PDA

View Full Version : I Wonder Wisconsin Power

rockytopp
09-27-2006, 11:32 PM
Hey Gang, And RED WOLF
I am thinking on rebuilding a VH-4D wisconsin to put on the Ford CL-30 ..Yup you all remember, I finaly am down to just the wisconsin or to some other engine type. The perkins did not work out. and the 2.5 Chevy. is junk. so down to the original air cooled job. I know the valves need work, top of one piston gone, no scratches in walls but not sure of the bearings. Mr. Red wolf said it only takes a short time to rebuild,,, Where do the parts come from, How exspensive, and can they be ordered??? Would it be cheaper to buy a used engine? At this time I am just looking at it,,, still on the trailer. Can't even trade it on a newer machine as is so must fix it first. All comments gladly excepted and enjoyed. :cool2: I do think that I can google a repair book,,, its a must .Thanks. Paul

RedWolf
10-01-2006, 01:59 AM
ok it shouldnt take long to rebuild the beast.When i rebuild the i always put in new bearings because you never know how hard it was run.you can still order parts for them. Here is the web site. I wish you luck.www.wisconsinmotors.com

rockytopp
10-03-2006, 12:39 AM
Thanks Red Wolf and all the gang for the help. I will try to return the favor soon.
I have found out today I can order parts for the wisconsin at our local parts house and have any machineing done that is needed. Now if I could just find some of the sheet metal... ah well down the path. Paul

RedWolf
10-05-2006, 06:14 PM
what are you looking for? I have alot of the VH4D motors and the old ACN BKN and AEN one bangers that I use as part engines.Let me know what you need and I will try my best to help you out.