PDA

View Full Version : cement pad how to

bindercop
09-30-2006, 08:26 PM
I am doing a landscape-hardsacape project for the church that I attend this is what I need to figure out. I need to pour a smooth concrete pad that is
14' X 4 ' that is on an angle of about 45 degrees. On top of the pad I will be placing marble tiles that are 4" X 7", that is not a problem, this is how the church is paying for the project. What I need to know is how to get the concrete/cement to stay where it needs to be at the angle it needs to be, what kind of reinforcments I need in the concrete, any stress areas I need to worry about, what kind of rebar and the shape I need to use, basically I need to know everything because the price of this job is to help the church and in turn I will be doing the right thing and hopefully any business I can get from it will pay for my time. As a note I have already landscaped and installed irrigation, which is what I do, and have already received business opportunities from that. I can call on a concrete/cement company but I want to keep the costs down for the church as much as possible. Any help and/or ideas will be greatly appreciated. Post a reply or e-mail me at bindercop@catt.com. Thanks.

forestfireguy
09-30-2006, 08:35 PM
Finishing concrete is an art, in my expierience very few can do it well without lots of practice. That said do you have any other options? River rounds, mulch, even cottage stone set in mortar. Tp pour on that kind of angle you'll have to have them mix you a "hot load", meaning it sets up fast and you have very little time to work it, but if it's loose you'll have it running out over the bottom form. Is this just for cosmetic reasons? I assume it is.

Dirty Water
09-30-2006, 08:35 PM
Why exactly do you want a marble faced ramp? You won't have to get it finished nicely since your going to face it. Just rod it off and hand float the edges, like you would a footing for a wall. It doesn't need to be smooth, just flat.

forestfireguy
09-30-2006, 11:00 PM
My bad, I did not notice the part about it being faced with marble.