PDA

View Full Version : SSL and angle snow blade

TerraFirma Excavating
09-27-2006, 12:41 PM
I am thinking of getting an angle snow blade for my Bobcat 773T loader. I have about 1/2 a mile of road to plow to my house. Using a bucket is time consuming, so I'd like to get an angle blade and just make 2 passes (once each direction) to plow the road after a snowfall.

A friend of mine said that the SSL has too short of a wheelbase and the angle blade will turn the machine too easily. Is this correct? I'd like to get an 8' blade. I chain all 4 tires, so this should help prevent it from turning the machine. Will I be wasting my money on an angle blade and be better off getting a snow push?

Scag48
09-27-2006, 01:58 PM
If you're doing a driveway and need to angle the snow to one side there isn't a better tool. Guys plow with angle blades on skids all the time. Most of them do use push boxes, but you can use an 8' foot plow easy.

mow king
09-27-2006, 06:15 PM
I am thinking of getting an angle snow blade for my Bobcat 773T loader. I have about 1/2 a mile of road to plow to my house. Using a bucket is time consuming, so I'd like to get an angle blade and just make 2 passes (once each direction) to plow the road after a snowfall.

A friend of mine said that the SSL has too short of a wheelbase and the angle blade will turn the machine too easily. Is this correct? I'd like to get an 8' blade. I chain all 4 tires, so this should help prevent it from turning the machine. Will I be wasting my money on an angle blade and be better off getting a snow push?

Your friends full of crap. The weight of the skidsteer will keep it planted.

bobcat9957
09-27-2006, 06:55 PM
Like scag said you should be fine on the driveway. In a parking lot they are hard to use when you get a good sized windrow going. But pushing in a straight line they go like a champion.

ksss
09-27-2006, 11:33 PM
I use one and as long as your not trying to push too much of a windrow at one time they work very well. If your doing a road that will only require a pass in each direction it will work great. Very quick, very clean.

TerraFirma Excavating
09-28-2006, 01:31 AM
Good to hear. I plan on getting a angle blade to do roads and a snow push (with pullback bar) for larger lots. I like the idea of just running down the road while winging it off to the side.