PDA

View Full Version : setting up a biz in NY

AKraly
09-28-2006, 08:22 PM
I'm looking to set up a chemical spraying business in NY.. mostly weed control and fertilization. I know I need to first complete the 30 hr course and pass and test to be certified to do.. my question is where do I go from there? I already have a sub chapter S corporation so I don't think registering the business will be a problem. But what about other liscences and isurance? Will I only need the pesticide lisence or are there any others? What types of insurance does this type of business require? Any information is helpful. Thanks a lot.
-Anton

Rob Spread & Spray
09-28-2006, 10:04 PM
Check with your local DEC office. You may be restricted as to what products you can use at first. Also, isnt the neighbor notification law in effect on the Island?
Insurance- Have your company look into the Pesticide Applicators Endorsement. You should be able to add this onto your GL Policy. As long as you are testing pick up your 7A along with 3A/B

CWRSNY
10-01-2006, 02:07 PM
Hey, Im in the same boat as you and trying to get a chemical spraying company off the ground as a add-on to my landscaping company. Any ideas where the 30hr course is held on long island??

Thanks

grandview (2006)
10-01-2006, 02:55 PM
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=161656

I forgot it's 50 bucks for the test. You'll have a couple grand in it before you get you first customer.

noseha
10-01-2006, 02:59 PM
i would look for a guy named runner. very nice guy!