PDA

View Full Version : Boxblade on a skidsteer

Electra_Glide
09-29-2006, 08:46 AM
Anybody run a boxblade on their skidsteer?

A friend of mine in "liquidating", and he's got a Frontier 2072 boxblade and adapter plate that's for sale.

The main reason I would buy it is to have something to put a better finish on backfilling and regrading jobs. Right now, I just backdrag with the bucket, but I'm not usually happy with the results. I realize it's probably not going to be as good as running a Rockhound or Harley rake, but I'm thinking it will be better than what I can do with just the bucket.

I can have the blade and adapter for $550, which seems like a decent deal.

Joe

Birdhunter1
09-29-2006, 05:59 PM
That doesn't sound too bad for a boxblade and the adapter. the boxblade itself probably costs that much or more, considering it has John Deere greenpaint on it it'd probably cost a few hundred more.

When I bought my Landpride 6' a few years ago it was almost $800, I don't know much about how heavy of a unit that boxblade is but if you're just finish grading and backfilling it should work.

RockSet N' Grade
09-29-2006, 08:03 PM
ElectraGlide,
Get a Rezloh blade for the front of your existing bucket and you can get great results without having to even switch implements. Check out rezloh.com.