PDA

View Full Version : Super walk behind cut quality

syzer
09-25-2006, 09:05 PM
So, a some of you know I posted pics of the swb I received a few weeks ago. I have since put about 10 hours on the mower and am slightly concerned about the cut quality. Now, I am comparing this to an 06 Hustler Super Z with the xr7 deck, so I may be too picky.

The cut is in not way worse then the 06 Ferris WB I am replacing it with, but to me I think it should be better. When you swath cut by the super z and a swath next to it cut with the swb there is a fairly large difference.

What I believe to be the problem is the lack of suction on the swb as the blade tip speed I think is there. Now I looked at the blades and it hardly has any curl, so I am hoping gators or the high lifts will remedy the problem. I was just curious as to if any of you were experiencing this or not, and if so what did you do to correct the problem.

My main problem is that there will still be a lot of long uncut blades in the swath, a lot of them stay laying down, but when you look the swath cut with the swb appears more "coarse" because of the uncut blades laying flat.

Any ideas?

sawman65
09-29-2006, 08:13 PM
this is the third or fourth post on the swb cut quality and there has been no answer from the hustler guy so i will chim in.
i had a few guys that had a problem with the cut of these units and we talked with lonnie at hustler and he told us to do this. first make sure the belt tension is correct.second check the engine rpm make sure it is right.we had some that still would not cut well so we pulled the baffel out.then lonnie sent us some smaller pullys to up the blade speed these steps took care of most everybody.there were a few guys that traded the mower in for a exmark and a ferris me and the customer took some loss, mostly me but they were made happy.i can see why they stoped making this unit,way to many problems.

syzer
09-30-2006, 07:40 PM
Hmm, thats quite alarming! I just had my dealer hunt me down another 25/54" to buy since they are now discontinued because we love everything about this mower except the quality of cut. Should I reconsider my purchase? I would hate to back out on my dealer, but at the same time I have a level of quality my customers expect me to keep.

How can I get my hands on a smaller pulley to make the blade tip speed faster?

mowerconsultant
10-01-2006, 06:03 PM
i can see why they stoped making this unit,way to many problems.
You would be wrong with that comment.

mowerconsultant
10-01-2006, 06:05 PM
Hmm, thats quite alarming! I just had my dealer hunt me down another 25/54" to buy since they are now discontinued because we love everything about this mower except the quality of cut. Should I reconsider my purchase? I would hate to back out on my dealer, but at the same time I have a level of quality my customers expect me to keep.

How can I get my hands on a smaller pulley to make the blade tip speed faster?

No need to be alarmed.
We have sold many of the Super Walks and rarely hear complaint's.
E-mail me and I will get you taken care of.

Pj

sawman65
10-01-2006, 09:12 PM
wrong on what? too many problems or that they do not make this unit anymore?

mowerconsultant
10-03-2006, 02:00 PM
wrong on what? too many problems or that they do not make this unit anymore?

Your wrong on the to many problems comment.
Most people know we don't make them anymore.

Pj

blackandgold
10-10-2006, 01:53 AM
The 25/54 Super Walk was my best seller. In fact, never had one in the shop for any problem. Poor cut quality has never come up.

If I could get Hustler to build them again I would love to sell them again.

I have never had a unsatisfied customer of a Super Walk--one if my favorite Hustler mowers.

sawman65
10-10-2006, 05:44 PM
must be the grass you have up in the north west the few i have sold just did not do a good job even with all the factory "fixes".

syzer
10-10-2006, 07:29 PM
I love ours as well, I have been doing some testing, but I need to pic up a a few more sets of blades.

Blackandgold:

Do you have any experience with the mulch kits? Today I put a window out and a rock through a wall =(, we need to get discharge opening covers for all of our mowers, but with that comes the lines of grass. I am also going to add the mulch kit, but I have never seen any mower successfully cut long, wet, lush grass with a mulch kit without having to be double cut. On 5-6 acre commercially competitively bid properties, that will put you out of business in a hurry.

Any thoughts?