PDA

View Full Version : Service CEO software

J&R Landscaping
09-27-2006, 07:58 PM
I am considering purchasing this software for next season. Does anybody use it? Good? Bad? Other? Any comments would be appreciated!

ChadsLawn
09-27-2006, 08:44 PM
how much is it?

J&R Landscaping
09-27-2006, 08:53 PM
The small business version which is capable of routing 8 jobs per day is $995.00. The full featured version is $2495.00. I got those price quotes as of today when I spoke with one of the represenatives.

J&R Landscaping
09-28-2006, 11:44 AM
Can anyone give me some feedback on this software?

jsf343
09-29-2006, 03:21 PM

Do you have a link so I could take a look at it? thanks:waving:

Michael J. Donovan
09-29-2006, 03:53 PM
they are a sponsor of the site - they have a banner in rotation in the upper right hand corner - or check them out directly at www.insightdirect.com

ChadsLawn
09-29-2006, 04:07 PM
For $2500, does it come with a state of the art computer? NO way would I spend that much on software. You know how much new equipment you can get what that money? Alot.
My opnion, try some of the other lawn software out there. I use groundskeeper, Lawnpro and have the trial of gopher. Groundskeeper is the best so far. they all cost about a 1/4 of what that software costs.

J&R Landscaping
09-29-2006, 10:45 PM
I've seen a little bit of a demo on it and it looks nice. I have also seen some of the gopher and that looks pretty nice as well. It is pretty expensive but it seems like good stuff. If I do get it, it probably wont be for a little while anyway so I still have time to shop around.

I was really hoping someone actually used it to give me some "insider" feedback.

out4now
09-30-2006, 12:59 AM
Site isn't coming up right now. If this is the one I'm thinking of it is an addon for Quickbooks or works in conjunction with it? I used to get an email update from the company I'm thinking of even though I decided long ago I wasn't interested int heir software if its the same one. It was geared more at fleet businesses like Tru-green or similar? It may be overkill in your case. Gopher seems to be pretty good and the trial even ran on Linux with Crossover office which is a plus. (didn't try all the features just wanted to see if it would do it or not). Question is do you need something that fancy or not? As for dumping large amounts into software I would say do it if it works for what you want. If its more than you need then you have to look at the cost vs. the true benefits. I asked a few questions about the software (once agian if its the smae company I think it may have been) and I wasn't really dazzled by the responses I got. (of course one was geared towards Linux which Microsofties simply hate) so not sure what their regular attitude toward the "typical" user is. Never tried it simply because of the attitude with which the question was met (once again only if this is trully the same company). Ask for a trial and see how it works and you be the judge, only you can decide what works for your business.

hoyboy
09-30-2006, 08:52 PM
I looked into ServiceCEO recently. It really depends on your type of business. If your business revolves heavily around inventory, they have probably the best software I've seen. My business does not, however, so I passed on it. The other area they excel in is buinesses that rely on "on call" type of work, or work that is unpredictable in nature. I think an irrigation company would fall under this heading...going out to a job and not knowing exactly what materials he will end up using, how many hours the job will take, etc. They have an awesome purchase order/inventory system...best I've seen.

Where they seem pretty weak is the scheduling bit...they really aren't geared for routine job scheduling. I use Clip and it blows ServiceCEO away in that area. From what I hear, Lawn Monkey would as well.

Anyway, just my opinion.

J&R Landscaping
09-30-2006, 10:55 PM
Thanks for the input!!! Anyone else have experince with this software??

kozmo
10-01-2006, 07:39 AM
I am a firm believer in you get what you pay for. I have been using software from a company called hindsight [hindsight.com]best program i have seen or used specially for multiple crews sch is awesome also you can use hand held in field for billing and est. we do run 6 different crews and it cannot be replaced i feel it has increased my bottom line by 5%. also it is integrated with map point and quick books.