PDA

View Full Version : Loegering V.T.S. on Skid Steers

RockSet N' Grade
09-30-2006, 08:16 PM
Loegering Versatile Track System has been out awhile now. I have never used them, but I am very curious to find out from those of you who have, what your experience has been.

dozerman21
09-30-2006, 08:27 PM
I have never ran a machine with them, but I know someone who bought them for his Case 95XT. He only had them a short time and he burned up 3 hydraulic pumps. He said they worked pretty good, but when you get in mud they get too heavy and that caused the pumps to go out. He traded that machine in for a Case 450 CTL after only a few months.

Chillenk20
10-01-2006, 12:07 PM
I have the loegering tracks on a Case 70XT and they do work very well. In muddy areas that are compacted fairly well it gives far better traction than just tires. I have never ran it in deep mud, but regarding what dozerman21 said, I can see how deep mud could be stressful on the pumps.

brushman
10-01-2006, 01:51 PM
I'm running a set of the Loerering VTS on my Cat 248 now with almost 700 hours on them. They are great, the machine has incredilbe traction and stability, no real experience in real heavy mud yet. As with any track, the operator needs to be careful about spinning tracks and turning too sharp. Also use caution as I have heard of one machine snapping a drive chain since all the load is on one chain instead of two as if it had tires mounted up.:usflag:

Bob Horrell
10-02-2006, 10:13 PM
I was one of the first to get a set of VTS tracks in December on 2004. That was the rainest season in Southern California in 100 years and I did a lot of work with them in mud that winter. They worked flawlessly. I have used them in all kinds of conditions (avoid rocks whenever possible) and have had absolutely no problems with them or my skidsteer.
I use them on a S250 Bobcat and really like them with my 2 speed. With the suspension, you can carry a load across a bumpy job site in second gear with ease. I have used a number of different MTLs in the past and I am convinced this setup is as good as it gets. Easy to clean, good wear on the tracks, excellent traction, smooth ride, and significantly increased lift before unstable due to the added weight and contact on the ground.
Loegering is also a great company to deal with. I was a pest in the beginning because I was leary about purchasing something that expensive that hadn't been out in the field for a while. They let me talk to some companies that did testing for them and their local rep was very helpful with anything I needed.
Overall they have been a money maker for me and have lived up to my expectations and then some.
I'd be glad to answer any specific questions about them.
Bob

all ferris
10-03-2006, 10:32 PM
I was one of the first to get a set of VTS tracks in December on 2004. That was the rainest season in Southern California in 100 years and I did a lot of work with them in mud that winter. They worked flawlessly. I have used them in all kinds of conditions (avoid rocks whenever possible) and have had absolutely no problems with them or my skidsteer.
I use them on a S250 Bobcat and really like them with my 2 speed. With the suspension, you can carry a load across a bumpy job site in second gear with ease. I have used a number of different MTLs in the past and I am convinced this setup is as good as it gets. Easy to clean, good wear on the tracks, excellent traction, smooth ride, and significantly increased lift before unstable due to the added weight and contact on the ground.
Loegering is also a great company to deal with. I was a pest in the beginning because I was leary about purchasing something that expensive that hadn't been out in the field for a while. They let me talk to some companies that did testing for them and their local rep was very helpful with anything I needed.
Overall they have been a money maker for me and have lived up to my expectations and then some.
I'd be glad to answer any specific questions about them.
Bob

How many hours have you pu on them???

Bob Horrell
10-05-2006, 08:59 PM
I have about 500 hours so far.