PDA

View Full Version : Kubota RTV

Marek
10-03-2006, 09:17 PM
Anyone have one ? If so how do you like it? Looking at getting one to play with on the farm and for the kids. The only thing that I have seen that is close quality wise is the Bobcat 2200.But never checked on the price.

start2finish
10-03-2006, 10:50 PM
expensive, should be between 10-12 thousand. Could be more depending on options.

huh
10-07-2006, 11:28 PM
i know someone that owns 2 of them for their vineyard

they love them.....BUT as previously said they are EXPENSIVE

the seats will wear on them very fast which is ok as long as stored inside or you don't mine "wet tractor seat azz"

I have driven both of them and I think they are over kill for what my friend needs them for....I had used their Gator 6 wheeler as well as an older AMT (the 5 wheel gatros) and a Gator 4 wheeler.....I prefer the gators and the AMT they are faster it seams to me (about 18 mph) they are lighter, they are cheaper, they hold up well and the beds are just as big as the RTV....the RTV says it carries more weight, but i think it would bog down easier because it is heavier and seams to have smaller tires that try and drive into sand instead of float over it.....gators were light enough for me to push right out when I "tested them" sometimes in mud.....I think the RTV would sink like an anchor

lastly the RTV has a weird deal when you let off of the gas fast it "breaks" like a jake break and throws you foward until you get used to it

over all the RTV is a great machine (except for the seats), but OVER KILL and over expensive for what i think they can really do "off road".....if you really need to carry more weight around a farm than a gator can carry get an old isuzu pup and knock all but the windshield out and maybe tear the doors off and go for it like that.....probably save 10,000 doing that and go faster and have a bigger bed.....otherwise get a gator they are well build and cost less (as long as your Deere dealer will give you the time of day but that is another story)

:)

FearThisDeere
10-08-2006, 11:29 PM
lastly the RTV has a weird deal when you let off of the gas fast it "breaks" like a jake break and throws you foward until you get used to it

I noticed that when I was driving one as well. Thank god I had my seatbelt on. I think it has something to do with the hydrostatic because my tractor does the same thing if I left off of it when I am going too fast. They are way too much money. You can buy a nice sued truck for $12k that will do much more than the RTV. The only thing a truck could not do would be get out on the ATV trails. If you have the money, it is a very fun toy.

Dirt Digger2
10-08-2006, 11:59 PM
my boss has one. He use to have a Mule but traded it on an RTV and i love it. The hydrostatic brake is rough at first but you get use to it. The main advantage to the machine is that it has a driveshaft and is not belt or chain driven. my only reccomendation would be to get a hydraulic tilt bed, it makes it so much nicer when you get a heavy load in the back.

Construct'O
10-09-2006, 12:44 PM
Check out the Polaris Ranger 700EFI they are not cheap either!!!!!!! If you have a ways to go to where you want to be they run 40 plus mph,so can get there and back quickier.Plus they have a good working qualitys also.