 5000 hrs .

mowerconsultant
10-01-2006, 04:46 PM
That is a cute answer " I run it because I can ", we all know that the position you are in with Hustler you can run any combination you care to. I can also afford to own any mower of my choosing, I understand you have to say they are all good from your company position standpoint but you do have a preference and it must be the Kohler 28 efi. Why would you even consider a liquid cooled engine with the extra maintenance no longer than you are going to keep a mower, from my understanding the 29 dfi uses a lot more fuel than it should with digital fuel injection technology. So now can we assume you prefer the 28 efi over the other engines Kohler has to offer at this time, just your very honest opinion to one specific engine is all I am asking for the publics knowledge. The engines may all be good but there is always a standout in everything that is compared exactly in every aspect.

Cant pick one specific engine, I like so many of them.
At this time I am running a EFI Kohler, love it, great engine, but I have had liquid cooled Kawasaki's also, love them too.
Have had great experiences with Honda, Kohler, Kawasaki, air cooled and liquid cooled engines.
Sorry I cant give you a better answer than that.

Pj