PDA

View Full Version : morons

Gamn91
09-25-2006, 05:17 PM
one of my landscaping customers recently hired a couple of "masons" to come over and redo their front steps, these were just poured concrete. the first time they try to do this, the just mortar on some pieces of slate, and call it a day. they left about a 3/4" mortar line between each of the pieces, the mortar was a different color than the stone, and this was clearly visible, from the other side of the street.as if this wasn't bad enough, they also do some retaining walls, and the top of one of them isn't anywhere near straight, it has a 6" slope to one side.to make it worse, they came back yesterday, and tried to fix their horrible job on the steps. at first , they tried to take up the slate taht they had lain, but after about half an hour, thay give up, and preceed to lay the bricks, right on top of the slate.tonight, i'm gonna go tell this guy that he is getting screwed! tell me what you guys think of all this.

NNJLandman
09-25-2006, 07:13 PM
Dont get involved, I know it can be annoying, but dont get yourself caught up in the middle.

Jeff

kootoomootoo
09-25-2006, 09:57 PM
Call the landscape police

true

CAG
09-25-2006, 10:42 PM
i agree do not bad mouth the other guy... you never know why they hired them, it could be a family member or a good friend then you look like an a$$.. just bring up the point that u noticed the work going on and if they are not happy they will let u know.. even then don't bad mouth them, just be professional and give them your suggestions on how to fix their problem...

Gamn91
09-26-2006, 07:20 AM
I resisted the temptation, I just told the guy that he might want to get a second opinion on the work, from a different mason.when i was over there talking with him, i figured out that these are the same people that he had hired to paint the inside of his house just a month earelier.

noseha
09-26-2006, 08:02 AM
[QUOTE=NNJLandman]Dont get involved, I know it can be annoying, but dont get yourself caught up in the middle.

yes why ?

cedarcroft
09-26-2006, 08:17 AM
the main reason to not bad mouth another guys work is because the customer just spent alot of money with that contractor, he does not want his stupidity thrown in his face. He wants to believe that its a great job. You can be subtle and suggest alternatives, but let him decide that the job sux first.

Gamn91
09-26-2006, 03:31 PM
I'll just try to forget about it, and wait till this guy comes to his senses, thanks for the advice guys.