PDA

View Full Version : Califreakinfornia

cahermit
10-01-2006, 12:55 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't believe that there are any LCOs from California left alive that speak English, own a computer and are on this site... Except for me... ?

jminsb
10-02-2006, 01:36 AM
Hey buddy,
Not many fellow lco's from california here but some of us here...
J

Pullstart
10-02-2006, 12:33 PM
Upstart Cali Guy Here!!We are few in numbers thats for sure.

Dano50
10-02-2006, 12:39 PM
Let's not forget sponsors...

cahermit
10-02-2006, 02:51 PM
How's about the Central Valley?

Pullstart
10-02-2006, 02:55 PM
In Chico North of Sac

gusbuster
10-05-2006, 09:46 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't believe that there are any LCOs from California left alive that speak English, own a computer and are on this site... Except for me... ?

I was probably one of the first from the gold coast to participate on the lawnsite.com forum. Just don't come here too often as to the reason why you don't see me.

Where you're from in that county. Modesto?

I run 2 companies(well they are the same really). I work at the San Francisco Peninsula and just this year I started a separate company in the Manteca area.

cahermit
10-08-2006, 11:04 PM
Yup, u guessed it, up and coming motown. I grew up in Salida, now live in Turlock, and Started doing business in Modesto... I'd love to meet some people from the area to pow wow about what we do here, rather than what all these guys tell us about the east coast. no offense. ;)

gusbuster
10-10-2006, 12:31 PM
Yup, u guessed it, up and coming motown. I grew up in Salida, now live in Turlock, and Started doing business in Modesto... I'd love to meet some people from the area to pow wow about what we do here, rather than what all these guys tell us about the east coast. no offense. ;)
Use to be another forum that we tried to get going with a CA flavor, but as you can see, not to many of us on this side of the U.S.A. speak English.

Follow the link in my sig if you want to contact me, can get my local info. Usually can catch me in the Manteca area on Fri, Sat, and Sun.

desert rose gardening
10-20-2006, 10:42 AM
I'm from El Cajon a Suburb of San Diego, A few years ago there was a couple of guys on here form this area.

Q in Sac
10-24-2006, 02:13 AM
I was looking for excavating equipment (Bobcat MT 52/55 and Toro Dingo 322) to remove dirt/crushed concrete from residential and commerical locations. And I was directed to this site. What a gem!!

My company, Ivey EnviroTech Services. My primary business is Yard Cleanup, Debris Removal and Hauling. I do some lawn services for now, but in 2007 I will focus on the Hauling and Site Clean Up. I'm here in Sacramento, speak fluent English, and an Internet "junkie". My email addressis : iveyenviro@frontiernet.net

So I'm a registered user of this forum. So, hit me up on my e-mail address and we can talk. Later.

DWL
06-10-2007, 04:37 PM
Wow, not many from Cali! I've been part of this forum for years, but not really had the time to stop by and contribute to it.

I think we should get the word out here in California, especially here in the southland. I think since most English speaking people don't normally do this kind of business here in Cali. they are mostly working in Corporate Jobs.

We are from Anaheim, CA and service all of the beach cities. We mainly do Landscape Maintenance, Irrigation Repairs/Tune ups, Site clean up, Aesthetic Tree Trimming and two or three full Landscape jobs per year. Been in this industry for 16 years and still learning...changing technology and time saving products and so on.

Much success to everyone.

ken gustafson
03-23-2008, 01:28 AM
Born and schooled in San Bernardino and now live in Jackson, California which is about 50 miles East of Sacramento and Stockton. I dream up...get U.S. Patents and then have them built and now am trying to sell trailer locks for trailer hitches. When I finally get the OK for my 2 remaining Patents I should be able to lock up 90% of all trailers. Thanks....Ken

gusbuster
03-25-2008, 10:32 PM
Born and schooled in San Bernardino and now live in Jackson, California which is about 50 miles East of Sacramento and Stockton. I dream up...get U.S. Patents and then have them built and now am trying to sell trailer locks for trailer hitches. When I finally get the OK for my 2 remaining Patents I should be able to lock up 90% of all trailers. Thanks....Ken Well at least you don't have to go too far to test your locks. Great proving grounds in Modesto and Stockton, #1 and #2 for stolen equipment, trailers and autos in CA. Good luck!

John

b121774
06-22-2008, 01:13 PM
Any california guys still on here? This thread started over 2 years ago?!

ken gustafson
06-22-2008, 04:58 PM
I am still here...wondering where California people are and are doing. Seems like trailer theft in general but mostly in California is not a real problem or thought of seriously until the trailer is gone. I know that was the case for me....no thought until mine was gone. Now I am up to my axles in designs...U.S. Patents...having them produced and the biggest issue of all....trying to sell these locks to people BEFORE they have the issue of ....... My trailer and my equipment is gone.
When my trailer was taken...mind you it was chained to a large tree.... I was livid and hostile and even more so when I reported this crime to Sheriff Department. They took the report and that was the end of their story. Just was no big deal...take the report...answer next call. Have been working on these locks ever since. Picking the actual lock is the weakest part of the whole system but you have got to know what you are doing and am getting ready to make that way of attacking our trailer locks...many times more of an effort. It's going to take time to steal the trailer...so if the trailer is not hiding or out of sight it is going to be a real effort and game of chance...working on it...staying on it. Ken

socallawndude
08-03-2008, 08:20 PM
Funny, I was thinking I was the only one in Cali which is why I'd given up on the possibility of networking and have been using the site more as an informational resource (which has proven valuable more than once). The main problem in Southern California (specifically the inland empire) is the lowballing and the existence of so many guys being in the business. However, I have found some people are willing to pay a premium for someone who can speak English and can address issues beyond mow, blow and go; but make no mistake they are few and far between, but are incredibly loyal once you find them...

b121774
08-03-2008, 10:23 PM
Ya, I think this site cater's to the mid and eastern U.S. were irrigation isn't needed as much. I keep reading where these guys are bitching and moaning cause they have no rain and the lawns are dying/browning/not growing or going dormant. Can't even imagine having an account that doesn't have a system. Of course I don't usually bid job's by the "acre" either.
Here in Norcal, we don't have the "ethnic" competition as much as down south, especially in my small retirement community. If I decided to go with hispanic worker's I would lose at least a quarter of my business. I wouldn't say a lot of my customer's are bigget's, just come from a different generation.

gusbuster
08-06-2008, 04:41 PM
Ya, I think this site cater's to the mid and eastern U.S. were irrigation isn't needed as much. I keep reading where these guys are bitching and moaning cause they have no rain and the lawns are dying/browning/not growing or going dormant. Can't even imagine having an account that doesn't have a system. Of course I don't usually bid job's by the "acre" either.
Here in Norcal, we don't have the "ethnic" competition as much as down south, especially in my small retirement community. If I decided to go with hispanic worker's I would lose at least a quarter of my business. I wouldn't say a lot of my customer's are bigget's, just come from a different generation.

We don't have that ethnic problem here in North California....think again please. This trade is 95% Latino in CA. This state is somewhere in the region of 30 to 40 % Hispanic population. Have you been to Stockton or Sacramento lately?

Regarding the issue the use of Hispanic workers, the key to do this a communication line as I said earlier, the trades are more and more Hispanic\Latino. The customer wants somebody to talk to if there is a request for service or complaint. That's where the electronic leash comes in, in the form or e-mail or cell phone.

Going from a 1 man show to having 6 guys working 2 different areas, i can't be in both places at once. Yes, I did loose a few because I wasn't around all the time, But it didn't kill me either.

I've been in this trade for 30 years. I've watched my dad(did for 40 years before retiring) and Uncle ***** about the low prices that are the current standard of today.

Let's face it, anybody who has a truck, mower can get into this trade. The trick to surviving and thrive in this trade is to offer a good quality service, good communication ability, and reliability.

Regarding irrigation..... They have always depended on natural rain for irrigation. The weather back east, you could depend on getting rain every few days. As you move west, before being developed, what was the terrain before? Most of the terrain was arid and less inches of rain per year.

Then our properties are a lot smaller & so much easier\cheaper to irrigate by sprinklers than the larger properties you would see back east.

shane mapes
08-06-2008, 05:03 PM
affordable lawn care from Dixon -between San Fransisco and Sacramento.

gusbuster
08-11-2008, 05:47 PM
Shane Mapes

Is the big lamb processing plant still open there?

I know there use to be a big one in Dixon but don't know if they moved on or closed.

JoyofFluidFilm
10-16-2008, 05:36 PM
Hello All-

I'm JoyofFluidFilm and I am here giving away free passes to the
2008 Western Turfgrass Landscape Expo, that's going on

Date: November 5th and November 6th

Where: Pomona Fairplex, in Pomona, California

General Admission: $10 But if you pm me right away, I will send you free passes!!!!

shane mapes
12-20-2008, 09:14 PM
Shane Mapes

Is the big lamb processing plant still open there?

I know there use to be a big one in Dixon but don't know if they moved on or closed.

i just noticed that you had asked me a question. sorry for the delay. yes is is still here. it is across the road from my house.

thegreek
12-25-2008, 05:30 AM
East bay bay area

thegreek
12-25-2008, 05:31 AM
Hello All-

I'm JoyofFluidFilm and I am here giving away free passes to the
2008 Western Turfgrass Landscape Expo, that's going on

Date: November 5th and November 6th

Where: Pomona Fairplex, in Pomona, California

General Admission: $10 But if you pm me right away, I will send you free passes!!!!

Darn I missed it:hammerhead:

tomc327
12-30-2008, 02:21 PM
I get a lot of weird looks working in San Diego. I only do this part time and only one HOA account. Problem is, half of the people here don't speak english and I only know the important spanish words, i.e. CERVEZA POR FAVOR

theminigardener7
02-02-2009, 01:16 AM
From working in Pasadena CA, I agree with everything said by everyone however I still think the San Diego and Anaheim people and I have a harder time with the latinos(from my point of view)than u guys from northern california. However I've found that about 1/2 my customers hired me partly for the reason of I dont drink, swear, or do other bad stuff on the job like other gardeners. Anyways, it was nice to finally find out that good white people do mow lawns in southern california!

orlawncaresvc
07-03-2009, 12:34 AM
LCO from Fresno, Ca here. The central valley. whats up guys.

perdue
04-07-2010, 04:30 PM
Temecula Valley reporting! I just joined this site and my business recently. I work fulltime for a large landscape maintenance corporation and do this on my weekends. I started my business because I had a lot of friends asking me to do it because they couldn't talk to their landscapers.

edward hedrick
04-09-2010, 09:06 PM
My daughter lives in a condo in Escondido, They are looking for a new Lawn

person. send me a pm if interested. Ed

OakLeaRanchTractorService
08-04-2010, 01:24 AM
I'm in the Redding/Shasta County area, an hour and a half south of the Oregon border. We are the largest city north of Sacramento. We had a lumber industry forever here but that is a thing of the past. We now have a glut of landscape services that everyone else has mentioned. Our Hispanic community is relatively small but still exists, mainly in the restaurant business and construction. We have thousands of acres of national forest land where we have many from "south of the border" who are experts at irrigation and illegal marijuana grows.
I have been doing tractor work for 8-9 years, assisting landscape contractors and home owners with a variety of services. I'm retiring from 25 years of law enforcement and started with three maintenance accounts in January. I am building my business slowly, with much advice and information learned from all of you on this site. Many thanks. En espanol "muchisimas gracias".

AKLawn&Garden
09-10-2010, 08:48 PM
Noob from Central Cali here, just getting started. Part-timer while I'm finishing my A.S. in Landscape Management.

orlawncaresvc
11-17-2010, 01:20 AM
Noob from Central Cali here, just getting started. Part-timer while I'm finishing my A.S. in Landscape Management.

Welcome AKLawn, I'm just down the street from you. Fresno. We've done work in your town before. Good luck.

nguyend408
12-22-2010, 01:47 AM
Hey guys,

Just wanted to introduce myself, I'm from San Jose, CA. Looking forward to learning a lot on this incredible resource.

Dnryan
12-26-2010, 12:50 AM
hey everyone, from san diego here. Been in the biz for 2 years now. Best of luck to everyone come the new year. anyone else have a lot of cleanup after these past storms rolled through? i know i was busy and now im paying for it. Thought the homie d rain coat would be good for sd, but guess not. Now im sicker than a dog. Anyways just wanted to say hey.

Merry Christmas

nguyend408
12-26-2010, 04:18 AM
hey everyone, from san diego here. Been in the biz for 2 years now. Best of luck to everyone come the new year. anyone else have a lot of cleanup after these past storms rolled through? i know i was busy and now im paying for it. Thought the homie d rain coat would be good for sd, but guess not. Now im sicker than a dog. Anyways just wanted to say hey.

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas to you too pal!!!!

Florida Gardener
02-18-2011, 01:33 AM
For the so cal guys, do people want an English speaking gardener who knows hort, proper pruning, fert, irrigation, design etc??? I want to move to so cal(specifically santa monica) and would love some insight on how much people care about their landscapes out there....
Posted via Mobile Device

Dnryan
02-18-2011, 06:22 PM
thats how i have found my niche. I just graduated with 3 degrees all in horticulture and it does provide a great selling point to the customers. im finding many are getting sick of the communication barrier and dont like to have to tell their gardener more than once if they want something done.

Florida Gardener
02-18-2011, 08:57 PM
What part of SD are you in?? One of my customers who used to live out there said I could have a thriving biz because of what you said and he said that a lot of service companies out there suck(they do here as well).

One thing I noticed is that not many people out there get there palms pruned. People here have it done 2 times year(many get them overpruned which looks stupid as hell and is bad for the palms). I thought that was really interesting. Another thing I noticed is that a lot of plants were hacked and improperly pruned.

tlc1994
02-18-2011, 10:32 PM
What part of SD are you in?? One of my customers who used to live out there said I could have a thriving biz because of what you said and he said that a lot of service companies out there suck(they do here as well).

One thing I noticed is that not many people out there get there palms pruned. People here have it done 2 times year(many get them overpruned which looks stupid as hell and is bad for the palms). I thought that was really interesting. Another thing I noticed is that a lot of plants were hacked and improperly pruned.

One thing you should know is that there is no dominance in the lawn game out here. Instead of ten companies with nice trucks and commercial equipment, its ten thousand guys with beat up trucks scrapping for lowest bids. Anyone from southern California should agree that is at least partly true.

Dnryan
02-18-2011, 10:44 PM
Oh the palms always get pruned like crap. Mostly I see the mexican fans that they wait too long then hack them up so there is only like 2 frawns left. I would agree with what tlc says. I can't go a day doing maintenance without seeing at least 10 different hacks all with unmarked, uninsured, unknowledgable guys cutting fescue at 2" or less and trimming plants like a 2 year old. The thing to remember is charge what you have to to make a profit, there is no way to compete on prices with the cheap guys, just don't even try. I charge an average of 45 a visit for most track homes and more for bigger properties. People if they have it explained to tuem, will value having a guy that knows his stuff and takes a proactive approach. In all my maintenance yards I have a service agreement that states once a month I will check the irrigation for any leaks or problems. Homeowners really love that selling point and plus it tends to lead to more work all for an extra 5 mins a month. Also I have continued to differ myself by becoming certified to maintain pools. Now I market to people that they only have to write one check to the gardener and there pool man a month and its one less person they have to deal with. Homeowners love simplicity. Oh and I am in san diego, mostly east county but I do have 2 coastal routes as well.
Posted via Mobile Device

Kiril
02-18-2011, 10:59 PM
It always makes me cringe when I see someone who does mow & blow mention irrigation.

Florida Gardener
02-18-2011, 11:06 PM
Hacks and scrubs are everywhere....we have plenty here as well. We do have latino owned companies, but they don't get the customers that want a great lawn. The people who are cheap hire them. Knowing hort stuff(I have an AS in Hort) can get you far with customers. For example, we have had freezes here the last 3 years and our Coconut palms took a beating and many died. I picked up a big account last August in which the homeowner had a latino owned company who hacked everything back, scalped the lawn,etc. She lost 6 coconuts after a freeze. I informed her of getting the palms sprayed with a copper fungicide after this years freeze. Juan and Pablo don't have that knowledge, nor would they care to inform the client. The problem with Florida is that everyone wants the exotic plants, palms,etc. and our climate can screw a lot of stuff up and most companies around here suck.

I got off track there. Do you have any accounts in La Jolla? That is a beautiful and upscale spot.

I think with the right attitude, hard work, and knowledge, you can do well anywhere. I talk to all of my customers so I have a good relationship with them, they trust me, and like my work. Juan and Pablo more than likely can't talk to the customers either.

Another interesting thing I noticed was that the Queen Palms in Cal look different than ours here in Florida(they are everywhere here).

Dnryan
02-18-2011, 11:26 PM
Well I majored in school in irrigation design, landscape design and landscape technology and recieved degrees in all of them. And I don't consider myself a mow n blow. I started out in the construction side installing many irrigation systems so i do feel I am qualified to turn on a valve and check to see if they are leaks. Don't see what the problem is if I did take the time to educate myself and know what the heck im doing. I understand what ur saying and there r alot of people doing irrigation work who shouldn't be but im not one of them

Yes I have accounts in la jolla and point loma.
Posted via Mobile Device

Florida Gardener
02-18-2011, 11:30 PM
Are there any estate homes in your area? Accounts that are 1000+/mo??

Dnryan
02-19-2011, 01:04 AM
I don't have any but if u were to find prices like that they would most likely be in the rancho santa fe area. Most coastal homes just aren't that big.
Posted via Mobile Device

tlc1994
02-19-2011, 07:04 PM
I'm in high school and am fairly knowledgeable in Bermuda and Fescue lawns. Has anyone from California dealt with other types of lawns, like Rye or Bluegrass? I know there are always rare ones but I'm only referring to ones that are significant enough to the area.

Dnryan
02-19-2011, 08:39 PM
well alot of the fescue mixes here have some kentucky blue mixed in but none i have seen are all just blue or rye. There are some st augustine lawns to be found, mostly down in older communities though when that stuff was big. I would say that a good 80% or more are all tall fescue.

Williams Lawnscape
07-29-2011, 12:42 AM
I am in the san Fransisco bay area, specifically fairfield. About 1-2 hours depending on traffic from san Fransisco.

Anyways i looked at the classifieds in my local paper today and noticed a few interesting things.

1st:
one company was named amigo landscaping and they actually had we speak english on there ad... :hammerhead:

2nd:
I also notcied a second lawn care company on there ad said "most lawn for $15" Now talk about illegal low ballers :cry:

FreeriderVisa1
08-12-2011, 10:09 AM
We just moved back to Cali to the Santa Cruz area, what are some good seed varities to overseed lawns ?

tlc1994
08-12-2011, 06:42 PM
We just moved back to Cali to the Santa Cruz area, what are some good seed varities to overseed lawns ?

not sure if they go that far north, but Marathon sod has some good fesuce or bermuda varieties. I believe they are based out of Oxnard, but have branches a few counties north and south of ventura co. All their varieties are designed in regards to the california climate
Posted via Mobile Device

Cloud9Landscapes
08-14-2011, 05:22 AM
not sure if they go that far north, but Marathon sod has some good fesuce or bermuda varieties. I believe they are based out of Oxnard, but have branches a few counties north and south of ventura co. All their varieties are designed in regards to the california climate
Posted via Mobile Device

In my experience, the Marathon 1,2, and 3 varieties grown by Southland sod lack the drought tolerant properties that they are hawked to have. It is a constant battle fighting dry spots, insects and keeping the density of Marathon up in my area (Brea, Ca). Marathon requires a annual renovation in the fall to re-seed all the grass that died off during the summer, because few realize this, Marathon lawns often are poor quality and decline within a couple years. Fescue is a cool season and transition zone grass and shouldn't be planted in Southern California's arid climate. I mostly find Marathon lawns installed by tract home installers and landscapers ignorant of our climate.

FreeriderVisa1
09-02-2011, 08:16 AM
Hey guys , here in the Santa Cruz area looking for a mix for Fall overseeding and planting new lawns, any thoughts or varities people have used, Thanks !!:usflag:

FreeriderVisa1
03-01-2012, 09:09 PM
Looking for employment, have over 20yrs in the Buisness, owned my own Landscape Maint. biz for 13yrs, experience in turf disease, spraying, sprinkler repairs & upgrades, managment. Looking for a good, honest Company that takes care of there employees, any info would be great Thanks !!! 559-737-0159 Eric

orlawncaresvc
03-17-2012, 02:34 AM
Looking for employment, have over 20yrs in the Buisness, owned my own Landscape Maint. biz for 13yrs, experience in turf disease, spraying, sprinkler repairs & upgrades, managment. Looking for a good, honest Company that takes care of there employees, any info would be great Thanks !!! 559-737-0159 Eric

Come to Fresno. You'll get hired quick.

FreeriderVisa1
03-17-2012, 11:55 AM
We had are Biz in Visalia, Wife wanted to be by the beach, so how is the Fresno Market ?

orlawncaresvc
03-17-2012, 10:32 PM
We had are Biz in Visalia, Wife wanted to be by the beach, so how is the Fresno Market ?

It's getting flooded. Everybody wants to be a gardner. Put a mower in the back of your truck and you're a gardner. It's harder to get new work I'll tell you that. Don't mean any disrespect by this question, but what you ethinicity?

FreeriderVisa1
03-18-2012, 12:29 PM
I hear ya thats how Visalia was a couple years ago when we sold our buisness, people got to do what they got to do, made it hard for the people that had employees, workmans Comp, etc.... We had our Biz for 14yrs and many things changed during that time, its hard thats for sure, Im white :drinkup: !!

orlawncaresvc
03-18-2012, 12:40 PM
I hear ya thats how Visalia was a couple years ago when we sold our buisness, people got to do what they got to do, made it hard for the people that had employees, workmans Comp, etc.... We had our Biz for 14yrs and many things changed during that time, its hard thats for sure, Im white :drinkup: !!

Hey, I saw a story on the news a few years ago about a lawn business in Visalia. Their business was being hurt by all the unlicensed, uninsured low balling characters. The company even took as far as complaining to the city. I mean I agree, it's so unfair that you're trying to run a legitimate business with all the proper things required to be successful from workers comp to commercial insurance. And these other guys don't. Anyways, was that your company on the news? Just thought I ask.
Posted via Mobile Device

Fine Gardens Landscaping
03-18-2012, 03:33 PM
They are mostly being hurt by CUSTOMERS who hire irresponsible clowns to do their yard work in my opinion.

My thoughts on lowballing

1. Guys that lowball are inexperienced or uneducated or both

2. There are certainly guys on this site that lowball

3. Savvy customers (relatively few) realize the importance of dealing with a licensed, insured business. They want the people who work in their yard to be knowledge-able in regards to plants, turf, and pests and are willing to pay for this service.

4. Uneducated customers (majority) don't know anything, and just go for the bottom $ price. This customer type creates the demand for lowballing, and as long as there's significant demand there will always be people willing to fulfill it.

5. There is virtually no enforcement at the state level. You're supposed to be a licensed contractor to do jobs over $500, have a Pest Control Qualified Applicator Certificate for maintenance related work, have a business license in every city and county you work in, have liability and WC insurance. In reality you could run a landscaping/maintenance business for your whole career with out ever having the state step in and tell you what's what.

Florida Gardener
03-18-2012, 03:48 PM
They are mostly being hurt by CUSTOMERS who hire irresponsible clowns to do their yard work in my opinion.

My thoughts on lowballing

1. Guys that lowball are inexperienced or uneducated or both

2. There are certainly guys on this site that lowball

3. Savvy customers (relatively few) realize the importance of dealing with a licensed, insured business. They want the people who work in their yard to be knowledge-able in regards to plants, turf, and pests and are willing to pay for this service.

4. Uneducated customers (majority) don't know anything, and just go for the bottom $ price. This customer type creates the demand for lowballing, and as long as there's significant demand there will always be people willing to fulfill it.

5. There is virtually no enforcement at the state level. You're supposed to be a licensed contractor to do jobs over $500, have a Pest Control Qualified Applicator Certificate for maintenance related work, have a business license in every city and county you work in, have liability and WC insurance. In reality you could run a landscaping/maintenance business for your whole career with out ever having the state step in and tell you what's what.

You can report guys who are working without the proper licenses.
Posted via Mobile Device

Fine Gardens Landscaping
03-18-2012, 04:15 PM
That's be like trying to put out a fire by pissing on it

gusbuster
03-20-2012, 09:30 AM
That's be like trying to put out a fire by pissing on it

Only time enforcement is ever done at the state level is after a disaster such as the Gas explosion in San Bruno, though will share an experience I had in the valley at my own house.

I always had done maintenance work in this area since I was working with my dad in his business. Most of the damaged properties occurred down wind from the actual explosion sight

Anyway, the state (dept of insurance) investigators worked the fire area for a month after the explosion. They did nail 5 guys for not having workmen comp and having illegal employees. It did open up a lot of work but was also a p.i.a. since the state enforcement had no system in place to verify that a company had been checked.(maybe a sticker or some other marker would of been good) I estimate each contact with an investigator cost me 30 minutes of labor cost because they were running my contractor, wc and id's of me and guys.

Why I mentioned this, well the investigators were based out of Morgan Hill. Morgan Hill to San Bruno, good 70 mile drive. By the time they drove up from there, they only were able to do maybe 3 hrs worth of enforcement work. And you see they did bust a lot of companies in my area various trades, but the point i'm making is were is the efficiency if there are 4 enforcement officers for 1000 sq miles of high density population?

Like it was said......pissing into the wind.

SRT8
10-02-2012, 12:17 PM
Are you CA guys still on here?

tlc1994
10-03-2012, 01:36 AM
Are you CA guys still on here?

We're all outside enjoy the 107 degree heat right now...

shane mapes
02-10-2013, 10:33 PM
Any one here in Ca. doing REO-Foreclouser work? If so hows ut been this past year?

Law_n Man
06-06-2013, 04:59 PM
It is hard to find anyone in California period on this site...I'm Operating out of the East Bay. Any Idea what a good hourly rate to start out with would be...I hate to say it but its hard with all this effen competition who are undocumented.

SRT8
06-07-2013, 12:54 AM
It is hard to find anyone in California period on this site...I'm Operating out of the East Bay. Any Idea what a good hourly rate to start out with would be...I hate to say it but its hard with all this effen competition who are undocumented.
What city in the east bay?
Posted via Mobile Device

Law_n Man
06-07-2013, 02:08 AM
Out of Oakland

SRT8
06-07-2013, 09:00 AM
Out of Oakland

Do you do any commercial or just residential?
Posted via Mobile Device

b121774
06-07-2013, 09:14 AM
The average rate in my area is around $45 per man hr. I am at $50-$60 but I am one of the larger companies here. The competition here isn't as bad as the Bay or Valley areas. Foothills east of Stockton/Modesto. Not a lot of Hispanic's here.

mowing4rlife
09-24-2013, 09:46 PM
Anyone in east san diego on here? If so, what have you done to get work that works in the area?