PDA

View Full Version : diesel

tomo
10-02-2006, 10:26 AM
hello, mower consultant Q is hustler looking into expanding the diesel range at some stage .Although i like the current line of gas/diesel a compact diesel best suited toyour 60-66 deck would be nice.28 kubota fits the bill. Or 900cc direct injection=good pwr/torqe with maybe 20%lower consumption than current generation probaly half fuel cost of gaser.Simple deck belt system to avoid most under rated shaft drive systems or expensive hyd deck systems.

thanks tomo
ps; just dream'n of perfect mower 4 contractor

mowerconsultant
10-03-2006, 02:02 PM
We are looking at many options in the diesel mower design and model mix.
Check back here after the Expo this weekend.... ;) :clapping: :laugh:

Pj

Mickhippy
10-04-2006, 04:29 AM
Your a dead set tease PJ!

Tomo, be a year till there here anyway!
Before next season would be good though!

I like the idea of a shaft drive to deck so different with you there!

tomo
10-06-2006, 08:08 PM
Hello, PJ how did u go at the expo?? Could u please explain further about diesel line up. thanks tomo

mowerconsultant
10-10-2006, 09:22 AM
We showed a new Yanmar 750cc vertical shaft v-twin diesel model Hustler Z with a 54" rear discharge deck.
We also plan to offer the 54" side discharge with it.
No pricing at this time, pictures to follow soon.

Pj

Mickhippy
10-10-2006, 07:51 PM
Is that the same engine as on the Dixon?

Its a shame its not larger and with the 60"deck, thats what most people would be interested in I would think.
I suppose your limited by the available engine choices!

tomo
10-11-2006, 04:00 AM
Hello pj, thanks 4 the reply sounds very interesting the yanmar 750cc, but unfortunately still not on the mark of approx 1000cc best suited to 60--66.If the yanmar was direct injection with torque levels abovecurrent 1000cc engines i may be interested. Is the install of the vert vtwin yanmar only the begining ,i can only hope the engine will be feed steroids and breed rapidly.The vtwin is it a new engine family or does it have heritage? [proven?]
As u may have guessed i am in the market 4 a mower and hustler is a good product but incomplete range.
Is this case i am forced to pick toro597d 60inch poor second but good points r compact ,well suited to 60/66, fair weight spec,good chassis/deck combo,second generation machine [most bugs have been soughted],very popular with contractors, large ozzy knowledge.Better trim than hustler [ in the 60 diesels ]
IT misses on the following, the jury is still out on the engine only average all things considered [slightly under powered 4 heavy work ] No 66deck available .Cust support is slighlty better 4 hustler as toro classes diesel ztr as domestic unit sub catergory LCE.:hammerhead:
MOST IMPORTANTLY HUSTLER APPEARS TO LISTEN TO CUST FEED BACK :waving: :waving: AND ACT !!!!
I can appreciate both brands but iam writing this to at least give u my opinion .I am certain my thoughts would be similar to other contractors.
THANKS TOMO

mowerconsultant
10-11-2006, 08:59 AM
Is that the same engine as on the Dixon?

I believe it is.