PDA

View Full Version : MFT Mulch Kit/Bagger...

dafreak
10-05-2006, 02:40 PM
It has been awhile since I posted but I have a MFT and my yard is about 1 1/2 acres with lots of Oak and Hickory trees. I will have a ton of leaves to deal with and I really do not want to burn them. I have been looking at ways to shred them and leave them on the lawn and recently installed some gator blades. They however are not going to do the job. If I add the mulch kit what will that do for me and if I add the bagging system how fast will those cans fill up. Any other suggestions or help would be appreciated. Thanks.

:drinkup:

mowerconsultant
10-05-2006, 11:09 PM
The mulch kit will keep the leaves under the deck and shred them more before they are put back to the ground, depending on how wet they may be and how thick, is going to determine the end result.
I would suggest our wavy mulching blades also.
As for the catcher, again, if they are drier they will shred to smaller pieces and you will pack more in the catcher.

Pj

dafreak
10-09-2006, 10:35 AM
How difficult is it to install and takeoff the catcher? Is it bulky for storage?

mowerconsultant
10-10-2006, 08:56 AM
How difficult is it to install and takeoff the catcher? Is it bulky for storage?

Simple, matter of a 2 minutes or so.
It's no larger than the rear cover, stores very easily.

Pj

dafreak
10-12-2006, 09:16 AM
One more thing, my two front tires have no air in them. I just noticed cause I was still able to mow but what would cause them to go flat? I have not filled them up to see if the tires just lost air but I found it strange.

mowerconsultant
10-12-2006, 11:09 AM
Colder temps will cause low pressure tires to lose air.
Air them up and see if you can hear or see a leak (soap and water works well).

Pj