PDA

View Full Version : Self Address Elv.

noseha
10-01-2006, 10:09 AM
Does Anyone Use Self Address Envelopes. For Return Money

dfor
10-01-2006, 10:20 AM
I used them in the beginning (2 yrs. or so). Then decided it wasn't worth the money or hassle of stuffing more into the envelope. I didn't notice any slow down on the payments either.

Trying to cut down on postage and get more customers to allow me to email their invoice to them.

Fordsuvparts
10-01-2006, 10:23 AM
My company uses a green self addressed envelope that we send out with our invoices, it makes it easy too know when we have received money. We went with the color green because green is the color of money!

Jason Rose
10-01-2006, 10:28 AM
I do. Its really not expensive at all, 80 security envelopes, the small ones, for 97 cents at walmart and I just print my address on labels so I peel and stick. A couple cents and a little time but it ensures that my check gets to my house. So many people would chicken scratch the address on their envelope, Had one end up in New York once! I figure it's just more professional too. I really hate getting bils that don't have a return envelope myself, then it's me that has to scrawl the address on one, it's time consuming when you pay like a dozen bills at a time.

I go have about 10 customers now that pay via their computer, but they use their online banking, punch in the amount to send me and the bank has a check sent to me. I leave out the return envelope for people that do that.

Littleriver1
10-01-2006, 09:38 PM
I have one customer that I send a pre addressed envelope with a stamp. It isn't that I worry about this guy. He is just not the most organized person around. He has a lot going on in his life and is always on the run. For me it's no big deal, but there is no way I would do that for every one.

Randbo88
10-01-2006, 09:58 PM
Go to staples and get a box of 1500 privacy envolopes then get a rubber stamp made of your address and an ink pad. It works for me and makes it easier for yourcustomers :drinkup:

gqnine44
10-01-2006, 10:01 PM
yes...they are a no-brainer

Roger
10-01-2006, 10:22 PM
I include a #9 return envelope, stuffed inside a #10 window envelope with the invoice. I use a rubber stamp for the return address on the #10, and another rubber stamp on the front of the #9 (for the return).

I use green paper for the invoice. My thinking was the different colored paper for the invoice would make it more noticable. I now don't think it makes any difference (compared to white).

Jason Rose
10-01-2006, 10:31 PM
Yeah, about the paper color for invoices... It's amazing to me how many people can't keep track of their bills! Ok, a couple really just don't want to pay, but then they end up sending me like 300 at a time, which once I add the 2 months they are behind together is still SHORT.

I think I may try some of that floruescent yellow paper for a few people, lol. Or some that glows in the dark or something.

THEGOLDPRO
10-01-2006, 10:33 PM
yeppers i sure do makes it easy for them

General Landscaping
10-02-2006, 02:02 AM
You should be able to setup your invoice program to print so that the top portion of the bill shows the customer address through a #10 left window envelope.
The bottom portion of the bill, that gets torn off and sent back, should show your address and the customers (return) address through a #9 double window security envelope. The #9 gets sent with the bill, inside the #10.

All the customer has to do is write a check, stuff the envelope, and put on a stamp.

scott's turf
10-02-2006, 09:03 AM
You should be able to setup your invoice program to print so that the top portion of the bill shows the customer address through a #10 left window envelope.
The bottom portion of the bill, that gets torn off and sent back, should show your address and the customers (return) address through a #9 double window security envelope. The #9 gets sent with the bill, inside the #10.

All the customer has to do is write a check, stuff the envelope, and put on a stamp.

Exactly what I have been doing for years now. No writing, labels or stamps for me or my customers. They tear of the perfereated bottom portion of the bill and send back with check.

Josh.S
10-02-2006, 11:33 PM
Exactly what I have been doing for years now. No writing, labels or stamps for me or my customers. They tear of the perfereated bottom portion of the bill and send back with check.

Where do you get the perferated paper at? do you have any exapmles you can scan in to show me how this works?

General Landscaping
10-03-2006, 12:17 AM
Where do you get the perferated paper at? do you have any exapmles you can scan in to show me how this works?
D/L the trial version of Groundskeeper Pro. The invoice/statement is setup to work like mentioned above.
For examples, just look at any bil/statement that you get from credit cards, cell phone, etc.
I get my perforated paper fromdata-labels.com (http://www.data-labels.com/perpapforina.html) <---- that will take you directly to the perforated paper.

Just found this.... print your own carbonless, 3 part estimate sheets.--->3 part (http://www.data-labels.com/ncrpapcol3pa.html)

scott's turf
10-03-2006, 08:42 AM

I have a "phiskers" sp? perferator/cutting wheel that I use to perferate the bottom of the invoice. I can only do about four at a time but I usually am only sending out about 40 invoices so it isn't that big of a deal.

LawnBrother
10-03-2006, 10:23 AM
I started doing self addressed envelopes last year. Not stamped, though, they can put their own stamp on it! It DEFINIELY increased the number of on-time payments. Well worth the money for envelopes. Do it, it's more professional that way too.