Did I do anything wrong?

http://jholland.phpwebhosting.com/junk/raisedneighborhood1.jpg
http://jholland.phpwebhosting.com/junk/raisedneighborhood2.jpg
http://jholland.phpwebhosting.com/junk/raisedneighborhood3.jpg
http://jholland.phpwebhosting.com/junk/raisedneighborhood4.jpg
http://jholland.phpwebhosting.com/junk/raisedneighborhood5.jpg

n2h20
09-29-2006, 09:41 PM
yeah you put the house to high up on the hill..:)

mojob
09-29-2006, 10:39 PM
what were they thinking? all the kids in the neighborhood are going to use it as a vert ramp. I want to see what happens the first time it snows.

Uranus
09-29-2006, 11:06 PM
I dont think the house it to high, The road is to low. Who the hell designed that mess. Developers are going to be scratching there heads wondering why nobody bought their houses.

RockSet N' Grade
09-29-2006, 11:54 PM
At first I thought this was a joke and there was a punch line somewhere.....nice skateboard ramp, nice set-up for a major law suit against the developer when the happy homeowner steps out of the garage - slips and rolls to the street on a spec of ice.....
As far as the job goes......When we pour driveways, I always set the grade 1/4 to 3/8" lower where the driveway meets the garage slab. This prevents alot of flow from driveway into garage. (In this case that is certainly not a concern). Concrete naturally wants to crack every 10' or so, so score lines or saw cuts allow the concrete to crack, yet it is controled. Another thing we do on the edges where dirt meets concrete is bullnose the concrete edges a couple inches deeper - it holds your subbase in and also adds extra strength to your edge...just thoughts.....
Man, I just can't get over that........city approved I'm sure.....their *ss will also be named in a lawsuit when that kid falls off his tricycle or tries to walk out the garage.......

Dirty Water
09-29-2006, 11:58 PM
RNSG: I didn't pour that one, though I've done one nearly that steep. Some people are just crazy.

LindblomRJ
09-30-2006, 01:41 AM
Hope it is faces south. (In case of snow or ice.) Nice Ski slope.

bigviclbi
09-30-2006, 08:54 AM
they can take out the houses and use the driveways as launching pads. wtf?

Dirty Water
09-30-2006, 11:40 AM
Back when I worked for a concrete contractor, we poured a similar driveway for a townhouse.

The Townhouse has two garages, one on each side of the lot, the building was a mirror image of itself.

The only problem was that the streets on either side of the lot were about 25' higher than each other. It was really a poor floor plan for that lot, but the builder went with it anyways.

So we ended up pouring a flat driveway on one side, and a 25-30 degree sloping one on the other. It was steep enough to bottom out a small car on.

Pouring it was a bear too, we had 3 guys with shovels and muck rakes pushing the concrete uphill while we rodded it, and we had it extra dry, so I got my exercise.

ACutAbovesiny
09-30-2006, 03:14 PM
Amazing. Really what more can anyone say.

Jason Rose
09-30-2006, 04:26 PM
LOL! Ive' seen the first pic before, honestly I thought it was photoshopped or something. I thought, "come on, who in their right mind would do something like that?" Ok, I still think that and some builder or contractor or planner, whoevers FAULT that is needs to be hit in the head, or be forced to live there and use the garage... I think I'd be white knuckled every time I had to back out of that!

Those houses SHOULD have been built with the garage in the basement, and even that would have been a little up a grade to get into, but still 10 feet less than that!

nobagger
09-30-2006, 06:05 PM
Space out some paver's as little rocks and sell tickets for a rock climing wall.:laugh: :laugh: There is a house that is just completed on our route, it has about the same degree of difficulty to get up. We usually get 150-200"s of snow a year-YEAH GOOD LUCK WITH THAT!

ACutAbovesiny
09-30-2006, 09:11 PM
Space out some paver's as little rocks and sell tickets for a rock climing wall.:laugh: :laugh: There is a house that is just completed on our route, it has about the same degree of difficulty to get up. We usually get 150-200"s of snow a year-YEAH GOOD LUCK WITH THAT!

Good point. You would need to put chains on your tires to get up that in the snow:hammerhead: .

YardPro
09-30-2006, 11:54 PM
LOL! Ive' seen the first pic before, honestly I thought it was photoshopped or something. I thought, "come on, who in their right mind would do something like that?" Ok, I still think that and some builder or contractor or planner, whoevers FAULT that is needs to be hit in the head, or be forced to live there and use the garage... I think I'd be white knuckled every time I had to back out of that!

Those houses SHOULD have been built with the garage in the basement, and even that would have been a little up a grade to get into, but still 10 feet less than that!

ditto.

i also saw the first before and thought it had been edited

forestfireguy
10-01-2006, 12:03 AM
I beleive they came with a hydraulic piston below grade, push a button and up it goes, then drive straight in. Also good for snow, rapid cycling of the piston will shed most snow!!!! I'm so silly.........

richallseasons
10-01-2006, 02:13 PM
thats f***ing crazy, dont you think someone somewhere in the course of building this mess might have said "HEY DO YOU THINK THIS IS A GOOD IDEA":hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead:

ChadsLawn
10-01-2006, 02:43 PM
that is just plain ******ed. Hey Dirty Water did yo take those pictures? If so can you post in a few months some new ones. Id like to see the people who bought those homes. Then get there address and mail them a letter telling them that they are even stupider? than the contractors for even buying that home.

just plain ******ed.

ztec
10-08-2006, 02:01 AM
just wondering in that part of the country what would one expect to pay for that house?

TPnTX
10-08-2006, 09:25 AM
I'm with the other guys. I saw the first two pics a couple of years ago. I studied the hell out of them and completely decided they were photoshopped. It didn't take much to convince me of that because the whole thing is over the top crazy.

I remember now what convinced me. Look how far up the downspouts are. I thought I'd spotted the one detail they over looked.

Uranus
10-08-2006, 11:36 AM
I think if we could get a good shot of the sidewalk to the front door from the driveway we could solve the debate of photoshop or real.

kdlklm
10-11-2006, 07:34 PM
if someone would build a house on that elevation with that driveway, what makes you think they are going to get the downspouts right. This is hilarious, but by the sounds of it, there are others out there like this. I do a lot of Photoshop work, and I'm convinced it's not a fake.

I wonder how many times you would hit the house, not being able to see over your hood.

RockSet N' Grade
10-11-2006, 08:59 PM
Five hundred bucks to the guy who can back a 20' boat up that driveway and get it in the garage without a scratch......

dfischer58
03-13-2007, 11:55 PM
'course the lower unit that is now 1' below grade will cost more than $500...

Duramax8832
03-14-2007, 04:13 PM
I think my Harley would get hung up going into the garage..You would have to wheelie through the doorway and try to stop before you go through the wall and end up in the kitchen.

GreenN'Clean
03-14-2007, 07:11 PM
Atleast they will have a place to ski right out front of there door.. Bobsledding anyone

New Heights
03-16-2007, 11:36 PM
Speachless, any idea where this is?

TheKingNJ
03-27-2007, 12:24 PM
have you driven by the house recently? was it sold yet?