PDA

View Full Version : What Mower

JLB611
10-03-2006, 09:15 AM
I am new to this site and this has been the most helpful site I have came across. I am trying to decide which mower would be best for my needs. I mow near an acre, 3/4 of the yard is flat and the other 1/4 is on a 20 to 25 degree slope at it steepest. By what all I have read a Hustler seems to be the best on hills.

mowerconsultant
10-03-2006, 05:47 PM
Our mowers are great on hills, no doubt about that.... but..... 25 degrees is pretty steep and could be dangerous.
What size are you looking for? what is your budget? is it a ditch your mowing or a slope? what is at the bottom? what type of grade is the finish? rough? smooth?
I would recommend trying out a mower on your property to make sure its ok.
What are you mowing with now?

Pj

JLB611
10-03-2006, 09:27 PM
Thanks for the reply. The mower that I am interested in is the Mini Fastrack with the 42" Cut. The slope is only that steep in one area. I live in a subdivision so the road is at the bottom with little travel on the road. This is the first season I have owned this house and have been mowing the hill with a 22" push mower. I have been wearing football cleats and never fall. The rest of the yard I use a cheap riding mower that I bought to get through the year after I saw the amount of time it takes to push mow the whole yard.

mowerconsultant
10-04-2006, 09:22 AM
I would still be concerned with the slope you are talking about.
Make sure you tell the salesman at the dealer your situation and see if you can get a on site demo to make sure the mower is going to do what you need it to do and do it safely.

Pj

JLB611
10-04-2006, 09:36 AM
I will go talk to a dealer and explain my situation and hopefully they will do a demo on the hill for me. Thank you for all of you help

Jetjockey
10-04-2006, 10:15 AM
I have a MFT 42 and have hills. As Mower Consultant indicates, a 25% grade mowed parallel is at the max of that unit. No zero turn is a billy goat! Steep hills can be very tricky keep your focus!

mowerconsultant
10-05-2006, 11:58 PM
We don't recommend more than a 15 degree slope with any of our mower but the ATZ, it is designed for slopes.

Pj

syzer
10-09-2006, 09:04 PM
*cough* Super walk behind *cough* =)