PDA

View Full Version : Flex Fork Testing

puppypaws
10-04-2006, 05:22 PM
PJ, you need to keep us informed, we are sending two sets of flex forks back to Lonnie next week for testing because the rubber inside is fatiguing, this causes the mowers to have more up and down motion than when they were new. They already have one set there with around 450 hrs. I understand they are testing, we are sending my set with 153 hrs. and another set with over two hundred hrs. so they can test and compare. The rubber composition probably needs to be strengthened a little more because this is the same type rubber they use under tractor trailer truck suspensions and they certainly don't fatigue very easily. The fellow they put the new ones on his mower with over two hundred hrs. said he did not actually realize how much tension they had lost until he started back running the mower with the new ones. He said it actually raised the mower up 1/4" and he pays very close attention to detail and the mower rode much better like it did when he first bought it. I don't want to run one without them but they appear to weaken very quickly, just let everyone know because this is a wonderful invention.