PDA

View Full Version : What is triangle fix?

beaver29
09-27-2006, 10:21 AM
Here is a quote from another user:

"I started out this morning mowing tall wet grass that was about 1.5 weeks of growth mowing it down to 3 1/4". This mower had plenty of power for this and it cut it absolutely great with only a stringer here and there and with practically no clumping. The discharge was amazing, it sprayed those wet clippings out evenly like they were dry as a bone with minimal build up under the deck. This mower had the triangle fix on the left side only and did not have the lift kit installed."

What does he mean by triangle fix?

mowerconsultant
09-28-2006, 10:39 AM
There are 2 triangular baffles that can be bolted into the rear of the deck to help with air flow in certain grasses and cutting conditions, along with a air lift kit in the front of the deck.
These are being installed at no charge for customers having cut quality issues.
This pertains to the XR-7 decks only.
This is not in all grasses or in all areas, it is a regional thing, from what we are seeing.

Pj

beaver29
09-28-2006, 01:16 PM
Is this the free flow triangles you are talking about?

Accu-cut Lawn Care
09-28-2006, 07:50 PM
Where are the fix kits for my 60" xr-7? Are they being distributed yet? If not, am I able to get my hands on a prototype? My fescue accounts are looking very bad. I am sick of double cutting grass. I am now at the point of using my 2352 z primarily and my 2760 for trim. I take a lot of pride in my work...When I'm leaving some of my high-end accounts now, I am afraid to even look at my finished product with that 2760.

MJB
09-29-2006, 03:14 AM
There are 2 triangular baffles that can be bolted into the rear of the deck to help with air flow in certain grasses and cutting conditions, along with a air lift kit in the front of the deck.
These are being installed at no charge for customers having cut quality issues.
This pertains to the XR-7 decks only.
This is not in all grasses or in all areas, it is a regional thing, from what we are seeing.

Pj
Did you mean bolted to the front of the deck ? I thought it was the triangle baffles for the front L and R side to help stop blowout. I have not heard of 2 for the back of the deck. I put my mulching kit back on because it cuts better than side discharge. I'm in the Pacific NW would these baffles help ? I have the air control kit on it now.

Also still have problems when the outside temps are above 80 the right hydro always gets jerky in turning backwards and going up hills. Going Up hills works great in the morning before the belts get hot I guess. I have put the bigger tension spring but it doesn't seem to be making a difference anymore. I will install a new belt to check it next week, only has 175 hrs on it

mowerconsultant
10-01-2006, 05:33 PM
Is this the free flow triangles you are talking about?

Yes.
These triangular baffles bolt in the back of the deck and improve air flow in conditions that need it.

Pj

mowerconsultant
10-01-2006, 05:35 PM
Where are the fix kits for my 60" xr-7? Are they being distributed yet? If not, am I able to get my hands on a prototype? My fescue accounts are looking very bad. I am sick of double cutting grass. I am now at the point of using my 2352 z primarily and my 2760 for trim. I take a lot of pride in my work...When I'm leaving some of my high-end accounts now, I am afraid to even look at my finished product with that 2760.

They are now in stock at the regional warehouse level.
E-mail me your information along with your dealer information and I will get you taken care of fast.

Pj

mowerconsultant
10-01-2006, 05:40 PM
MJB,
The triangular shaped baffles (filler's) go in the back of the deck.
You are thinking of the air control kit (anti blow out, used with the mulching kit or catcher) or the new air lift kit (this kit was developed for those having lift issues with certain conditions and grass types).

Pj