PDA

View Full Version : New Hustler Owner-Thanks and a ? or 2

parkgt
10-03-2006, 09:58 PM
Thanks to the many knowledgeable people on these forums I finally made the decison to buy a new Hustler. It is quite a step up for a fellow used to mowing two acres with a Craftsman riding mower.

I made a deal today to purchase a Super Mini Z, 25HP Kawasaki / 52", with Flex forks and a mulch kit. The out the door price is $7250.00; does that sound like a pretty good deal?

It is probably much more mower than I really needed but I wanted it to be the last one this 54 year old has to buy.

Are there any particular things I should inspect for when I pick it up?

Are there any things I should do as far as break-in of the motor or mower?

Thanks again for giving me the courage to make this purchase.

Greg

mowerconsultant
10-04-2006, 08:27 AM
Your owners manual will tell you what fluids and filters to change at the break in interval's (5 hours on engine oil and filter and 50 hours on the hydro filter).
When picking up the mower make sure the levers are adjusted to your liking and comfort level, also double check fluid levels and tire pressures.
Overall just look it over and make sure it is to your satisfaction, you are the customer.
And..... thank you for buying a Hustler and welcome to the family !!!!

puppypaws
10-04-2006, 04:45 PM
Thanks to the many knowledgeable people on these forums I finally made the decison to buy a new Hustler. It is quite a step up for a fellow used to mowing two acres with a Craftsman riding mower.

I made a deal today to purchase a Super Mini Z, 25HP Kawasaki / 52", with Flex forks and a mulch kit. The out the door price is $7250.00; does that sound like a pretty good deal?

It is probably much more mower than I really needed but I wanted it to be the last one this 54 year old has to buy.

Are there any particular things I should inspect for when I pick it up?

Are there any things I should do as far as break-in of the motor or mower?

Thanks again for giving me the courage to make this purchase.

GregYou are like me, I'm 57 and we are running out of time whether we want to admit it or not, so if I can afford it and want it I buy it. They have never padded one casket with money that I have ever seen, it is kinda like the lady whose husband was a multimillionaire and he told her when he died to put $1,000,000.00 in the casket with him before they put him in the ground. Everybody knew what he had requested of her so after he was buried they ask his wife if she really put the million dollars in the casket with him and she said " I certainly did I wrote him a check and put it in his pocket ". You can satisfy yourself when you get a chance because you will always have to satisfy your wife and the IRS.