PDA

View Full Version : What type of Fertilizer do you use?

Landscape89
10-01-2006, 03:53 PM
Just wanna see who uses what when it comes to a Fertilizer Brand..

desert rose gardening
10-22-2006, 11:05 AM
When buying fertilizer one should purchase from a local manufacturer if possible, they should be making it for the local area they are in, so they should know the balance of the soil and the nutrients that it should need.

Jason Rose
10-22-2006, 11:24 AM
Iv'e been with Lesco for 5 or 6 years now. IMO they have a very good product, only a coupel occasions where I got a batch that was still kinds "wet" like it was maybe rushed into bags to get it out or something, I dunno but I had to scrape the impeller of the spreader after every couple bags. Usually it's never like that, unlike many other brands where that's standard fare...

I agree with the blend for your area. Even if the fert isn't produced there it can still be brought in as seperate components and mixed to the ratios that are best for your area. Here we need mainly N. P and K are high about every where here and applying more of it all the time dosn't help anyone. Also the pH is generally high here, so a custom blend with a higher sulfur content would be nice. We have GardenWise here (Wichita) and I hear that they are coming up with new blends for this area, I don't know about the "brand" of it though.

muddstopper
10-22-2006, 01:13 PM
Looks like Lesco is favored by about a 2:1 ratio, at least until I voted.
I think fertilizers should be chosen based on soil samples and not by brands. If you aint soil testing, it doesnt make any difference whose fertilizer you use. Your just guessing anyways.

bobcat175
11-18-2006, 05:41 PM
Lebanon Pro...

J&R Landscaping
11-18-2006, 07:53 PM
I get some stuff from lesco but I also get a good amount of stuff from 2 local companies.

tracyalan
08-19-2009, 01:57 PM
I offer organic a Scott's.
9 times out of 10 they get the Scott's.